Chapter 10

Do I wanna know ?

Chapter 10

Tiffany heard a knock at the door as she was lying down on the bed. She haven’t showered as her mind was filled with so much thought flashing back on what the fortune lady told them. As she was deep in her thoughts, Taeyeon’s head prompted inside the room.

“Hey, why haven’t you showered ?” Taeyeon asked as she entered the room.

“Are you okay?” Taeyeon asked worriedly as she check Tiffany’s temperature through her forehead.

“I’m fine. Just a little tired.” Tiffany said as she lightly pushed Taeyeon’s hand away. Taeyeon was hurt by that action but decided to not show it.

“Do you want me to bathe you?” Taeyeon asked playfully.

“I’m not in the mood Taeyeon.” Tiffany scowled. She knows that she is being a towards Taeyeon but she can’t help it with all the anxiety running through her head.

“If you want, I can step out from the room if you need some time alone..” Taeyeon finally said seriously obviously hurt by Tiffany’s words but she tried her best not to show it. Tiffany felt guilty as she saw the hurt look on Taeyeon’s face.

“It’s okay. Just stay. I’ll go take a bath now.” Tiffany said as she stood up from the bed.

“ Do you mind ordering me some Pasta? I’m hungry.” Tiffany said as she made her way to the bathroom.

“Sure, I will.” Taeyeon replied as she took the room service menu to decide what she was going to eat.

Tiffany took her time in the bath as she needed time alone with her thoughts but was too afraid to hurt Taeyeon by shooing her out of the room. After a long hour of shower, she finally got out. However, she was welcomed by an empty room. She searched for Taeyeon but found her dinner nicely laid on the table with a note which she assumed was from Taeyeon.

‘I know you want some time alone but is afraid to hurt me. Don’t worry. Take as much time alone as you need. I’ll be in my room if you ever need me. Make sure you finish your dinner 😡 Your pasta was expensive’

Tiffany laughed at Taeyeon’s antics. She liked how understanding Taeyeon is with her mood. It amaze her by how the latter knew her so well but she realised that she spent half of her life with the latter so maybe it is possible for the latter to know her more than herself.

Taeyeon heard the knock on the door and was welcome by the sight of Tiffany holding her pasta.

“Mind if I join?” Tiffany asked.

“Of course you may.” Taeyeon said excitedly as she made space for Tiffany at the table. Tiffany just giggled at the gesture.

“I thought we were going to eat together.” Tiffany as as she pouted looking at Taeyeon’s half eaten meal.

“You took too long in the shower. Plus you look like you needed some time alone. Do you feel better now?” Taeyeon defended herself.

“Much better after a warm shower.” Tiffany answered.

“That’s good. I’m glad you feel better.” Taeyeon said as she caresses the latter head, one of Tiffany’s favourite gesture as it reminds her of Taeyeon’s warmness. The warmness emitting from such a small act will always be a mystery for Tiffany. She felt her whole heart warm up from seeing that dorky smile and that soft touch.

‘Maybe now is the time. I can’t hide it from her forever. She deserves to know.’ Tiffany silently thought determined to tell Taeyeon the truth that was bogging her mind the past hour.

“Taeyeon-ah, I have something that I have been keeping from you. I think it is time for me to come clean.” Tiffany took a deep breath before she continued.

“Please don’t be shocked and offended. What I am about to tell you, only a few knows. Yunho oppa is the only one other than my family that knows about this.” Tiffany paused while she examine Taeyeon’s facial expressions.

“Go on.” Taeyeon said calmly with a straight face.

“Taeyeon, I have a child.” She blurted out. Silence engulfed them. Taeyeon was in front of her with an unreadable expression. Even with the years of being with each other, she has no idea what was on Taeyeon’s mind. She just stared at her in silence.

“Please say something.” Tiffany said as she reached out for Taeyeon’s hand.

“That’s just wow. I don’t know what to say. I’m not sure how to react. That’s a lot to take in.” Taeyeon admitted truthfully.

“I understand if this is off putting for you and I get if you no longer want to date me. I know how much you always say that you are bad with kids. How you were….” Tiffany blabber was stopped mid way as Taeyeon interrupted her.

“Hey, look at me! That’s not true at all. Breaking up with you is the last thing on my mind right now.” Taeyeon put Tiffany's mind at rest.

“Oh thank god! I don’t think I can ever get over you if you do cause I’m falling for you so hard.” Tiffany said with relief only to realise that she was meant to keep the last part of her speech to herself. She looked at her side and was welcomed by Taeyeon sheepish smile.

“Did i hear that right ? Can you tell me again ? I don’t think I hear you too well.” Taeyeon teased the latter.

“I know you heard me loud and clear Taeyeon.” Tiffany said with an annoyed look.

“ No harm in telling me twice.” Taeyeon more.

“ Fine. I said I am falling for you.” Tiffany said in defeat as she hid herself in embarrassment.

“I think you forgot ‘so hard’.” Taeyeon said teasing the latter more.

“ Oh shut up Taeyeon ! You know what I meant.” Tiffany scolded.

“I know. I am falling for you too.” Taeyeon said in her calm voice.

“So you don’t mind if I have a kid?” Tiffany asked curiously.

“Well, I am shocked to say at-least. Secondly, I am offended that you never told me since I was your bestie since day 1. But I also understand that you must have had a good reason to keep this away from me.” Taeyeon reasoned.

“I don’t know Taetae. I wish I told you sooner. I just couldn’t admit it to myself that I have a child. Telling another soul would just burden me more. I only told a handful of people as they helped me during my darkest time.” Tiffany said with an upset look on her face.

“Tell me more. I want to know how it happened. Only if you are comfortable of course.” Taeyeon said as she held on Tiffany’s hand, lending her some of her strength.

“It was around two years ago. As you know fame really got to me. It ruined me in the worse way. My addiction with drinking and drugs just got out of control. I was out partying every night. I was high most of the time during those nights I was sleeping around. All I know is, one day the result came back positive. I don't even know who the father is." Tiffany said with teary eyes.

“If I were to tell you honestly, there are a lot of bad choices that I made that I regret but one thing I don’t was having Miyeon. She’s one of the few things in my life that I am proud of. She’s just so amazing you know. I got into rehab while I was carrying her to ensure that my addiction does not kill her. I also recovered from my addictions from then on. She’s really my small miracle.” Tiffany said proudly.

“Did you get inspired by our ship name ? Why is her name Miyeon?” Taeyeon asked curiously upon hearing their ship name.

“ I actually wanted to name her Taeyeon because she reminds me so much of you but I realised that you always want to to be my one and only Taetae which means you would obviously not like that. She’s actually very similar to you. She’s quiet and calm like you. She didn’t cry when she was born. She just looked at me with her calm eyes and slept. Such an angle.” Tiffany said proudly.

“Imagine you my name which happens to be your child’s name. That’s really weird. Good thing you didn’t when through with it.” Taeyeon said playfully.

“How did you manage to hide her so well? I never heard of this and not even rumours.” Taeyeon asked.

“My team kept everything under wraps and I was mostly at home during the pregnancy. We tend to go private places where no one can recognise us. My dad is basically her guardian at this point as he is helping me raise her while I am busy at work.” Tiffany said feeling apologetic to her daughter.

“Hey, it’s okay. I know you are trying your best right now and that’s all that matters.” Taeyeon said as she kissed the latter’s temple.

“Thank you Taeyeon for understanding me.” Tiffany said sincerely as she was held by Taeyeon.

“I know that this is fast but can I be apart of Miyeon’s life as her mom now?” Taeyeon asked which gained a smile from Tiffany. She knew that Taeyeon dislike kids but she was trying to win Tiffany’s heart and that really touched her heart.

“ I would love that! You are amazing! I love you so much !” Tiffany said as she attacked Taeyeon with light kisses all over her face and lips.

“I love you more!” Taeyeon with a smile.