Marking His Territory

That Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 24 

She went to her favorite cafe alone before the Opening Ceremony started and met Chanyeol with Suho and Sehun on the way out, with their basketball uniforms. They were also varsity players.

"Yah, Cuckoo, why are alone today? You shouldn't be alone since there are so many students from other schools. You being a small bean would be crushed in one splash!" A look of concern was evident in his eyes.

"My girls are busy with their thing, so, it is just me. I'm craving for an iced coffee that's why I have to come here and get one for myself."

"Inside is one hell of a market mostly with boys. If only Seohyun is here, I'll have her accompany you but she was out of the country." Sehun and Suho, who walked ahead of Chanyeol to talk with Dara, already motioned him to go already. Chanyeol had no choice but to obey.

"As much as I want to be with you, I can't. We still have to do the warm-up since we will be playing the first game. By the way, Jaejoong is inside. Just ignore him if he approaches you."

"Coco-yah! You should have told me that first!" He shouted back at him. He just waved his hand instead of turning his head. 

She was about to turn around and leave when the school buzzer alarmed, signifying that the opening ceremony was about to start. The door of the cafe suddenly opened and a throng of students unfamiliar to her went out in unison and she was caught in the middle. Having a hard time moving out. Dara just stayed where she was because she thought it would be safer than go against the tide. She was standing with her arms covering her ears as men rushed out banging her. Just then, someone protectively wrapped his arms around her shoulders. Her heart drummed, instinctively sending signs of fear and panic. But just as she was about to break free, they stopped. He guided her out of the danger zone. 

She hoped it was Jiyong but judging on his scent, it was somebody else. Dara looked up to see who it was. He looked half Korean to her, handsome and very manly. She blinked a couple of times before his question registered in her mind as her nervousness subsided. 

"Are you okay?" His concerned eyes were looking at her pretty face. There was admiration in his eyes.

Dara nodded meekly. "Thank you." There was curiosity in her eyes so he introduced himself without offering his hands to make her at ease. 

"Jay Pak but almost everyone who knows me call me Flowsik. Are you really fine? I mean you look shaken. If you like I can accompany you, that is if you are going inside that campus." He then pointed Dara's school. 

"She is a student here so no need to show her around. Hi, I am Jaejoong, her boyfriend." Jaejoong possessively put his hands on Dara's shoulders and extended his other hand to Flowsik's direction. The other guy respectfully accepted his hand for a handshake. Dara cringed at the thought of his arms around her. His presence was not welcomed, much more his act of endearment. It brought goosebumps to her skin. Sensing her reaction, Flowsik, eyed Dara for confirmation. She turned her head and meekly disclosed, "E--ex-boyfriend. He cheated on me." 

That meek response brought a smile to the stranger's lips. "I believe the lady prefers to walk with me in going in. Nice meeting you, Jaejoong? We will go ahead." Flowsik. "Miss, please lead the way, you know this school more than I know its nooks and crannies." 

"Dara, I miss you! Can we just talk for a while?" Jaejoong's voice could be heard meters away. The more she quickened her steps to get away as soon as possible. 

With long and fast strides, Flowsik tried to match Dara's speed. Amusement filled his system. He spoke before they could reach the gate. "If it's okay, may I know your na....?"

"Park, Sandara." She cut his words and stopped just as they entered the gate. "Thank you so much for helping me." Her voice was shy and her head bent low. Flowsik wanted to see her face again. "Sandara, you have something on your hair." He picked out a fallen little leaf on her ponytail. She looked at him when she felt her hands on her head. He presented the leaf to her and when their eyes met, he was frozen on spot, realizing how beautiful she was, devoid of make-up and in plain baggy shirt, sneakers, and fitted pants. He was breathless for a moment. 

"I can show you the way, where are you heading to?" Her timid smile and elusive eyes added a mystery to her beauty that Flowsik just looked at her, awestruck! 

"Yah, Flowsik! We have been looking for you!" A tall, muscular man approached him and they exchanged a personalized handshake. After it, the guy looked at Dara and just stared at her open-mouthed. Flowsik elbowed him when Dara shifted her gaze uncomfortably. Soon, they were joined by a bunch of men and women in maroon sweatshirts marked Whimoon High School, an academic institution known for its excellent athletics team. The other man elbowed Flowsik in return, signaling him to introduce Dara. The other athletes in the background were all smiles as they watched their star players interested in one girl. 


"This is Park Tae Hwan, the ace swimmer of Whimoon High. Bro, this is Sandara Park, a student here." Tae Hwan extended his hand but Dara refused to take it. Tae Hwan awkwardly withdrew it but his expression was still on high, eyes sparkly, and all smiles. 

"I need to go. I have to watch my friends in their first game. Nice to meet you all and welcome to our school." She turned her gaze to Flowsik and bowed a little. "Thank you." She turned around and in fast pace, walked away. Flowsik's knees bent and turned around clasping his heart. "Holy ing ! I think I'm in love!" When their companions looked at Tae Hwan, they all laughed because he was just dreamily staring at Dara's back, one hand on his chest, open-mouthed while muttering, "That's my dream girl right there." 

***.

The girls were already complete. They have finished their cheering stint in the opening ceremony and they have already cheered for Top, Seungri, and Chanyeol in the first game and went to Cl next, who easily defeated her first opponent.

Dara had a smile when she remembered the events during the basketball match. She recalled how Top and Bom showed everyone they were lovers in front of hundreds of spectators after the basketball team won against the team of Jaejoong. Jaejoong was seen dedicating free throws to Dara on the bench while Bom would shout 'Boooooo' in return. He would even throw flying kisses to Dara. 

"Does he even know that you and GD are an item now or he knew but just acts like a complete head! What a thick-skinned loser!" Bom complained to Dara.

She just shrugged her shoulders and shouted 'Yes! Go Seungri!' when he snatched the ball from Jaejoong's dribbling and passed it on to Chanyeol. Chanyeol seeing that Top purposely stopped in the middle of the court in case last minute shot would be needed, threw the ball to him. Top confidently threw a thre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter