Chances

That Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20

​​​​​​The sound of the movie soundtrack was making Jiyong's heart race for fear. Two rows from them, Dara was already gettin afraid of the movie they were watching and based on personal experience, when afraid she would always hold his arms or hide from his back while clinging to his forearm. From the light of the screen, Youngbae was all smiles looking at his friend. 

"Are you still okay or is something inside you hurting already?"

He was laughing at his friend who could not relax for even a second! Who would when he could clearly see Jaejoong holding her shoulders keeping her close to him and when she hid her face on his side, he would secretly smell her hair and rubbed her forearm. 

"Why would she even come with him in this kind of movie? Is she not using her brain?" Jiyong's frustration could not be contained. They need not whisper since the cinema was almost empty.

"Bro, have you forgotten how oblivious she is with how a guy's mind works? She was so into the movie and didn't even notice that couples around them are just kissing and not bothering to glance at the movie!" Youngbae shook his head with amusement. 

A week after Dara told him that Jaejoong was already her boyfriend, she told him they would go out to watch a movie she was dying to see. Since Jiyong already promised her he wouldn't meddle anymore, he pretended to be chill about it. What she didn't know, on the night they were to watch, Jiyong, who asked Youngbae to go with him, were already at the mall ahead of Dara and Jaejoong. Jiyong saw the line of the blockbuster movie that Dara and Jaejoong wanted to see while the other horror film had very few people. 

"We should buy tickets with this horror movie. I'm 100% sure he would convince her to watch this rather than that. He is a man after all." Youngbae winked at him earlier. The reality pissed him off. Of course, any man who would watch a movie for the first time with his gf would want to be alone with her. The lesser the people, the better. As a man, Jiyong knew that but he was still annoyed with it. So, they decided to blend in with the people and wait for Dara and her bf to be sure which movie they would really watch. Moments later, Jiyong stopped fiddling with his phone as he saw Dara and Jaejoong coming in. 

"Damn! Dara looks hot, bro! Jaejoong so lucky to have her! She really dolled up for him, huh!" 

Jiyong heard his friend but didn't react. A pinch in his heart signified the pain he felt. He knew she would be pretty since Bom and CL were at their apartment, busy preparing her for her first real date. Yes, Dara had boyfriends before. After she broke up with Chanyeol, though they remained good friends, she had Wooyoung, the school's football captain who kept pestering her and because of CL and Bom's influence, she answered him. However, they never had a moment in school, in fact she kept on running away from him. Three days after, she broke up with him. Then, there was Park Haejin. As far as he knew, he was also one of the popular guys in school because he was an actor of school plays. He would often hear Dara fanboying over Haejin when they would watch school plays together with their gang. When Haejin accidentally bumped into Dara, he was mesmerized. Jiyong even saw how his expression changed from anger to amazement as he saw her face. From then on, he would often drop by her classroom and would walk her home bringing the bike for her. Jiyong, was so determined to be away from her that even if he was hurting, he didn't say anything because she never went out once she's gone home already. He was a good man also, respectful to her and very gentlemanly. But days after their one-week relationship, as Bom told the boys, Haejin had to go back to the US for the sudden death of his father. Months after, Cl told them that he called Dara and called it quits since he would not be coming back to Korea anymore. He thought that Dara would get hurt but it didn't bother her. She seemed to be acting the same and when he asked her about it, "Dara, are you okay that Haejin left?" 

Dara just answered me, "What about it?" He thought she was still in denial, so he just went along with the flow.

But now, she acted differently with Jaejoong. She laughed with him, joked with him, and looked comfortable with him  Almost everyday, she would meet with him outside in a cafe adjacent to their school. Bigbang would see her conversing with him, listening eagerly. She would also go home an hour late from her usual time staying with Jaejoong, Chanyeol, his gf Soohyun, and Soohyun's friend named H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter