Chapter 4

Do I wanna know ?

Chapter 4:

“Uh...I feel like .” Taeyeon said as she held her throbbing head. She felt like a lorry just hit her right in the head.

“I must have drunk way too much yesterday.” She added. She was still drowsy as she looked down upon her chest only to be welcomed by her .

‘Wait, why am I ?’

She looked to her side and saw a Tiffany sleeping soundly next to her.

“Ah!” Taeyeon shrieked which woke Tiffany up.

“Wae?!” Tiffany said in her annoyed and grumpy tone.

“Why are we both and what are you doing in my bed? Did something happen last night?” Taeyeon asked panicked.

“Do you really not remember?” She asked, still annoyed by Taeyeon.

“Wake up and tell me what happened.” She shook Tiffany and forced her to sit down.

“Yuri called me because the drunk you wanted to see me. Then, after she left, you jumped on me out of nowhere and kissed me and I think you can guess what happen next.” Tiffany explain briefly.

“Now leave me alone. I want to sleep. You went 5 rounds on me non-stop and I need my precious sleep.” Tiffany added before she pulls on the covers.

‘Omo, five rounds. That’s impressive.’ Taeyeon thought to herself.

“Taeyeon ah!” Yuri said as she opened the door. Taeyeon pulled the covers to cover herself.

“Get the out Kwon Yuri!” Taeyeon said as a reflex.

“Holy what the is going on?” Yuri said.

“Out now!” Taeyeon screamed again.

“Hwang Miyoung get dressed now. We need to talk.” Taeyeon ordered.

“Fine!” Tiffany said angrily as she sulks away. She stood up and walked around the room in her glory. Her body was covered in bruises and love bites that looked horrible.

‘, I did that.’ Taeyeon thought to herself as she looked at her creation.

“Cover yourself. Why are you walking around ?” Taeyeon complained.

“What’s the matter? You already saw everything yesterday.” She answered nonchalantly, unbothered of her state.

“But still” Taeyeon tried to look at anything except for the attraction that was standing in the middle of the room.

“Why? Does seeing me makes you nervous still?” Tiffany said as she came closer to Taeyeon who was seated on the bed. Taeyeon was flustered from the close view of Tiffany’s bare so close to her face.

“What do you even mean nervous? I’m totally fine. Your body is not even that pretty.” Taeyeon said as she spaced herself from Tiffany.

“Yeah your rosy cheeks totally supports your statement.” She said as she walked to the bathroom. Taeyeon let out a breath that she unknowingly held the moment Tiffany was no longer in view. Taeyeon rushed to put her clothes on since Yuri was waiting outside.

“So, have you settled it out with her? Are you two dating officially now?” Yuri asked.

“I can’t remember a thing to be honest. I think it’s better for you to leave. I need to sort things out.” Taeyeon looked at her apologetically.

“Oh sure. I’ll be out after I see Tiffany.” Yuri said as she waited for Tiffany to show up. After a few minutes Tiffany came out with an oversized shirt and underwear.

“Taetae, have you seen my pants? Or maybe can I have yours?” She looked at Taeyeon expectedly. Taeyeon turned to Yuri and saw her with her jaw open wide as she was staring at Tiffany’s fine .

“Yah, watch where your eyes are going.” She said before hitting Yuri’s head.

“You guys aren’t even married and yet you are already this possessive.” Yuri said.

“Follow me.” Taeyeon said to Tiffany as she went inside her closet and pass Tiffany a decent short.

“Tiff, nice by the way.” Yuri said before leaving as quick as she could to avoid Taeyeon’s wrath.

“Thanks!” Tiffany said to Yuri.

‘What is she even doing?’ Taeyeon felt an unexplained anger growing from the inside of her heart.

“Why are you glaring at me?” Tiffany asked the grumpy Taeyeon.

“Thanks? Seriously?” Taeyeon scoffed.

“I tried out this new exercise on my to make it firmer and hearing that from Yuri helps me gain input on how my looks.” Tiffany said before landing her body on Taeyeon’s couch. Taeyeon just scoffed in response as she sat next to Tiffany.

“We need to talk.” Taeyeon said in a serious tone.

“Go on.”

“Why did you kiss me at the club?” Taeyeon asked Tiffany the question that was bugging her the whole time.

“Because my heart told me to.”

“You were drunk.” Taeyeon argued back.

“Alcohol just gave me the courage I lacked. Plus, I’m a good drinker unlike you. You kissed me back didn’t you so don’t you dare blame It solely on me.”

“Do you like me?” Taeyeon went straight to the point.

‘ that’s coming too strong’ Taeyeon regretted her question right away.

“Don’t you think we are way past that? Kim Taeyeon we are almost 30, do you think liking each other is important at this age?”

“Then what do you expect for me to do? You suddenly drop several bombs on me and expect me to have the answer right away.” Taeyeon slightly raised her tone.

“I expect for you to consider the idea of being married to me.” Tiffany answered calmly.

“Give me three good reason why we should get married.” Taeyeon.

“First of all, you care about me the most. Secondly, I don’t have time to get to know someone else and you know me best. Thirdly, I know by heart that you won’t cheat or hurt me.”

“There are so many other people that care about you. Secondly, you don’t have to rush to get to know someone and there are many other loyal people out there. Why does it have to be me?” Taeyeon argued back.

“Are you seriously saying that after what have happened last night? Do you think I would just let anyone touch me like that? What do you take me as Kim Taeyeon?” Tiffany got mad over Taeyeon’s words because she was acting so immature.

“It’s not like that. Why can’t you try to understand things from my perspective? My best friend wants to me marry me out of nowhere and then suddenly we kissed and had . This is too much information for me to take in.” Taeyeon tried to explain herself. Tiffany was still silent after Taeyeon finished her speech and she knew Tiffany was mad at her still.

“Please say something.” Taeyeon hated how the air became thick and stagnant around them.

“Why are you so against marry me?” Tiffany looked straight into Taeyeon’s eyes. Taeyeon gulped nervously because there was something in Tiffany’s eyes that was unreadable.

“Firstly, if we don’t work out it would ruin us and you know how much I value marriage. I want to have a happy and lasting marriage like my parents. Secondly, we both are too busy with our lives, it would be hard for us to work on our relationship. Thirdly, I don’t ever want to lose you.” Taeyeon answered sincerely looking straight into TIffany’s eyes. Tiffany finally understood Taeyeon’s perspective based on her explanation and that gave her relief.

“Can’t you try to put some faith in us? Our marriage might be different than your parents but I’m sure that it’s going to be special in our own way. I’m willing to change things to make us work. So, can you please give us a chance?” Tiffany pleaded. Taeyeon’s heart melted the moment she saw Tiffany’s pleading face.

‘How can I say no to that face?’ Taeyeon thought in defeat.

“I have a few conditions; would you be okay with that?” Taeyeon asked.

“What is it?” Tiffany look at Taeyeon expectedly.

“Firstly, I want us to try dating each other for 3 months, if you are both comfortable with it then we will get married.” Taeyeon looked at Tiffany’s face to see her reaction and Tiffany seem relaxed over the condition and she was secretly relieved.

“Secondly, I don’t want us to rush things so I want to take things slow.” She added.

“After seeing all the hickeys, you left on me; I would like that too.” Tiffany said which made Taeyeon blush.

“Lastly, during the 3 months, I want you to retire from work.” Taeyeon realise that the third rule was a rule breaker for Tiffany but she had to make sure that Tiffany was serious about them.

“Let me think about the third one.” Tiffany said which Taeyeon just nod in agreement.

“I need to get ready for work. Do you need a lift?” Taeyeon asked Tiffany that was lost in her thoughts.

“I’ll just call my manager.”

“Okay then.” Taeyeon went on to take a shower ignoring a certain jealousy in her heart.

However, it bothered her how she was suddenly frowning over the idea of Tiffany and her manager.

‘They seem awfully close. She is always calling him when she is in trouble or when she is lonely.’

Taeyeon knew how ridiculous she is sounding at the moment but she can’t help but feel a certain type of insecurity now that there is a possibility of them getting married. She felt more possessive now that Tiffany might be hers.

Taeyeon got out of the shower and saw Tiffany talking on the phone.

“Dae oppa”

“Stop teasing me about that. Just come faster and pick me up.” Tiffany was grinning like a fool while talking on the phone.

‘Why is she talking so intimately with that guy?’ Taeyeon thought salty.

“Who was that?” Taeyeon asked trying to sound unbothered but failed miserably.

“Yunho oppa, my manager. He is on the way to pick me up.” Tiffany answered cheerfully.

‘Why is she suddenly so cheerful after talking to him? She is not that cheerful talking to me.’ Taeyeon thought bitterly as she watches Tiffany humming around the house as she was arranging the living room.

Taeyeon just glared at Tiffany silently as Tiffany was moving around the house. As she was busy glaring at her possible girlfriend, she realised that Tiffany had professionally covered all of the hickeys she left on her last night and made her frown more. Her heart was slowly burning but she could not say anything about it without sounding unreasonable.

“Aren’t you going to work?” Tiffany asked Taeyeon.

“Stop chasing me out of my own house!” Taeyeon said while sulking.

“Calm down, I was just asking.”

“Am I going to see you tonight?” Taeyeon asked.

“I might have something to do. I’ll ask Yunho oppa about it. Don’t worry I will inform you later in the evening.”

‘What does she keep on saying that bastard’s name?’ Taeyeon thought angrily.

“Forget it! Let’s not see each other tonight.”

“Fine by me.” Tiffany answered unbothered.

“I’m leaving. Don’t forget to lock the doors.” Taeyeon informed Tiffany.

“Okay Taetae. Bye!” Tiffany said as she waved Taeyeon goodbye. Taeyeon just rolled her eyes in response.

‘Why is she always so moody in the morning?’ Tiffany thought to herself, unknown to her that Taeyeon was secretly jealous. She was used to handling a moody Taeyeon. Taeyeon was a mixture of a baby, emo teenager and also a mature adult. It is hard to handle her sometimes but she knows that Taeyeon is a good-hearted person.

Taeyeon’s heart was still uneasy as she got down to the basement to get her car. Her mind was in a daze as she was driving her car out the parking lot. As she was driving around her apartment, she saw Tiffany’s van on the side of the road. From a far she looked at how giddy Tiffany was as she waved to her driver/manager in the van before getting in.

‘Why is she so smiley with him?’ She thought as she fumed in anger.

She stayed put until she saw Tiffany’s van drove away before making her journey to her office, frowning.

 

Meanwhile Tiffany was on her way to the company, she knew that she had no choice but to retire from work for the next 3 months in order to show Taeyeon her commitment in them but she also had to consider how it would affect her career and her relationship with her company.

“Are you sure you want to take a break? Your career is taking off at the moment, you might lose fame and lots of opportunity if you chose to take a break.” Yunho, her manager asked her.

“I’m sure my true fans would wait for me patiently.” She said as she looked out the car window.

“I’m not sure how Mr.Seo would react to this but I hope he would respect your decision. Just be ready to face whatever comes your way.” He warned her which she just hummed in response.

As soon as when she reached the company’s building, she felt her heartbeat increasing. Her hands were getting sweaty and she was getting more and more nervous as she approaches her CEO’s office. She was starting to doubt her choice but she knew she had no choice. She had to do it for the greater good, her future with Taeyeon she hoped.

“How are you Mr. Seo?” She asked as she bowed.

“I’m good. What brings you here? Is there any problem?” He went straight to the point.

“I’m here to talk about my tour schedule.”

“Is there a problem? Are you sick anywhere?” He asked worried, despite his strong image, he was a kind hearted and caring man.

“No, it’s not that. I just want to postpone my tour because I want to focus on my personal life at the moment.”

“How further back are we talking about?”

“3-4 months”

“We have already booked the venue. There might be some issues cancelling the event, we might suffer some lost. Are you willing to take responsibility on that?”

“I will take responsibility over that if needed.”

“Okay then. We will announce the news tonight. We will try to settle it out for you.”

“Thank you Mr.Seo. I would be taking my leave now.” She bowed before taking her leave.

“Wait Tiffany!” He said before Tiffany took her leave.

“What is it?” She asked. He was reluctant to ask but his caring nature made him ask anyway.

“Are you by any chance getting into rehab again?”

“Rest assured, I am not. Don’t worry too much about me. I am fine.” She flashed a sincere smile before heading out. He sighs in relief in response.

Tiffany knew she had to give Taeyeon her answer soon but she also knew that she needs more time to adjust her schedule. She could not give Taeyeon her answer until her company gave her the green light on her break. She didn’t want to give Taeyeon fake hope.

“What’s next on my schedule?” Tiffany asked her manager as they were walking out the building.

“You have your album recording until midnight.” Yunho informed her.

‘Looks like I can’t have dinner with Taeyeon tonight.’ Tiffany thought slightly upset.

“Let’s get going then.” Tiffany said as she made her way to her next schedule.

 

Taeyeon reached her office just in time for her next meeting. She was agitated and it was obvious from the way she slam the door as she walk in.

“Good morning Miss Kim. You are just in time for your next meeting. Our client is waiting in the conference room.” Her secretary, Hyeri informed her.

“Prepare my documents. I want this meeting to be short.” Taeyeon said as she made her way into the conference room.

The meeting ended swiftly within 30 minutes where both parties agreed to sign the contract and Taeyeon was relieved. She just wants to finish her work as soon as possible so she could have time to think about her personal problems.

She went straight to her office after the meeting. Just as she was about to turn on her laptop and start working, a text entered her phone.

FROM: FANY PRINCESS

‘I don’t think I can see you tonight. I have a recording until midnight. 🙁’

TO: FANY PRINCESS

‘I wasn’t even hoping to see you tonight. *MERONG*

FROM: FANY PRINCESS

‘Well okay then. Enjoy your work. 🙁’

TO: FANY PRINCESS

‘What’s with the sad emoji?’

FROM: FANY PRINCESS

‘I don’t get to see my Taetae ☹️'

TO:FANY PRINCESS

‘You just saw me this morning. Stop being such a baby. I need to focus on my work now. Bye’

FROM: FANY PRINCESS

‘It’s my right to miss someone or not!!! *Merong*

 

“Go and enjoy your day with Yunho oppa” Taeyeon said sarcastically to no one as she ignored the message and continue her work.

It was 8pm when she finally finished her work. It was normal for her to finish more late than other people because she is a work aholic. Her stomuch grumbbled as she made her way out the office.

“Oh I forgot to eat the whole day” Taeyeon facepalmed herself over her for forgetfulness.

“I wonder if Tiffany is done with her work. Maybe I should just call her.” Taeyeon talked to herself before calling Tiffany.

“Hey Boo!” Tiffany said enthusiastically on the line.

“Fany-ah, are you done with recording?”

“No, I’m still not done. We are probably finishing by midnight.”

“Don’t forget to take dinner.”

“I bet you haven’t eaten hence why you are calling me.”

“True, I haven’t ate the whole day actually. I’m starving.”

“Yah Kim Taeyeon! Do you want to get smacked ?” Tiffany scolded over the line.

“I forgot. Sorry”

“Fany ah not too hard” Taeyeon heard a man’s voice over the line.

“Aish oppa be quiet!” Tiffany said to the unknown man.

“Anyways, make sure you take your gastric medication before eating dinner. I have to go now. Bye Taetae!” She said as she hang up right away before hearing Taeyeon’s reply.

“What is this up to? Why is there a man near her? Aish I need to go see what is going on!” Taeyeon said before she floors the pedal to go to Tiffany’s recording studio.

Meanwhile on the other side, Tiffany was busy massaging her manager because he hurt his back. Tiffany had always been a sweet girl so things like helping out a friend has always been one of her habits.

“Oppa you need to stop like that” Tiffany scolded Yunho.

“I can’t help it; your hands are too good.” He said with a wink.

“You are so disgusting sometimes.” Tiffany said as she rolled her eyes and continued massaging his back.

As they were busy preparing for the next recording, they heard a loud commotion outside the door.

Suddenly, a female wearing a mask entered the room. Her hands were filled with bags of food.

“Is everyone in this building my fan? I’m not even an idol. What’s wrong with these kids?” Taeyeon said as she put the food down.

“Kim Taeyeon why are you here?” Tiffany asked.

“Tsk, so much for missing me.” Taeyeon said as she pouted.

I don’t mean it like that. I’m just shocked that’s all. What did you get for us?”

“Tteokbokki and some pizza.”

“That’s such a bad combination Taetae.” Tiffany said teasing Taeyeon.

“I’m catering to both cultures here. It’s called being caring.”

“Dae Miss Kim” Tiffany said before taking a slice of Pizza.

“I knew you would take the pizza.” Taeyeon said as she ate her tteokbokki.

“Yunho oppa come and join us! Taetae brought your favourite pizza.” Tiffany said enthusiastically.

Taeyeon just slightly glared at that latter as he devoured his pizza sensually. He was while he ate the damn pizza.

‘Wait, that sounds familiar. It can’t be. Omg it was him.’ Taeyeon finally figure out whose voice it was on the line just now.

“Yah you!” Taeyeon pointed at Yunho dramatically.

“Why were you just now while Tiffany was talking on the phone with me? What is going on between the two of you?” Taeyeon pointed to the both of them dramatically.

“Hahaha” Yunho laughed out loud while Tiffany joined soon after.

“Why are you two laughing?” Taeyeon asked offended.

“I just find it funny how jealous you are over Tiffany. She was just massaging me, no big deal Miss Kim.” He explained himself. Taeyeon just look at him suspiciously.

“If it makes you feel better, I am gay. I don’t see Tiffany in a romantic way so don’t worry. I won’t snatch Tiffany away from you.” He added as he pat her back.

“Aww my babe is jealous” Tiffany said as she pinches both of her cheeks.

“Yah! Get your hands off me. I am not your baby” Taeyeon said as she pushed Tiffany’s hands away.

“Yet” she added once more.

“Yunho oppa, Taeyeon needs a grand event to ask her to be my girlfriend. Put that in my to-do list.”

“Noted.” Yunho played along as Taeyeon just glared at both of them.

“Anyways, when will you be done?” Taeyeon asked.

“We are almost done. I think we need around 2 hours before the song is complete.” Tiffany informed.

“You can go home first if you are tried.” Tiffany added.

“Who ever said i’m staying?” Taeyeon said.

“Do whatever you want Miss Kim. I am going back to work. Bye” Tiffany said as she left Taeyeon behind.

‘What an ungrateful . I can’t believe I am even considering marriage with her. What if our kids turn out to be as y as her?’ Taeyeon shudders over that thought.

Taeyeon saw a sofa nearby and decided to sleep while waiting for Tiffany. Yes, she did say she won’t wait but what comes out of Taeyeon’s mouth is usually the opposite of what she would do, most of the time.

“I knew that you would wait for me!” Tiffany said from the studio.

“Oh shut up Tiffany! You told me I can do whatever I want so I am exercising that right.” Taeyeon replied.

It only took Taeyeon less than 10 minutes to fall asleep. Taeyeon was already snoring by the time Tiffany was done with her recording. Tiffany decided to play a prank on Taeyeon just for fun. She had always been a prankster since her teenage years and it has been ages since she last played a prank on Taeyeon.

She decided to take her hair and disturb Taeyeon’s nose to wake her up. On top of that, she played and eerie background music to make Taeyeon scared.

Taeyeon exhale loudly as she felt Tiffany play with her nose.

“Wake up Taeyeon…I am here to take your soul” Tiffany said in a scary voice.

“Is my heart not enough for you that you have to take my soul?” Taeyeon said while pouting. Tiffany blushed at her statement because Taeyeon was somehow confessing how she feels.

“Tiffany we are almost 30. Do you think I am still scared of ghosts at this age?” Taeyeon said as she laughed.

“It worked on you the last time.”

“Yeah like 10 years ago. Help me get up will ya?” Taeyeon said as she extended her hand for Tiffany to pull.

“You are only 29 and yet your body is already like you are in your fifties.” Tiffany said as she helped her up.

“This same body went 5 rounds on you. Try again Miss Hwang” Taeyeon said.

“Whatever Kim. It was the red-bull and beer doing its magic on you.”

They walk side by side to Taeyeon’s car but suddenly they heard a camera clicking out of nowhere.

“What was that?” Taeyeon asked.

“I think it was a camera.”

“Being a celebrity couple is so burdensome.” Taeyeon said as she just ignored the camera and went inside her car.

‘Wait did she say couple?’ Tiffany thought as she blushed.