Uncertainty

Stay The Same
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

7

 

 

 

Something is definitely shifting, like how much of a whirlwind her affection for Nayeon grew, that's how fast the pessimistic side is eating her too.

 

Mina is very much thankful Sana is doing her best to help her not to think too much, she never told Sana, never opened up about how she's not sure on anything that's happening around her lately, but perhaps it's obvious.

 

A knock on her room awakened her from her reverie, Sana pushed in the door to talk to her. "I'm heading out for few minutes, do you want something?"

 

Mina shook her head as a response. 

 

"You sure? Do you want to come?" Sana inquired once more.

 

"I'm alright, I've got things to finish, also I promised Nayeon we'll meet later."

 

"Things to finish… yeah, okay." Sana murmured but she didn't insist anymore. "I'll go now, see you later."

 

"Okay, take care." Mina replied. She rolled over her bed and heaved a deep sigh, then she remembered she hasn't replied to Nayeon's messages yet.

 

She didn't bother sitting up to grab her phone which was just on the desk next to her bed. In the process of looking for her phone, Mina accidentally hit the study lamp making it fall over, leaving Mina with no choice but to stand up. She exhaled tiredly. While fixing her desk, she noticed the tiny gift Nayeon gave her weeks ago and slowly reached for it. Mina smiled as she remembered how casual Nayeon gave it to her. She surely miss the time when just rainbows and school works are occupying her mind, unlike now.

 

Her phone lit up, reminding her that she still didn't reply to Nayeon's texts. After unlocking the screen, she was greeted by the notifications, one being recent.

 

From Nayeon 8:12:
"Good morning."
"Have you eaten?"

 

From Nayeon 8:34:
"My mom made me pancakes. :P"

 

From Nayeon 8:50:
"You're not yet awake?"
"I'm sorry."

 

 

                                            To Nayeon 8:55:
                "It's ok, I've been awake since 7:30."
                  "Was just doing something."
                 "Good morning."

 

From Nayeon 8:56:
"Have you eaten?"

 

                                   To Nayeon 8:56:
                               "I did already."

She didn't, she forgot.

 

From Nayeon 8:57:
"Good to know. :)"
"I'll see you later, I'll just visit grandma this morning."

 

                        To Nayeon 8:59:
                    "Okay, tell your grandma I said hi."

 

From Nayeon 9:00:
"I will. :)"
"She asked about the flower last time too."

 

                                    To Nayeon 9:01:
                     "Flower is ok. I don't forget watering it."

 

From Nayeon 9:02:
"Will tell her that."
"Later."

 

                                  To Nayeon 9:02:
                                "Ok."

 

Mina smiled, somehow the conversation distracted her. She immediately sighed when she remembered she has tons of things to do today. She already submitted the proposal to the catering service, while the hotel one isn't done yet since the manager's schedule was full the past days, Mina will have to visit it later in the afternoon, to which Nayeon offered to come with her.

 

This morning, she had planned to finish the last written report she's yet to pass but it's already nine yet she's still hasn't added inputs to it.

 

She doesn't want to be dramatic but it's like one of those times wherein your head just thinks the baggage you're carrying is too much, and you don't want to do anything aside from sleeping. Some sort of lazy period.

 

Mina shook her head, reminding herself nothing is ever going to progress by not taking action. She grabbed her chair before she opened her laptop, noticing the dream-catcher hanging on the stand of the study lamp briefly. Mina tore her gaze away from the trinket.

 

~

 

It was past one in the afternoon when Nayeon texted her that she's already outside. Mina came out, wearing her denim jeans and a simple white tee. She'll be riding Nayeon's bicycle, she have learned enough on what to wear.

 

"It will be such a long ride, you'll be so tried." Mina told Nayeon.

 

"It's not that far, just like your home from my grandma's"

 

"That is kinda far when riding a bike Nayeon." Mina argued.

 

"I'm used to it." Nayeon trailed off. "And besides that's just more time for us to hangout." she continued then smiled.

 

Mina shook her head slightly before smiling back. It's just the same teases but it never failed to make her heart skip a beat.

 

"Let's go?" Nayeon asked, still wearing a faint smile. Mina nodded as a response.

 

They've done this plenty of time and Mina doesn't need to be told she needs to hold onto Nayeon, but she keeps on not doing it on purpose because she loves to hear Nayeon whine about it a little. The older doesn't like repeating things but she's extra patient when it comes to reminding Mina each time to put her arms around. This time though, Nayeon just glared, didn't say a word but her eyes were shooting daggers. Mina chuckled, she knows Nayeon must have already realized she's doing it on purpose by now.

 

"Do you know that the cottage in the beach is fully functional? It has two single beds and a restroom." Nayeon shared amidst of the seemingly smooth ride so far, the road isn't bumpy since it's leading towards the city.

 

"Really? Then that means we can stay for sunrise someday."

 

"Yes." Nayeon replied. "Don't tell my mom or grandma but before, when I want to be alone, I always stay there." she laughed at the end of her sentence.

 

Mina frowned. "Aren't you afraid? It's dangerous."

 

"No one really goes there Mina and the sheriff of the next city who works part-time here do patrols at night. But I agree it is somewhat dangerous. Though it helps that this is such a small town so people mostly know everyone." Nayeon explained. "I always lock it too, to be safe. Since it was my father who fixed it, only I have the key."

 

Mina nodded. There was a quick silence between them, Mina can only hear the cars passing by them along with the wind. Thank goodness for the bike lane, otherwise Mina would feel terrified being on a bike in a somewhat busy street. Few more minutes had passed until Nayeon started a different topic.

 

"Do you have plans after graduation?" Mina quickly noticed how different Nayeon's tone was after asking the question.

 

"Not really, I like to be a doctor but at the same time I also want to be on the artistic field. I'm not sure yet." Mina answered, eyes looking at the back of Nayeon's head.

 

"I believe you'll do great on whatever you'll choose. Both careers would suit you. I know you'd survive studying medicine, but I also know you'd do great in artistic department."

 

Mina chortled and adjusted her arms on Nayeon's waist. "You always say that though."

 

"It's the truth that I believe in."

 

"Sure." Mina laughed once more. "What about you?" She asked back.

 

"I'm gonna study abroad."

 

What?

 

"Y-you're leaving?"

 

Nayeon nodded and glanced at her briefly. "My mom wants to leave the country."

 

"Where? When?" Mina's chest hurts after hearing those words.

 

"Netherlands."

 

Mina swallowed the lump she felt in . Their story would really end just like that even before it began. "Right after graduation?" her lips quivered she had to bite them.

 

"No. At least a month after, we're still finalizing the requirements."

 

"I see." the only thing Mina could say. She didn't even notice her hug on Nayeon tightened unconsciously.

 

"Mina? We'll still be talking with each other right?" She could hear the hopefulness in Nayeon's tone as she asked that.

 

"Of course." she answered in haste, not wanting Nayeon to notice she's on the verge of crying. "Social medias are there for a reason. We'd still be friends."

 

"I'd love that. I really don't want to lose someone like you." Nayeon said and it's making Mina lose her mind.

 

Stop.

 

Just for a while.

 

Please.

 

Maybe Nayeon heard her silent prayers because she didn't talk anymore after that. Suddenly all other thoughts inside Mina's brain are replaced by one thing, Nayeon is leaving, she's not gonna stay.

 

~
It was miracle that Mina was able to explain the details properly to the hotel manager and come to an agreement when her brain is just screaming about Nayeon leaving.

 

Nayeon didn't come with her inside the office, instead she st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter