Chapter 16

Do I wanna know ?

Chapter 16

Mr.Kim was in the middle of a meeting with his investors when Taeyeon barged into his study room.

“Father, we need to talk.” Taeyeon said politely despite her burning heart.

“I heard about your engagement. Congratulations!” Mr. Sim said to Taeyeon.

“Thank you.” Taeyeon replied with a fake smile.

“What’s the matter?” Taeyeon’s father asked.

“I rather speak privately with you father. I hope you don’t mind Mr. Sim and Mr. Leo.”

“Go ahead. We don’t mind waiting.” The two guest continue to chat between them as Mr. Kim followed Taeyeon to another area in the house.

“What the matter Tae?” Her father asked her curiously.

“Sunmi told me everything. I’m giving you this chance to explain yourself. Why did you do that?” Taeyeon said calmly.

“I did it for your own good Taeyeon. Those women were not good for you.”

“Who are you to decide that? I should be given the chance to decide whether they were good for me or not.” Taeyeon said angrily. Her father went silent.

“Was Tiffany involved from the start?” Taeyeon further asked.

“It was my fault. I was the one who instructed her to.” Her father said taking all the blame.

“Why did you do it dad? I never expected this from you at all. I can’t even express how much I truly am disappointed in you.”

“There is something I need to show you.”

Her father led her to his bedroom and asked her to sit down on his bed. Her father then went ahead to take a file that was placed on his shelf. It was fairy dusty, showing that it was untouched for long. He dusted the file and inside the file contained a letter. He handed the letter to Taeyeon.

“What’s this?” Taeyeon asked curiously.

“Just read it.”

The letter reads:

‘Dear Taeyeon,

I am Hwang Mi Young’s mother. I know you must not have remembered much about me. I am sure that by the time you read this letter, if you ever come across it ever, that it would be many years since I died. I know you don’t know me personally but I have seen you since you were a child. How you have always loved and took care of my Mi young even when you yourself was a child. I am thankful that Mi-young have met someone so sweet and loving as you. I might not be able to be there to see my daugther grow up but atleast I am glad that there is you and your family to look over her. I know what I am about to request to you might be too much. However, it would give me a peace of mind if you do accept my final request. I know by heart that there is no one more capable to take care of my Mi young other than you. Therefore, I would like to request that you will take care of her forever and be her partner for life.

                                                                                                            Love, Mrs. Hwang’

“Does Tiffany know about this?” Taeyeon asked her father.

“I never told her about her mother’s dying wish. Her mother wish to keep it a secret from her and I hope you do the same.” Taeyeon just nodded silently.

“I know that I shouldn’t have meddle with your life like that. I should have told you sooner. I personally thought that in the end you and Tiffany would find your way to each other. I wanted the marriage between the both of you to be genuine. Now, I realise how I was wrong to have done that. I shouldn’t have meddle into your love life. Getting Tiffany involved was also wrong on my part. Can you forgive me?” Her father pleaded but the latter just stayed silent.

“I know that this is too much to accept at the moment. However, I hope you take in everything with an open heart.”

“Just give me some time.” Taeyeon said earning a pat on her back before her father went back to his friends.

Taeyeon’s head was filled with confusion. She is unsure of what to do with the information she just received. She would be lying if she say that she no longer have feelings for her old lover, Sunmi but she know that those feelings are nothing compared to her feelings for Tiffany now.

However, she can’t deny the feeling of betrayal she felt from her father and Tiffany’s actions. It was too much. She doesn’t want to resent Tiffany for lying to her all these time but somehow deep inside she was feeling that resentment building up.

Taeyeon was conflicted both emotionally and mentally. She never thought that her bestfriend would lie to her like that. How could someone ruin her relationship and come comfort her the next. It made her wonder how much of Tiffany was truly real and how much was faked. To add on to that, she was no longer sure whether her attraction towards Tiffany was something genuine and not something made up by their parents. She is not even sure if she has the capacity to face Tiffany just yet. She also can’t deny the temptation to go to Sunmi’s hotel room just to listen to her side of the story. However, that would be adding more salt to the wound. It’s not like she could bail out of her engagement with Tiffany now that she knew the truth. With a heavy heart and mind, she slowly drift into dreamland.