Restart

Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]♡[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]Restart[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]The couple were sitting at a table in a restaurant, it was a long time they hadn't done such a thing, going out together and without their daughter; but Hyorin didn't expect to hear those statements from her husband. "What?!" She asked with tearful eyes. "D-Divorce? Why?"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Look, I always wanted to become rich, remember? With you and Byul... you know, it's not possible... I mean, they have invited me to take part in that project in Ireland... if I don't go, my future will be destroyed! Do you want this?!"

"Future... are Byul and I your obstacles? How can you say this, Baekhyun?"

"Aish... Hyorin... they want a single man for this case! Why are you doing this to me?" He whined.

"What am I doing to you?! I'm just trying to protect our family!" She wiped her eyes. "Ok Mr. Byun, hope you'll have a bright future without us... but remember, you are not allowed to tell my family about our divorce..."

"Then, what will you tell them when I don't show up in your family ceremonies?"

"We'll tell them... tell them... you've gone to a business travel, ok? So don't let them know."

"Fine." He drank his wine.

•••

All family had gathered in Mrs. Kim's house. It was a goodbye party for Baekhyun. "It's sad that you can't take part in our wedding. " Chanyeol said.

"Yeah... that's right. You must have told us sooner oppa, then we'd arrange our wedding sooner..." Hana pouted. "Unnie, you're going to stay here?"

"Stay here?! why?" Junmyeon asked. "Do you want to leave your own house?!"

"Why should she? That's not true." Nari agreed with her husband.

"Well... I thought it's better if she stays here." Baekhyun spoke up. "She'd feel lonely at home."

"What?!" Hyorin asked.

"That's right!" Hana clapped. "She'll stay here!"

"Hyorin... Here's your house... you can stay as long as you want." Hyoyeon smiled. "Ok, start eating now..."

"Mom, the new tenant will arrive tomorrow, right?" Junmyeon asked.

Hyoyeon nodded. 

"It's sad that we still have people who rent those places." Nari said. "That's too small for a family..."

"He's a single man... not a family. Don't worry about it." The mother added.

"That small room on rooftop you mean? Jung family left?" Hyorin asked.

"Yes, it was a month ago. They bought a house and left." Hana answered as she put more meat in her fiance's dish.

•••

"Kiss daddy..." Byul kissed his cheek. "Daddy will miss you so much!" Hearing Baekhyun's sentences, Hyorin just rolled her eyes, trying hard not to punch him in face.

She took the box out of the taxi. "Byul-ah, go play with Jongin. Ok?"

"Jongin oppa is always busy with his homework..."

She knelt down. "Go in Byul, I want to talk with daddy."

"Ok." She ran in.

Hyorin stood up. "Why did you sell the house?!" 

"It was mine and I sold it, so what?" Baekhyun said matter-of-factly. 

"I hate you..." She said. "I hope we'd never meet again."

"Sorry, I'll come to meet Byul." He got in the car. "Airport please." He left. 

As she looked at the car, someone ran upstairs. She turned to him and just saw his back. "Was he the new tenant?" Hyorin walked to her room and sat down. She opened the box and looked at the things she had brought. She found a dusty album in the box and took it out. "D.O." She smiled. When she was younger, she was a fan of that soloist and he was a big star in 90's. "Where are you now, oppa?"

Hyorin remembered the time when she was young and Baekhyun pleaded her to marry him. He even bought D.O.'s albums for her so she'd agree. That album was one of them too. Hyorin wanted to cry, no one could understand how she felt, like a loser... she'd spent 13 years of her life with that irresponsible man and that broke her heart. 

Meanwhile, Byul was sitting on a chair on the rooftop, playing the piano. "Twinkle, Twinkle little star!"

"Yah! What are you doing there?" The man shouted. "Get away from my precious piano! Do you know how expensive it is?"

"How... expensive it is, ajussi?"

"Ajussi?! Why do you call me ajussi, huh? Call me oppa!"

"But you're old, why should I call you oppa?"

"Everyone calls me like that! And I'm not old, got it?"

"You're old though..."

"I'm a famous man, I'm not old!" He hit her head slightly.

"Ah! Why did you hit me ajussi! I'll tell my mom... hwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" The girl ran downstairs while crying. 

"Such a spoiled kid..." He walked in his room.

When Hyorin heard her daughter's wail, she wiped her tears and walked out. "What is it Byul-ah?"

"That ajussi up there hit my head..."

"Why?"

"Because he wanted me to call him oppa, but mom he was old, why should I call him oppa?"

Hyorin took her hand and ran upstairs. "How dare he hit my daughter?" She knocked his room. "Yah ajussi! Open this door! Ajussi, how dare you hit my daughter, huh? Open this door! I know you're in there! Open this!"

The man kept quiet in his room. "This woman is scary..." He whispered. 

Hyorin breathed deeply. "We'll meet each other... be sure!" They left.

•••

Some days later, when that strange man was shopping at supermarket, Hyorin and Byul walked in. "Byul, what do you want?"

"I want potato chips." He recognized the girl's voice, so he tried to hide.

"No Byul. You had that yesterday!"

"Candy?"

"No, it's not healthy."

"Mom, please... only one!"

"Ok then... only one." The man found a chance to ran out. Hyorin looked at him. "Isn't he... oppa?" She whispered. "Byul-ah, stay here, ok? I'll be back in a minute." She ran out. "Oppa!"

"That woman!" The famous man started running. 

"Oppa! Oppa! Kyungsoo oppa! Wait!" She ran, following him.

"Stop it." He speed up. Kyungsoo didn't even notice that he dropped the ramyeon that he had bought. He ran behind a car and hid there. 

Hyorin lost him. "Oppa... I knew it was you... where did you go..." She pouted and walked back to the supermarket.

After an hour, Kyungsoo went back to his room. He looked at the empty plastic in his hand. "It was my only food for today..." He whined as he fell on his bed. "I don't have money! Ah..." He cried. 

•••

"Sing in a restaurant?!" Kyungsoo asked with frightened face. "No, never!"

"It's better than nothing." Minseok, his friend, said. "People have forgotten us... let's believe this, my friend."

"Maybe they've forgotten you, but not me!"

"Ok then, most famous idol ever..." He stood up. "You'll starve if you don't do so."

Kyungsoo thought for some seconds. "Ok." He whispered. "Where should I go?"

"Oh... it's near... I'll send you the address after getting home."

•••

The next day, Kyungsoo was coming back from that restaurant while counting the money which the owner had given him. Suddenly he bumped into Hyorin and Byul. "Oppa..." The woman whispered with wide open eyes. "Are you... oppa, you... do you live here oppa?!"

"Well... yes..." He whispered. Since woman knew him, it was too hard for him to tell the real reason. "It's because... I'm gonna act in a movie... it's... it's about a math genius who doesn't have much money so he lives in a room on a rooftop." He said as he led them in. "To get closer to that character, I decided to live here for awhile..."

Hyorin nodded. "Oppa, you've become thin..."

"I don't eat much... um... for that role, I mean." He said. "And about your daughter..."

"Oh... Byul..."

"I'm really sorry... I shouldn't hav-"

"No, no, she likes to play the piano, but her ious teachers said she's not talented. She can't learn..."

"Who says?" He knelt down in front of Byul. "Everyone can learn everything, if they try for it."

"Yes... so, I'm happy we're neighbors." Haneul bowed. 

"But please, Ms. Kim, don't tell anyone about me, you know..."

"Of course... I understand why." She smiled. "Byul... say good evening to oppa."

"Oppa?!" Byul looked at her mother and she nodded. "Good evening oppa." She bowed and they walked in.

"Ah, Hyorin you're home?" Hyoyeon said. "Come here, Junmyeon and Nari are here too."

"Jongin oppa!" Byul ran in. "Can we play? "

"Yes! I don't have any homework! We can play..." He took her hand and they ran to Hana's room.

"Yah! Don't touch my things, you two!" Hana shouted. 

"Ok auntie!"

"What's up?" Hyorin asked while taking off her overcoat. She wanted to tell them about her divorce, she was ready for it.

"Nothing... ah!" Nari clapped. "Our neighbor, Mrs. Lee, remember her?"

"Soonkyu? What happened?" Her mother-in-law asked.

"Oh, mom! Haven't you heard about her daughter?!" Hana asked and her mother shook her head.

"She got a divorce." Junmyeon announced. "That's bad... good thing we don't have such an experience in our family."

"Right... that's a shame... what should happen that you destroy your life like that?" Hyoyeon agreed with her son.

"But mother... sometimes the best thing to do is to separate." Nari commented.

"Even in that case, a woman must protect her family." Hyoyeon said. 

"All men aren't goo-"

"Why are we even arguing about divorce now?" Junmyeon tried to end the argument between his wife and mother. "Nari and I are living peacefully with each other, alongside our son. Hana is getting married to the man she loves and Hyorin and her husband are doing fine too. Everything's ok in our family, thank Goodness." He explained. "Right?"

"Of course oppa!" Hana said, but Hyorin just nodded. She couldn't tell them, no, at least not yet.

•••

Kyungsoo was playing the piano that Byul walked to him. He stopped and looked at her. "So... you like piano?" She nodded. "Your name's Byul, right?"

"Yes, Byun Byul."

"I'm Do Kyungsoo." He greeted her with a handshake. "How old are you Byul?"

"Nine."

"Oh... I'm thirty-nine." He said. "Do you want me to teach you? Playing the piano, I mean." She nodded, smiling. Kyungsoo noticed the doll in her hand. "Who's he?"

"It's a she. Patty..." She hugged the squishy penguin tightly. 

"I thought it's Pororo." He laughed and made her sat on his lap. "Where's your dad, Byul?"

"He's traveled abroad, for work."

"Ah... you miss him, don't you?" Kyungsoo caressed her hair.

"I do, but what can I do about it? It's better though, he hit and shouted at mom." Kyungsoo's eyes widened, she looked at him. "My mom says you were famous when she was young. Is it true?"

"Don't you trust your mom?" He asked. "I'm a superstar!"

"Then why can't I see you in TV shows? Like Weekly idol." Byul asked.

"Well... people forget... like, when you buy a new toy... do you play with the old one too?"

"Yes, I do. I don't want my toys to feel sad."

Kyungsoo hugged her tightly. "That's because you're a wonderful girl, Byul. You are a shining star in the dark sky... but adults are different. They forget you... betray you... take your money and leave you..."

"What does betray mean?"

"It's not a good thing dear... it's not a good thing." He wiped his eyes. "Do you want me to sing a song for you?"

She jumped down. "Can you?"

"Yah... haven't you believed me? I'm a singer, I swear to God!" 

Byul giggled. "Ok then... sing for me."

•••

Hyorin walked to the rooftop to hang the clothes she had washed that she heard the conversation between Kyungsoo and his manager. 

"We can't continue this way Kyungsoo! You are not popular anymore... your fans are nearly in their forties. Forget those glory days of yours... just go to that stupid show to earn money!"

"Jongdae... how can you say this? I still have my fans... those shows just make me seem forgotten!"

"You don't have a fan dude!" He shouted at him. 

Suddenly Hyorin jumped in front of them with a poster in her hands. She had also changed her clothes. "Oppa! Aigoo... oppa! I finally found you! We... we were searching for you... some one said you're living around here and all of your fans were searching for you!" Kyungsoo just looked at her, shocked. "Oh... I'm going to tell other ladies! They all want to see you!"

Jongdae stood up. "Ok... you still have fans... I think you don't need that show... anyway, goodbye." He left.

Hyorin put her bag and the poster on the table. "Oppa..."

"I...thank you..." Kyungsoo whispered. "I owe you a lot."

"Don't say that oppa... I'm still your fan." She sat next to him. "Was he your manager?"

"Yes." He sighed. "Now you got everything I assume."

"Hmm..." Hyorin thought for some seconds. "He was rude... you must change your manager."

"Who agrees to be my manager? I don't have money to pay." He looked at her. "Do you... want to be my manager?"

"Me?" Her eyes shined. "Seriously oppa?"

"Yeah... I want to teach your daughter how to play the piano... and you said you'll pay for it yesterday. If you become my manager, I'd teach her in return. How about this?"

"Oh... I love to be your manager!" She said.

Kyungsoo smiled. "Good then."

•••

Days passed and Hyorin was searching for a way to make Kyungsoo as popular as past. It had been two month that she was doing so. "Shine again produced and directed by Choi Dahyun is a way back to the stage?" She read the title of the article in the website. "This is fabulous!" She ran upstairs with her laptop. "Oppa! Oppa!" She knocked his door.

"Yes?" Kyungsoo opened the door. "Yes Haneul-ssi?"

"I found a way!" She smiled. They sat outside and Hyorin explained everything to him.

"So this TV program is for forgotten idols?"

"Right... it's a contest! I know you can be the winner oppa... so, as your manager, I'm going to sign your name."

"No... I'm not... that makes me feel bad."

"Oppa, believe it or not, people have forgotten you! We tried many ways... visited many producers! No one works with someone like you, unless... you become popular again."

Kyungsoo sighed. "Ok."

"Fine, so start writing a new song..." She said. "I read different articles and I got people prefer songs which are from bottom of that singer's heart... a song which will give the real feeling of love, hope, sadness and happiness. Can you write a song like this?"

"I think... if I write about my life, it'll be like that." He said.

"Ok then! I'm going to sign your name." Hyorin stood up and raised her fist. "Fighting!"

Kyungsoo nodded. "Fighting!"

•••

Hyorin was waiting in front of her car, the only thing that was left for her. Suddenly, her phone rang. She looked at the screen. BBH. Hyorin had changed her husband's name after divorce. Actually she wanted to block him, but she couldn't. Baekhyun was still Byul's father. "Hello?"

"Hi, how are you?"

"Why do you ask? Do you care now?"

"Oh please Rin..." He sighed. "You're still my daughter's mother, right?"

"So what? Do you care about her?"

 "Hyo!"

"If you cared about her, then why did you leave her? A girl needs her fa-"She saw the idol walking out of the house. "Oh! Oppa!" She waved. "Hello oppa!"

"Is that Junmyeon hyung? Shouldn't he be in the hospital at this time of the day?" Baekhyun asked.

"Hi manager..." Hyorin laughed shyly. "How are you today?"

"Fantastic!" She said. "Look Baekhyun, I got to go now... we'll talk later, bye."

"Wait, who the hell is that op-" She ended the call. 

"Let's go!" Hyorin got in the car. "Are you ready?"

"Yes, of course yes. Was he... hmm... Baekhyun, your husband?"

Her face turned white. "Yes... he... he's my husband."

"Well, he's a lucky man... to... have you... in his life." He whispered, looking out of the window. 

Hyorin looked at him. That sentence hurt her heart. She wanted to cry. If only Baekhyun could understand it, but love had turned to hatred in her heart. Once upon a time, Byun Baekhyun was her world, now even hate was a weak word to describe the feeling she had for him. Hyorin hoped she'd be able to forget him.

They got to the studio and the producer, Choi Dahyun, welcomed them. "Oh... you are D.O, am I right?"

"Yes..." He bowed.

"Wow!" Dahyun jumped excitedly. "Would you autograph your album for me? I have it in my office."

"My manager is here, so of course." He smiled.

Dahyun turned to Hyorin. "Oh... so you're his manager... please wait until his turn... there are a lot of idols here, you know?"

"Yes, thank you." Hyorin bowed and walked back to Kyungsoo. "They say we have to wait."

"Fine.." He smiled and sat down.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
10 hours passed and they were still waiting. Hyorin looked at the angry manager of another idol who was shouting at some staffs. After some minutes of argument, they let them go in. "Hyorin..."

"Yes oppa?"

"When will be our turn? It was 8 AM when we got here, now is 6 PM."

"Oh..." She stood up. "I'll ask now..." Haneul  walked to one of the staffs. "Hello... I'm D.O.'s manager, Kim Hyorin... um, I wanted to ask when will his turn be."

"Wait... we'll call your name."

"But... we're here from 8... that idol who walked in the studio... he came after us. How ca-"

"I said we'll call you!" The man shouted. "Look at here! Here's too busy, isn't it?" He asked. "Just wait! If you can't, then leave!"

Hyorin opened to talk but at the end all she did was bowing. "Oppa, they say we have to wait."

"It's ok."

•••

It was 11 PM when Hyorin got home. She was too tired to even walk, but suddenly she noticed her mother standing in front of her angrily. "Hello mom."

"Where have you been?"

"I was working mom... I have a job now, and I'm really tired." She said.

"Why do you work?"

"Is that a question mom? Why does Nari work? She's a woman too... then why does she work?"

"She's too different from you..." Her mother answered. "Your husband doesn't like it, your job I mean."

"Huh? My husband?!" She was too exhausted that she couldn't remember that they weren't aware of her divorce. Her eyes widened. "Baekhyun called?"

"Yes, he called me. He asked about oppa... look daughter, your husband is way more important than a useless job... no one even knows that man." Hyoyeon said. "Hyorin... Baekhyun is working in Ireland for you and Byul, why do you keep-"

"Mom, please stop!" She ran out of the house and took out her phone. "Byun Baekhyun... the only reason why I don't put a curse on you is Byul." She dialed his number. "Baekhyun, why did you call my mom? Didn't I tell you not to talk with my family? What's your problem exactly? Remember, you are not my husband anymore! We separated five months ago... so just leave your successful life without us!" She ended the call and turned to go inside that she met Nari looking at her as if she had seen a zombie.

"You... you've gotten a divorce?!" She asked.

"Wha-what are you doing here?"

"Well, we live in the same apartment as your mother... I went to drugstore to buy some medicine for Jongin." She explained. "Now tell me Hyorin unnie, you've divorced for real?"

"Nari..." She hugged her tightly and started crying.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter