Chapter 12

Do I wanna know ?

Chapter 12

The flight to Los Angeles was smooth with no turbulence. Taeyeon watch a movie while on the flight meanwhile Tiffany slept through the flight as she had limited time to sleep the past week due to her hectic schedule finishing her album. Taeyeon gladly played her role as a human pillow as they were on the flight.

“We will be landing shortly. Please put on your seatbelts.” The steward informed the passengers.

“Fany, we are landing. Wake up.” Taeyeon said to Tiffany who was sleeping on her shoulder as she tapped her lightly. Tiffany stirred shortly and stretched her body.

“Did you sleep at all ?” Tiffany asked as she yawned.

“I did for a while.” Taeyeon answered.

“Arraso.”

“Is your driver pick us up ?” Taeyeon asked curiously.

“No, I parked my car here so we are driving.”

“Okay then. Looks like I’m going to break my back carrying your bags.” Taeyeon said jokingly which earned a light slap from Tiffany.

“I’m sure Miyeon is excited to see you. Appa is excited too. It’s been a while since you guys saw each other.”

“Is your dad cool with us dating ?” Taeyeon asked nervously. Obviously they got along however, you never know when a man would change his mind.

“Are you kidding ? Of course he is. He has been telling me to find someone like you to settle down with. He likes you Taetae. So don’t worry about it.” Tiffany assured Taeyeon.

“So did you tell him yet?” Taeyeon asked.

“Not in detail but I think he knows.” Taeyeon gulped at the reply as her mind wander towards the worst case scenario between Tiffany’s dad that includes being kicked out of the house and to stay awau from Tiffany.

“Don’t be so dramatic. My dad is not part of a mob.” Tiffany assured her as if reading her mind.

“Don’t pounder too much on it. You are going to be fine. Now, let’s go!” Tiffany said as she stretched out her hand and hold Taeyeon’s hand to pull her up and soon they exited the plane to get their luggage.

“Welcome home honey!” The elderly man welcomed Tiffany home warmly before engulfing the latter in a long hug.

“I missed you dad” Tiffany said as she hugged her father.

“It’s been so long since I last saw you Taeyeon. You have gotten prettier.” He said as he also welcomed her with a hug which Taeyeon reciprocate.

“Let’s get inside!” He said as he welcomed them into his humble home.

“Miyeon-ah, I missed you so much!” Tiffany said as she pulled the todler into a tight hug.

“There is someone I would like you to meet. This is Taeyeon. You can call her Taetae.” She told her 2 year old daugther who was obviously not paying attention to the latter but instead focused her eye on what the latter was holding.

“Hai Miyeon ah, Taetae got you some gummies. I heard from your mom that you love it.” Which earned a nod from the todler as Taeyeon said while showing the tolder the pack of gummies she prepared.

“Would you like to have some?” Taeyeon asked as she open the pack which the todler nodded to before she passed the gummy to the latter.

“Thank you for the treat Taetae.” Miyeon said as she bowed like the polite child she is.

“I bet you guys are starving. I prepared some korean food for you as I heard from Tiffany that you dislike American food.” Tiffany’s dad interrupted.

“ Ah-yes! That is very kind of you uncle.” Taeyeon said shyly thinking how much Tiffany must have been talking to her dad about her for her dad to know so much.

“Don’t call me that silly! Call me Dad. I heard our Fany here has been calling your parents umma and appa as well right ?”

“Ah-yes! They consider her their daughters at this point.” Taeyeon said proudly as she sat next to Tiffany at the dinning table as Mieyeon was seated next to Tiffany in a baby chair.

“That’s great! Thank you for taking care of my daughter while I was not around.”

“Of course! She takes good care of me too.” Taeyeon said while looking at Tiffany with a sweet smile.

“I’m glad that my baby girl here has finally landed someone nice. I hope you can treat her well Taeyeon.” Mr Hwang said as he look at his daughter with a proud look before looking at Taeyeon with a sincere smile.

“Please don’t worry sir. I will take good care of Tiffany and Miyeon to my best abilities.” Taeyeon assured.

“I look forward to seeing you around more often Taeyeon. But if you ever hurt my daughter, just know that I won’t sit still.” He said with a serious look which earned a gulp from the latter.

“Understood sir.” Taeyeon said with a nervous look.

“Dad you are scarring her.” Tiffany finally intervenes.

“Okay ! Okay ! Enough with the serious talk. Help yourself. I will be at the hall. There is some baseball game I want to catch up with.” He said before disappearing from their sight.

“See that wasn’t so bad.” Tiffany said.

“That was way different from what I expected.”

“ I told you my dad would love you. How can he not love you when you are so nice and lovable ?” Tiffany said as she gave Taeyeon a kiss on the cheek.

“Thank you for bringing me here. I appreciate it.” Taeyeon said with a thankful smile.

“Anytime boo! Just treat this house as yours okay?” Tiffany said with a wink.

“Okay..” Taeyeon replied.

“Taeyeon-ah, can you help me get a towel for Miyeon ?” Taeyeon heard Tiffany screamed from the bathroom as she just finished cleaning the kitchen. Tiffany offered to clean the dining table but being the gentle woman she is, she offered to do everything and told Tiffany to prepare Miyeon for bed

“Where is it?” Taeyeon asked as she entered Miyeon’s room and searched for tue towel.

“In the first drawer from the left.” Tiffany said pointing at one of the cabinets in the room. Taeyeon rushed to get the towel and pass it to Tiffany.

“Would you like some help?” Taeyeon offered herself.

“ I have been trying to get her to step out the bathtub but she won’t do as I say. Seem like my little baby is getting naughtier.” She said as she pinched the toddlers nose.

“Come on now Miyeon. I got you some toys but I can only give it to you if you get out of the tub and dress up for bed.” Taeyeon commended which successfully made Miyeon step out of the tub.

Taeyeon took the towel from Tiffany’s hand and dried the latter up like it was her second nature. Taeyeon looked so professional that Tiffany was in awe. She had never seen this side of Taeyeon and she was definitely pleased. She also can’t believe that her stubborn daughter listens to Taeyeon so well although the toys played a big part. Still it amaze her how natural Taeyeon’s tone and command was to her daughter.

“Can you show Taetae where is your pyjamas ?” Taeyeon asked the toddler which the latter pointed at one of the cabinet.

“Do you want to wear this one?” Taeyeon showed little Miyeon a dinosaur print pyjamas which the latter nodded to.

“Let me help you put it on.” Taeyeon said as she put on the pyjamas on the latter.

“There you go! Our Miyeon looks so good.” Taeyeon complimented the child with a sweet smile as she finish combing her hair.

“Would you like to go to Mom’s room to see what toys I got for you?” Taeyeon asked which got another nod from the latter before she held on Taeyeon’s hand leading her out of the room.

Tiffany was still in awe looking at the two’s interaction. It took her so long to be comfortable with her own child and being a mother but Taeyeon was flawlessly doing it better than she is on her first day.

“Fany-ah, would you like to join us and see what I got for Miyeon?” Taeyeon asked the latter which snapped her out of her daze.

“You guys go on first. I will follow later on.” Tiffany replied.

“Okay then. See you upstairs.” Taeyeon said as she let Miyeon lead the way to tue bedroom upstairs.

Tiffany was stuck in a daze even after the two left. She was beyond weirded out by how good Taeyeon was with Miyeon. She expected the latter to be cold and off putting with her child given that Taeyeon hates kids. She was definitely prepared for that and vowed to herself not to get offended as Taeyeon is that reserve and shy even with children sometimes. However, what happened just now was the opposite then what she expected. It wad like Taeyeon had many children and this was her 8th child given the professionalism she showed. Heck, she wasn’t even clumsy like how she was when she first had Miyeon. Never did she expect ‘good with kids’ to be on Taeyeon’s pro list. At this point, it seems like there is no weakness to the latter.

“Umma look at what Taetae got me.” Miyeon showed Tiffany a limited edition asian barbie doll that looks similar to Miyeon.

“Wow you mist have spent a lot for this.” Tiffany noted as she examine the doll.

“Ah aniya” Taeyeon said with a sheep-less smile.

“Miyeon ah did you say thank you to Taetae?” Tiffany reminded her young child.

“Thank you Taetae!” The kid said with a cute smile that showed her dimples.

“You’re welcome! Ah ! I also got you some story books. Would you like for me to read them before you go to bed?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yes! Yes!” Miyeon said excitedly while jumping.

“Miyeon ah can you go to grandpa? Mom and Taetae would like to freshen up first.” Tiffany said as she eyed Taeyeon strangely with a serious face.

“Wae? Did I do something wrong?” Taeyeon asked in panic as soon as Miyeon was out of sight.

“Ani, you are doing things exceptionally well that it is rather annoying and questionable. I thought you told me you hate kids. Since when are you good with them?” Tiffany asked as she was sure that she never seen Taeyeon play with kids, in-fact not even with her cousins.

“How can I hate your child fany? I don’t hate kids, i’m just not particularly fond with them but Miyeon is an exception. She seems like a nice girl. She looks so much like you when you were younger.” Taeyeon said with a smile.

“Still doesn’t explain how you got better with kids out of the blue. You can’t be the same person that dropped her nephew 6 years ago.”

“Yah why bring that accident up?!” Taeyeon said embarrassed.

“Explain yourself Kim! What kind of sorcery is this?”

“Fine! Fine! I took classes.” Taeyeon mumbled in defeat which earned her a laugh.

“Yah when ? Why didn’t I know this ? You took classes just to see Miyeon?” Tiffany asked as she laughed hysterically.

“Starting from the time you told me about her.I admit my lack of skills okay so I took classes with the best parent trainer in Seoul.” Tiffany stopped laughing as she saw Taeyeon’s embarrassed face.

“Awww…baby that was so sweet of you.” Tiffany said as she encircle her arms around the latter and gave her a sweet kiss on the lips before saying “thank you for trying so hard for me and Miyeon.”

“Not gonna lie, you kinda with your parental skills.” Tiffany said aiming Taeyeon’s neck.

“Agh…”’ Taeyeon moaned slightly as Tiffany on her sensitive spot.

“Fany, I think Miyeon is waiting for us downstairs.” Taeyeon said as she pushed Tiffany slightly away from her neck.

“I’m sure Miyeon can wait.” Tiffany said as she locked the door.