Never Change

Stay The Same
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6

 

 

"Are you going out with Nayeon?"

 

Mina lifted her gaze onto Sana after hearing the question. "Right now?"

 

"Yes." Sana nodded.

 

"No." She answered truthfully. "I'm gonna check the venue for the ball today." 

 

It's been a while since they've hangout together, Mina's schedule was always full the past days, the ball is approaching fast, it's coming in less than 2 months and she just wants everything to be done before final exams start.

 

"She asked me last time if I was free today but I declined due to the meeting, but it was moved tomorrow, then when I told Nayeon, she replied we could just reschedule it next weekend because she already accepted an invite from a friend." Mina explained while tying the shoelaces.

 

"Her friend? Jihyo never mentioned anything and in fact we'll meet later." Sana raised an eyebrow.

 

"Maybe it's someone else?" Mina simply shrugged.

 

"Does Nayeon goes out with anyone aside from us?"

 

Mina sighed. "I don't know Sana but I'm running late. I'll see you later, have fun with Jihyo."

 

"You too! Take care!" She heard Sana's scream behind the closed door.

 

Mina didn't let it show but what Sana had mentioned got her curious. Nayeon and her are not dating so she always stops herself from asking questions too much, she settles on what Nayeon shares. She took her phone out of her pocket to type a text. 

 

To Nayeon 9:37:
"Good morning, are you awake?"

 

                                  From Nayeon 9:37:
             "Good morning. :)"
             "I am. Are you heading out now?"

 

To Nayeon 9:38:
"Yes, just leaving the house, and you?"

 

Mina stopped texting for a while to settle inside the car. "Everything okay miss?" Mr. Kim asked. Mina nodded and told the driver they can go now. She checked her phone for Nayeon's reply.

 

                              From Nayeon 9:39:
                            "I'm waiting for my mom."

 

To Nayeon 9:40:
"Mom? You're seeing a family friend?"

 

                               From Nayeon 9:40:
                               "Sort of, you can say that."

 

Mina was itching to ask who it is but she stopped herself.
To Nayeon 9:41:
"I'll take a nap, looking at the phone while the car is moving is making me a bit dizzy."

 

                            From Nayeon 9:42:
                           "Oh no. Feel better Mina. :'( "

 

To Nayeon 9:43:
"Don't be silly it's nothing serious haha"

 

                          From Nayeon 9:43:
                           "Still! I'll stop texting now, please take care."

"And Mina, I really miss hanging out with you, I'm looking forward for next weekend. :D"

 

 

                   

Mina bit her lower lip to stop the smile that wanted to escape . 
To Nayeon 9:44:
"Have fun and take care!"

 

She closed her eyes after replying, she knows Nayeon won't reply anymore anyway.

 

They reached the venue after more or less than twenty minutes. It's the nearest hotel that has enough space to cater their graduates. Mina called in few days ago so she can check the place. A gentleman greeted her as soon as she stepped inside.

 

"Hi, I inquired few days ago. My name is Myoui Mina." she introduced herself.

 

"Oh good morning miss Myoui, it's for the ballroom isn't it?" the man asked.

 

Mina gave a small nod. "That is correct, sir."

 

The man stepped out from the reception counter to guide Mina. "This way please."

 

Not only that Mina checked how big the venue is, she also inquired about the sound system, how much will be the fee, if they allow external organizers. Good thing, everything seems to be settled, the hotel will allow external organizer as long as a representative of them will be aware about the plans for the event.

 

"I will contact you again sir once the proposal is approved." Mina told the manager.

 

"Of course miss Myoui. It's a pleasure doing business with you." the man smiled.

 

While walking their way out, Mina noticed how the restaurant on the opposite side of the road is now open. She turned to the manager to ask. "Do they offer catering services?"

 

"I'm sure we can arrange that miss Myoui, the restaurant is a joint venture with your father." the manager replied.

 

"Oh." Mina didn't know. She looked at the restaurant again before glancing at the man accompanying her. "It's okay sir, I'll go ahead and check it myself. Thank you."

 

"I insist miss Myoui. Let me just tell the staff and I'll go with you."

 

"Please sir, it's okay. I won't take much more of your time." Mina tried to reassure, she hopes this time the man won't ask again otherwise she'd have no choice but to give up. She really doesn't want to go there with a hotel manager, knowing for a fact that this man could be busy doing other stuff and was just being nice.

 

"Alright miss. I'll tell the guard to help you cross the street at least." the older man gave in.

 

"That will do. Thank you very much." Mina offered a sincere smile in return.

 

She talked with Mr. Kim first before she head to the restaurant, informing the driver where she'll go. The driver told her he will move the car next to the restaurant instead so she won't have to cross the street later. Mina nodded and said her thanks.

 

Once inside the restaurant, Mina immediately noticed how some of the crew lifted their heads to look at her. Even before reaching the counter, someone instantly approached Mina.

 

"Miss Myoui, what a pleasant surprise!" the lady greeted her enthusiastically.

 

"I- uhh." Mina blinked. She's not used to being recognized by people she doesn't know. This is one of the reasons why business parties exhaust her, she'll have to socialize to people talking about money and it doesn't interest her at all.

 

"What can we do for you?"

 

She smiled politely. "I would like to inquire if this place has catering services."

 

"Oh." the woman humm. "We can discuss this in my office." she proceeded to say.

 

Mina smiled and nodded. "Please, and thank you."

 

"This way miss Myoui." she gestured the way. 

 

The younger followed quietly. Completely ignoring all of the stares the people are giving. 

 

Mina knew the woman's name as soon as she entered the room. Kwon Ha Rin was written on the nameplate on top of the desk. She's the co-owner of the restaurant, along with Mina's father. The woman then asked her to take a seat.

 

"It's been a while since we've seen each other. How's your family?" the lady asked.

 

"We're all doing great ma'am, thank you for asking." She answered politely, though she really doesn't fully remember who the woman was.

 

The lady stood up to pour a drink in her glass. "I hope you don't mind me drinking, it helps me calm my nerves."

 

"No, not at all."

 

When the lady came back, she displayed a warm smile to Mina. "You're graduating soon right? If I remember correctly."

 

Mina nodded in acknowledgement. "That is correct ma'am, in less than two months."

 

"Your parents must be so proud, your father sometimes boast to us how good you're doing at school." the lady chuckled a bit. "As he should."

 

Mina's cheeks heat-up. She looked down to hide her face a bit. The woman must have noticed that Mina was starting to feel awkward so she cleared and asked Mina about the catering she mentioned earlier.

 

"So it's for the ball." miss Kwon pondered. "Do you have a definite number of attendees?"

 

"Not yet but I could give a rough estimation, we should be around 200 people." Mina answered.

 

"And that's with the faculty team already or no?" the older woman further inquired.

 

"It is. We have five different classes with at least 30 students each." she explained.

 

"I see." Miss Kwon gave an understanding nod.

 

"I will write a proposal for our budget and we can talk about it again." Mina said, standing up from her seat.

 

"Okay sure miss Myoui. I will wait for a call back, I already gave you my number right?"

 

"Yes ma'am." Mina answered and showed the piece of card the lady gave her a while ago.

 

The woman nodded. "I'll walk with you outside."

 

Mina mumbled a small thank you before following the owner. There are more people now in the restaurant making Mina check the time, it's almost twelve noon, that's why.

 

She was about to leave the place when her attention got caught upon hearing a familiar name. Mina immediately turned to the direction where the sound came from to confirm if she heard it right. There, she saw Nayeon laughing with people Mina isn't familiar of. Her mind quickly realized this was the lunch with family friends Nayeon mentioned in the text.

 

Not planning to disturb the girl, Mina held the door, pushing it slowly, not until her gaze landed on the other person who just sat next to Nayeon, someone she recognized. 

 

Mina immediately gets it that the group were teasing the two when Jihoon shushed them, while Nayeon was just shaking her head.

 

"The two of you dated?" one of the men who were teasing a while ago asked.

 

"It was nothing serious." Jihoon answered. "She broke up with me after a month."

 

"Oh my, are you a player Nayeon?" the same man questioned.

 

"I am not. Like Jihoon said, it wasn't serious, he agreed to call it off."

 

"Because you asked me to and I respect that."

 

"Ohhhhh this is interesting." the other guy butts in. "Looks like my cousin haven't moved on."

 

"Cut it off. You're making everything awkward." Jihoon told his cousin.

 

"Shhh let me ask aunty." the lad covered Jihoon's mouth. "Aunty, is it okay for my cousin to court your daughter?"

 

The woman, who's back was facing Mina chuckled. "Jihoon is a good kid, I wouldn't mind."

 

"See? Nayeon's mom approves."

 

Mina had to tear her gaze away. She can't keep on looking- listening anymore. Her chest tightened. She felt her eyes well

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter