Chapter 2

Do I wanna know ?

Chapter 2:

Taeyeon stirred by the sound of Tiffany’s loud footsteps. The moment she opened her eyes, she was welcomed by the sight of Tiffany running all over the deck in a rush.

“What time is it?” Taeyeon said sleepily searching for her phone.

“It’s still early. Go back to sleep.” Tiffany answered still searching around.

“How can I when an elephant is stomping her feet? Going somewhere?”

“I have an emergency meeting at my company. Sorry, I can’t spend time with you.”

“Am I going to see you tomorrow?” Taeyeon cringe at how clingy she sounded but still ignored the feeling.

“Sorry I have to work on my new single for the rest of my stay. After that, I have to go back touring.” Tiffany looked at Taeyeon apologetically.

“Which means it would be months till I get to see you again. Its okay then. Do you want me to drive you?” Taeyeon tried to hide her disappointment.

“It’s okay. My driver is already here. I’m going.” Tiffany hurriedly run out of the yacht.

“Thank you for yesterday” She said before waving goodbye. Taeyeon never got the chance to say anything back before she saw Tiffany’s figure disappearing from her sight.

‘That’s what I get for being a superstar’s BFF’ Taeyeon thought to herself before falling asleep again.

It has always been like that between them. They barely have time for each other, no matter how much they try. Whenever Tiffany is free, Taeyeon is not and vice versa. Although it did put a strain on their relationship, they tried their best to keep their friendship.

Taeyeon woke up that afternoon. She took 3 days off from work just to spend time with Tiffany. However, since Tiffany was suddenly busy, she had to think of what to do with her free time. Taeyeon drove back to her house.

 

“Tippani!” Yuri shouted the moment Taeyeon opened the door.

“Ah! You shocked me. Didn’t I tell you to go home yesterday?” Taeyeon scowled.

“Yah your house is so big with many rooms is it bad that I want to stay over. Where’s Tiffany? I thought she was with you.”

“There was an emergency meeting at her company so she had to leave.”

“No wonder you are so moody. Cheer up Taeyeonie you have your beautiful and y cousin to accompany you.” Yuri said as she trailed behind Taeyeon.

“I’m going back to the company. Might as well take this time to work instead.”

“Come on Taeyeon let’s go watch a movie or something. It’s been awhile since we spend time together.” Yuri pouted like a cute puppy hoping to win Taeyeon with her antics.

“Fine but just for today. I’m going back to work tomorrow”

Taeyeon and Yuri decided to watch a movie at a mall nearby Taeyeon’s home. As they were walking out the mall, they saw a man walking by a girl.

“Taeyeon isn’t that Nickhun ?” Yuri said while pointing towards the man.

“Yeah that’s him.” I said confirming Yuri’s doubts.

Nickhun was Tiffany’s current boyfriend. A rising actor. They have been seeing each other for 1 year now. However, Tiffany barely had time for him.

“What is he doing with that girl?”

“They could just be friends. Let’s not jump into conclusion.” Taeyeon argued.

They kept on looking at the pair until she saw Nickhun lean in to kiss the girl.

“That’s it. We are intervening.” Taeyeon pulled Yuri along with her to confront him.

“Excuse me Mr Buck.” Taeyeon called him out calmly.

A shocked look was plastered on his face the moment the recognised Taeyeon. Tiffany did introduce them to each other 6 months after dating him. Now that Taeyeon think about it, Tiffany did seem serious about this guy.

‘Tiffany would be hurt if she knew’ Taeyeon thought to herself silently.

“Oh Hai Taeyeon, this is a misunderstanding. We are just friends.” He said with a nervous tone. His defence was making her patience run thin.

“I’m sure friends don’t kiss each other.”

“Taeyeon just don’t tell Tiffany. You wouldn’t want to see her sad right. This is nothing. We are not together.” He said while pointing at the girl next to him.

“Oppa! What do you mean nothing?” She said angrily as she stood up against him.

“Our friend here doesn’t seem to think you both are just friends though. How ironic is that?”

“Whatever, I’m out of here. Oppa we are over.” The young lady said sassily before leaving the scene.

Nickhun just looked at the girl leave without uttering a word.

“Don’t tell Tiffany please.” He begged.

“Can’t promise that Nickhun.” Taeyeon said leaving him behind dumbfounded.

“Let’s leave.” Taeyeon said to Yuri.

“From now onwards, I don’t want that man to enter this premise ever again.” Taeyeon informed the manager that was standing nearby.

“I understand Miss Kim.” He said as she bowed.

 

Taeyeon’s mood was on the low since that encounter. She was still worried over Tiffany. She didn’t know how to break the news to her. She feared not being able to handle Tiffany’s sad face or worse if Tiffany chooses to not believe her. There she was lying on the couch alone and in daze.

‘Maybe I should text her and ask to meet up. She barely has time tho.’

As Taeyeon was busy thinking her phone got a text message.

From: Fany Princess 💕

I need to see you tonight.

To: Fany Princess 💕

Sure. Time and place?

From: Fany Princess 💕

8pm at 6ix

Why am I meeting her at a bar? Does she know about Nick Hun?’ Taeyeon was worried. Putting aside her worries she went out to meet Tiffany.

 

She was starting to feel nervous the moment she got out of the car. After passing the valet boy her car keys, she went inside the bar. After scanning through the crowd, she finally saw Tiffany alone drinking.

‘Why is she sitting at such an open space? What if someone sees her and take advantage of her?’

Taeyeon thought to herself before she hurried upstairs towards the seat that Tiffany was at.

“Yah why are you drinking alone? Where is your manager?”

“Our Taetae is here!” Tiffany said like an excited child while extending her arms.

‘How can she be so cute at times like this?’ Taeyeon said internally with a smile.

“Dae our Fany. Why are you drinking so much?” Taeyeon used a playful tone to play along.

“Because I’m disappointed.” She said with a cute pout.

‘Could it be she knows?’

“By whom?” Taeyeon asked curiously.

“By you.”

“What did I do? I just breathed.”

“Why didn’t you tell me sooner about Nickhun?” Taeyeon went silent at the question.

“You knew huh?”

“That bastard called me and panicked thinking that you have already told me about him cheating. Why didn’t you tell me sooner?”

“I was just finding the right time to tell you. I’m sorry.”

“Were you afraid? Did you doubt our friendship?”

“It wasn’t like that.”

“Aish why should I explain to the drunk you? Let’s get you sober up and i’ll tell you.”

“Hmm come here” Tiffany signalled Taeyeon to scoot closer which she did.

“Waeyo?” Taeyeon asked.

“Stay still.” Tiffany said as she laid her head on Taeyeon’s shoulders. Taeyeon wondered why her head was playing her favourite song, ‘Put your head on my shoulder’ by Paul Anka, the moment Tiffany’s head touched her shoulders nor why her heart was racing with excitement. Either ways, she had no time to figure it out nor did she want to. She just stayed there in silence.

“Taetae” Tiffany called out.

“Hmm wae” Tiffany scanned Taeyeon’s face, from her eyes to her nose and finally to her lips before she crashed her lips upon Taeyeon’s.

Taeyeon was shocked at first that made her stay still like a log. However, that slowly changed the moment Tiffany pulled Taeyeon’s head to deepen the kiss. They were practically making out when suddenly Taeyeon came to her senses and distant herself from Tiffany.

“I think I need to send you home now.” Taeyeon said to the half-conscious lady in-front of her. Hearing no response from the latter she decided to just drag Tiffany home with her.

‘Her manager would kill me if she knew how drunk Tiffany got. I think it’s better to bring her to my house instead.’Taeyeon agreed to her own thought before she brought Tiffany to her car.

Tiffany was fast asleep the moment they arrived Taeyeon’s home. Tiffany was a heavy drinker and she had a high tolerance towards alcohol. It was rare to see Tiffany be super drunk to the point of falling asleep so it irked her how that useless man made her strong and collected best friend to be this drunk.

‘You must have really liked him.’ Taeyeon thought to herself as she traced Tiffany’s face.

“Fany ah, wake up. We’re home.”

“I’m tired, carry me.”

“I’m smaller than you. How can I do that?” Taeyeon said in disbelieve.

“My super Taetae is always strong.” Tiffany said with a superman gesture.

“And drunk Tippani is always a pain in the ” Taeyeon added.

“You love my .”

“Oh, just shut up!” Taeyeon said grumpily as she carried Tiffany on her back.

They made their way to the pent house and Taeyeon struggled to open the door with a heavy load like Tiffany on her back.

“You are such a brat sometimes” Taeyeon complained before she entered the house. Taeyeon threw Tiffany on her couch as she ran to drink some water.

“Tae, I want to sleep on your bed. It’s not comfortable here.”

“Move your own . I am not carrying you anymore.”

“Meanie!”

“Brat!”

“Taeyeon ah!” Tiffany shouted.

“What?!” Taeyeon was annoyed at that point.

“Marry me.” Tiffany said before falling asleep.

“What?!” She was welcomed by silence instead and that annoyed Taeyeon to no end.