Chapter 7

Do I wanna know ?

Chapter 7

As Tiffany walked down to the beach she was welcomed by the sight of Taeyeon wearing a nice simple suit waving like a dork towards her. In front of her was a luxurious middle sized yacht with a table for two set on it.

“Hey, you look beautiful.” Taeyeon complemented Tiffany the moment she was within arms reach.

“ I would say the same about you.” Tiffany replied. She appreciated the gesture. She knows how Taeyeon is not the type to give out complements easily.

“Are you ready for our date? Shall we ?” Taeyeon gestured to the yacht as she held out her hand to the latter.

‘ she is such a gentlewoman.’ Tiffany noted mentally as she took Taeyeon’s extended hand and hopped into the yacht.

“I wasn’t sure what you would like to have for dinner so I went with your favourite meal which is pasta.” Taeyeon said as she pulled the chair for Tiffany like a true gentlewoman she was. Tiffany blushed at the action as no one had made her feel this special in her life.

“Pasta is okay.” Tiffany said trying her best to hide her elevated heart rate and her burning face.

“So how was your day? How was the mall?"

‘Finally a date where your partner is not busy talking about themselves .’ Tiffany thought as she thanked all the lords above that Taeyeon is so different from all of her past partners.

“I had a fun day at the mall today. The mall was okay. However, I do have to tell you a bad news. I kinda maxed out your card.” Tiffany said embarrassed.

“Oh really? Did you get everything you wanted? We can go to the mall again tomorrow. I can make some time.” Taeyeon asked as she chuckled.

‘ she’s not even mad. Am i dating an angel ?’ Tiffany thought to herself

“ Yes, I did. Don’t worry. How was your day?”

“Just same old meetings and business deals. Nothing special really.” Food was served as Taeyeon replied.

“I missed you.” Tiffany said shyly as she looked at the meal to avoid Taeyeon’s gaze cause god knows how much the small midget in front of her was making her feel like a teenager once again.

“Awww…I missed you too.” Taeyeon said as she smiled.

“Tell me more about your day. What did you buy?" Taeyeon added as she knows how much Tiffany likes talking. However, the latter was awfully quiet today.

Just like a switch, Tiffany’s eyes lit up upon hearing a chance to talk about her true love, fashion brands. Taeyeon is aware given their long friendship but it is still refreshing to see the light in Tiffany’s eyes.

‘She’s so cute’ Taeyeon thought to herself as she heard Tiffany went on and on about her shopping spree.

Taeyeon tried her best to keep up with Tiffany’s blabber throughout the whole dinner and soon they finished their meal.

“Would you like to go for a walk at the beach?” Taeyeon asked nervously. It wasn’t her first date yet she feels that it is looking at how the beautiful the latter is.

“Sure. Let’s go!” Tiffany said excitedly as she grabbed Taeyeon’s hand as they went for a slow walk.

“Maybe it is best to take off your heels.” Taeyeon said as she squatted down to take off Tiffany’s heels.

Tiffany knew that Taeyeon was a caring person given their friendship was a really good one. Taeyeon is always the care taker of the group and she takes good care of Tiffany as well. However, she never expected that Taeyeon would be such a caring partner to this extent. The date was beyond perfect. She felt like a princess in a fairy tale. She felt lucky indeed.

They linked arms as they walk through the beach bare footed. The breeze was perfect and Tiffany’s dress was flowing softly along with her hair just like a scene from a movie.

“What do you think of the date so far?” Taeyeon asked breaking the silence.

“It’s perfect Taeyeon. I appreciate it. Thank you for bringing me on this trip and this date.”

“Does it mean I am finally forgiven?” Taeyeon said with pleading curious eyes.

“Not yet. Maybe I would if you kissed me right here” Tiffany said with her finger pointing to her lips.

The usual Taeyeon would give a sarcastic or a witty remark instead of actually kissing her best friend but tonight she wasn’t here as Tiffany’s best friend, she was standing in front of her as a possible life partner. So instead of the usual banter she would give, she pulled Tiffany by the hips under the moon and stared at the latter’s lips before closing in the gap between their lips.

The moment their lips met, there were fireworks inside Tiffany’s heart as her heart leaped in joy. The kiss was a simple yet meaningful one as Taeyeon took her time exploring the latter’s mouth. Taeyeon was leading the kiss and Tiffany never knew that her ex best friend was such a good kisser. They only parted their lips because oxygen was a necessity.

With her hand still on the latter’s hips, Taeyeon looked at Tiffany deep in her eyes with a breathy breath and asked “Am I forgiven now?”.

Tiffany was loss at words to say at least with the way she was being held and the way she was kissed but she knew she was desperate for more of that tongue. The question was a blur as all Tiffany could focus on was those lips. It wasn’t like it was their first kiss. However, Taeyeon had never kissed her that way or had she ever been kissed that way by anyone. Looking at Tiffany’s dazed reaction, Taeyeon chuckled at the latter’s expression.

“Earth to Tiffany” Taeyeon said she she finally set the latter’s hip free. Taeyeon waved a little before Tiffany’s trance was finally broken.

“Are you okay?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yeah I am. Sorry I was thinking of something.” Tiffany said embarrassedly but they both knew that Tiffany was thinking about their kiss earlier.

“What were you saying again?” Tiffany asked.

“Am I forgiven now?” Taeyeon asked for the second time.

“Oh Yes Yes. You are forgiven now. It’s getting late maybe we should head by to the hotel.” Tiffany said as she breeze walked her way from the awkward situation.

“But the hotel is the other way though.” Taeyeon pointed to right direction. Tiffany was beyond embarrassed at this point but she tried to hide her embarrassment as she waked breezily towards the right direction.

“Were you planning on going somewhere else?”Taeyeon said teasingly as she ran up next to Tiffany.

“Stop teasing me!” Tiffany said as she threw a punch on Taeyeon’s arm.

The banter continued all the way back to their hotel room.

“Wait where are you going?” Tiffany asked as she saw Taeyeon not joining her in the room but was just standing at the door frame.

“I will be sleeping at the room across you.” Taeyeon pointed to the door opposite of Tiffany’s.

“Why? I thought we were sleeping in one room.” Tiffany asked curiously.

“Gotta keep it classy. We are taking it slow remember?” Taeyeon answered.

“Okay then. I had a great night.” Tiffany said with a smile.

“I’m glad you did. Goodnight Tiffany.”

“Goodnight Taeyeon.” Tiffany said as she planted a sweet kiss on Taeyeon’s cheek.

“I’ll see you tomorrow at breakfast okay.” Taeyeon informed.

“Okay. See you tomorrow Taeyeon.” Tiffany said as she shut the door and proceeds to daydream about her date. On the other hand, Taeyeon was satisfied of herself that night. She did everything as planned and everything else was in place. They both drifted to bed that night with a smile on their lips.