SESSION 05

Tramp Stamp
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Yah, Wan-ah! Open the door!” Seulgi shouted outside her bestfriend’s door along with a series of loud knocks. This has been going for 15 mins already and honestly, both the couple and even Yeri are so used to this situation. 

 

Seungwan bobbing her head, greatly satisfied with the work she’s done the whole night. And honestly she’s been blasting it making sure she’s got everything perfectly mixed from the vocals, to the acoustics, backtracks and everything in between. She always falls into this trap finding herself lost in her own world, fully soaked in the melody she’s making, drunk in her own words that she forgets everything outside her headphones. 

 

It started last night, as she was walking on her way home after grabbing the chinese take out for their dinner. She was walking with her headphones listening to her “soleil” playlist admiring the busy streets of Manhattan when she’s suddenly reminded of the last time she had seen Joohyun. Ever since the doctor hung out with them their messages have been frequent. From good morning texts, to random “hey listen to this song”, to the random patient who has a huge face tattoo of an ex on the back, to the random meme that was seen on the internet. Really, it has become Seungwan’s day. Walking in the streets of Manhattan has always been one of the most comforting things for her,  it has always been home. Despite the busyness of the streets, labeled as the city that never sleeps; it has always been the buzz of calm that will always be a part of her. And she found the whole Joohyun thing the same, despite the clouded mind she has about their whole set up, despite the lack of assurance of what things could be between them, she still finds within herself that she might be home, that this could be it. “Oh shi-, I think I’m in love” Seungwan whispered but it resounded from her ribcage making her halt her steps, a hand on her heart the other one on her knees. Now for anyone, this might’ve been out of nowhere, that she is taking things too fast or as per Joy’s words, “you’re falling too fast, as if you’re a bullet train rushing to reach the next station and where would that lead you?”  but to Seungwan, it has always been a slow pull, it’s a canvass carefully put together with each weave, a painting slowly created with each . Because she saw it from the way Joohyun smiled at her, the way she stared at her, the way they talked, and everything that happened for the last 5 weeks. 

 

She rushed to their apartment, settled the take out and completely forgot about eating the minute she locked the door after flipping the “Creative Zone” sign and sat on her pc, opening her journal and started penning every single thing that runs through her, bleeding every emotion that’s running through her head. 

 

Please tread lightly

Step inside the garden of my mind

Please speak kindly

Tragedy and I are intertwined

But I can paint the sky with colors

Of my misery (hmm)

If you come closer, you can read it

In my history (hmm)

Please go slowly

Gentle is the water in my veins

But I would be careful not to

Bother creatures lurking just the same

'Cause once I feel the tide as it rises

My boat capsizes

And every minute passing

Could be time that I am spending

Talking to you on the phone

It's been too long since I have been alone

And I am hoping

That this could grow into something

But who am I to know how you define a home?

Oh I don't know you yet

But this could be it

Please be warned, oh

I'm a bit straightforward when I sing

And I have the tendency to

Get obsessed with every little thing

'Cause once I have a grain of thought

That I've planted

It blooms in my head

 

'Cause once I feel the tide

I drown, I fight the current

Pulling me down

I overflow and I try to hide it

Now am I too much for you

Way too damn much for you?

No such thing as too much

So you better take it or leave it

But this could be it

This could be it

Oh this could be it


 

This has been going on for the whole night and was only broken when her best friend decided to break in using the spare key in the morning after several attempts to pull her out.. Seulgi was greeted with a hamster resting her head on her office chair, eyes closed, humming a melody, and slightly bobbing her head. “YOU. *flick on the forehead” HAVE *flick* A DOCTOR’S *flick* APPOINTMENT *flick* IN AN HOUR *spank on the arm*” Seulgi shouted, earning a scowl from the hamster who was putting the headphones down and caressing her forehead. “I know! Chill! Joohyun won’t be there so I don’t have to go in early.”


 

Since the appointment for this session is in the morning, she arrived at work at a later time. The session for today went smoothly altho a little bit awkward. She found out that Dr. Kim is actually a family friend and that they went to the same middle school. Other than small talks, the session went pretty mute since she’s really not really in the mood. Today’s the first day she hasn’t heard from Joohyun ever since last friday, she knows today is the 2nd day and the last day of the conference but still, she can’t help but feel down, she misses the doctor. She’s about to settle in her office when she hears her office door open revealing her sister. 

 

“Hey hamham, remember you owe me something?” Taeyeon settled herself on the couch, crossing her legs. Well, I owe you my whole life but wtf is it this time. “Okay, I know that face. This isn’t hard okay and you owe me for passing the last demo mix late. I just need you to meet a client. It’s for a wedding, the couple wanted a song written for their wedding and they’re actually one of our investors. You’ve done this a lot of times already so it’ll be easy.” Seungwan eyed her sister pulling off a puppy eyes and a pout because she’s really not in the mood for work, in fact, she was resolved to just listening to the demos sent by indie songwriters and artists hoping to find a gem. In short, she planned on lazing the day considering she did not get sleep last night. Not that it’s something new, who is she kidding, she’s just being a lame love sick puppy. Taeyeon is right tho, she’s done this a lot of times but aside from the gloom that’s been hanging on her today, she’s never been comfortable in the business side, she has her sister to do that for the company. They’ve been at this for who knows how many times already and it always ends with Taeyeon’s eyes a little dim, frustrated? Sad? 

 

If Wendy looks up to and idolizes her sister, Taeyeon is Wendy’s biggest fan. That’s the whole reason Taeyeon started the whole recording company, it’s completely “pointless” as per their parents. Both of them are set on, groomed to take over the family business, no, empire. Their father is a tycoon after all and a renowned surgeon at that. Although their parents have been adamant they take their place in the family business, they’ve been allowed to still journey their own path, forge their own mind to grow and make up their own version of life. Despite that, Taeyeon knew her sister, very well, that it takes a toll on Wendy who’s been nothing but an obedient kid, yeah sure her sister at some point is rowdy and mostly does what she wants but to big things such as this, the latter always always makes it to point that she does not disappoint her parents. To which Taeyeon finds pointless because to her, Wendy has always been the family’s gem, like a family heirloom that’s so important and nothing she does can ever make their love for her any less. At some point, Taeyeon knew in heart that she loves tending to the business, she loves the thrill and ever since sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter