Chapter 2

Last Flame

Breaking News

 

 

 

"Yoo Sung Ho, a male in his late 50's and is also the current CEO of the Fresh Dream Enterprises, was found dead in his Guest House parking Garage near midnight. Police consider it as A Suicide, Investigation is still undergoing to confirm the data." 

 

                                  - SDS News 

 

          

 

 

 

 

 

 

 There was chaos at the police station, every was rushing with their notes in their hands.

The cops were worried that they might praise the killers techniques for not leaving a clue behind to find if there was one, though the squad of cops were sure that it was a suicide, as it had the notes and the reason.Yet, the Head of the branch, Kim NamJoon and his trustee associate Jung HoSeok  were having other thoughts and we're sure it was a pre-planned murder. 

To their loss, they don't have enough proof to prove it. 

Their team, which was working under them were working their sweats still they couldn't find even a hairpin as clue. 

The higher authorities pressured him to close the case concluding it as a suicide as they don't want anymore complications because of this case. The shot on the victims head do look like suicide and even the results in autopsy says so. 

Yet, he had this uneasy feeling that this ain't no ordinary suicide case. He wanted to some clue, any clue to be accurate. 

He still finds it strange as in why the victim decided to kill himself in his parking lot and not in his room. He kept questioning himself yet he couldn't find answers he was looking for as all the leads came to a dead end.  There must be something. He kept wondering. He looked at his tired associate. HoSeok, was tired from all the work and research. 

He wouldn't blame NamJoon for asking him to work his out as he himself had his doubt on this suicide and he would also do anything for his best friend. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sir! Sir!" 

 

 

 

 

 

The Rookie officer flood into his senior office without knocking the door for excuse. He was gasping for air. 

NamJoon has always been a kind hearted head hence he allowed the rookie to take a deep breath and calm down before he could utter any word. 

 

 

NamJoon looked attentively at the rookie as though he was ready to hear anything the rookie was about to say even if it was the silliest thing he has ever heard in his life. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sir! I came.. came here to inform.." 

 

 

 

 

 

" Relax, Calm down first. Then you may speak." 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sir! The investigators have found a Jeon Enterprises business card on the victim's pocket. Here it is, Sir."

 

 

 

 

 

 

The rookie left the room after handing over the sealed transparent pouch which had the card inside.

Though what evidence it provided was no knowledge upto now until after a long pause, HoSeok looked at his friend with joy as if a bulf got lit 

above his head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

" According to my research Joonie, the Sung Ho, always had a dispute with the Jeon Enterprises saying that the enterprise is being selfish and is destroying all other enterprises which comes as it's opposition. 

He was also mad at them as he was the only other enterprise which had complaint over Jeon Corporations while others have a friendly relationship with it, as it has its great reputation in the country and as it is one of the reasons why Our nation is known worldwide." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"But why would they kill him? They have a very good reputation in the society. Killing him will bring no profit to them. They could have shut Sung Ho's outrage in many other ways if they wanted. This ain't adding up." 

 

 

 

 

 

" Yeah! You are right."

 

 

 

 

 

" Something is missing, I can feel it, I know it but I can't find it. What is it that we are overlooking? " 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" Should we ask TaeHyung and Jimin's  help ? You know they would love to help us. " 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" I don't want to distrub them." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" They won't mind it and we can join both our crime and their detective department and could work together. It'll be like those good old days. Let me go and ask them." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When HoSeok left an officer entered to inform that cremation of Sung Ho is gonna happen in 2 days. 

NamJoon could only sigh. There was no use of having investigation anymore yet he decided not to stop HoSeok from calling his friends as it had been quite a while since he saw the Soulmate duo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                ☀️

 

 

 

 

On the other side of the town at the detective police department, while everyone was busy pulling their hairs out thinking of solutions for their assigned case, there was only laughter  were heard from a particular room. 

 

 

Detective Kim TaeHyung,  that's what the board on the desk read. His chestnut brown hair hang over slightly reveals a fresh cheerful face. Luminous Brown eyes set delicately within the sockets, watching delightfully and devotedly towards his fellow associate and best friend, Park Jimin. 

 

 

The face of Park Jimin, a true detective stood out among the others for his baby and ever young looking face with sharp features.

 

 

They were twinning by the dress they wore. Their high rise pant, white shirt with black tie and Gun holster made them look like twin detective. 

They were famous among their police force for their knowledge and their techniques. They always work together as a duo. They are assigned only for the toughest cases. 

 

 

The duo were laughing over their previous night activities. Jimin kept commenting how TaeHyung easily gets blushed by just the complements he gets from girls. 

TaeHyung knows that Jimin is just teasing him, as he knows all about TaeHyung's private life. There was no secret between them as they were roomates and it was also Jimin's idea to go to club to freshen up. 

TaeHyung has always been single according to his knowledge as well as his friend and it was all thanks to his overprotective best friend named Park Jimin who shoos away everyone who tries to get a little more involved in his life.

They only have each other since the day they were. They grew up together in the orphanage, went to school, college and now work together. They are part of each other's life. 

One couldn't imagine the life without the other as the are dependent on each other. 

They always hold each other to sleep. They give each other thier shoulders to lean on. They were Soulmates. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"C'mon, accept it. Didn't you like the girl in green dress, who sent you flying kisses. Like Mumha!Mumha! " 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" Stop it, Jimin. It's nothing like that."

 

 

 

 

 

" Then why are you blushing? "

 

 

 

 

 

 

" I am not." 

 

 

 

 

 

" But the red tint on your cheeks didn't say so. Ha Ha Ha." 

 

 

 

 

 

"No. No. What blush? " 

 

 

 

 

 

TaeHyung covered his blushing cheeks. It was a different feeling. He doesn't recieve much compliments  like his flirt expert best friend. Hence it was new for him and it made him blush like a fool. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" Ha ha. C'mon accept it. Do you want me to get the girl's number?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What? No. Don't do stupid things like that." 

 

 

 

 

 

All Jimin could do was laugh at his fellowmate's cuteness. All through his life Jimin, promised himself to preserve and protect his best friends innocence and kindness, the sole reason why he fell for him. 

Yeah. You heard it right. He loves TaeHyung and he wants to hide his feelings for him at all cost. 

Was he too afraid to lose his friendship? 

No, that wasn't the reason. He was too afraid to move forward in relationship, and he himself being the reason for TaeHyung's innocence destruction. 

He is just waiting for the right time, maybe after a year or so he'll confess his feelings for him until then he wants to enjoy the innocent and childish side of TaeHyung only he gets to see as to other's all Tae would do is be silent and comment on the ones only necessary. 

Maybe that's the reason why he is being overprotective. 

He feels like he is doing his job being a Guardian of his one and only. 

 

    

 

The telephone ring disturbed their conversation of the previous night activities and Jimin's fun of teasing his friend. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" Hello. Kim TaeHyung speaking." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! It's your favourite Hobi Hyung hear..." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                   •----------*~°°°~*----------•

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

____________________

 

Another Chapter updated 😊😊😊 

Hope you like the story 🙂

Please do comment your opinion.

Love you so much guys 💝😙.