9--

Space Habitants: Universe for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Three long days of non-stop journey, Jongin could finally see the Earth once again. It feels good to be home. He uses SKY001's telecommunication system to alert the defence bureau of his arrival and requests for Minister Jang upon reading out his private identification number to the officer. Minister Jang gets on the line with Jongin in two minutes and the agent discloses the whole incident to the minister. "He should not know about the success of this mission sir." Jongin emphasizes, alerting Minister Jang of Minister Lee's betrayal.

"What if Lee already knows? Is it possible for anyone from Neptune to contact Lee?" Minister Jang asks and in surprise, realization of the mistake, Jongin glances at Sehun and the crew members. To be honest, he never thought about it. With Suho lying dead on the ground, Jongin believed it's the end.

"Hi, I'm Chanyeol from Venus and to answer that..." Chanyeol taps Jongin's shoulder reassuringly, "We created a disguise communication for Neptune. Chen, my buddy from Zerth, identified a private communication system, and we worked on creating a floating web transmission. If anyone from Neptune tries to connect with Earth, the message shall not reach Earth."

"In short, this person on Earth will not receive any personal messages from this person on Neptune and vice versa." Chen summarizes as he waves into the camera, smiling giddily at the minister.

"You've got a reliable team." Minister Jang praises, looking at each of them. One by one, the crew introduces themselves to the minister.

"Yes, sir." Jongin smiles. "I would mainly thank Chanyeol and Sehun for the success of this mission. Without them, I would be stuck somewhere, dealing with all the complications myself."

"He'd go mad." Sehun mumbles but Jongin hears him loud and clear.

"Sir, we'll be landing shortly." Jongin informs the minister.

"Your entry permission is granted. Land safely at the bureau's skyway."

"Alright sir." Jongin salutes.

"Agent Kim, Congratulations on completing the mission."

--//--

The first person Jongin meets as soon as they land is the spaceship engineer, Kim Minseok. Minseok praises the Jupiterian spaceship. After all, Earthian don't get to see such Jupiterian creations often. The engineer then guides SKY001 through the hangar and places a team for a routine check on the ship. They'd be repairing any damages.

The entire team, Sehun, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Chen and Kris, meet Minister Jang, the man behind the mission. The minister congratulates the team personally and arranges comfortable accommodation to rest. Leo, Sehun's animal companion, is given a feast of meat.

Jongin parts with the team as soon as each of them is comfortable. He has to present his report and return the gem to the temple. As for the concern of Earth's microgravity, the return of the gem to its original land solved the problem as soon as the gem entered the Earth's orbit. The balance is restored. The people of Earth are safe and happy. However, the gem still needs to be brought back to the temple and the Union leaders will head there as soon as possible.

Seven hours later, there's a knock on Sehun's door and the Jupiterian is surprised to see Jongin. He had expected Jongin to take more time, but seeing the other at the door makes him feel a lot better in a foreign land. "I was feeling restless." Sehun says as soon as he pulls away from the hug. Jongin laughs – of course he would.

"It was a simple procedure, Sehun." Jongin assures while putting down the phone after making a quick call. "Since I abandoned the AI Lisa on Venus, I had to report the complete mission to twenty people." Jongin harrumphs and sits on the unfamiliar sofa at the bureau's rest house.

Jongin has never been to the bureau's rest house before. This is his first time. The place looks classy, with private pools and a gym. He heard that the place is made for high-profile visitors and with that thought, Jongin turns to look at Sehun who's accepting a food delivery. "They have this on Earth now?" Sehun asks, carrying five bags of fried chicken.

"Yes, it's a new trend here. Stay at home and get your food delivered." Jongin helps Sehun to set the seven boxes of chicken on the table. "And before you ask, I invited the boys. So, this is a mini party."

"A celebration?" Sehun asks, looking at the variety of fried chicken dishes. Jongin nods. "Smells good." He says and turns to the door when, once again, the bell rings. "I'll get that."

Loud commotion fills the room as soon as the rest of the team steps inside Sehun's suite. Baekhyun, Chen and Chanyeol's voices overpower each other's as if they're in a competition of who can go louder and be the loudest. It is indeed noisy, but everyone looks happy and well-rested. The boys help themselves with the fried chicken, engaging in an Earthian talk.

"Earth is different from when I last visited." Chen says, munching on the drumstick. "It used to be so crowded and stuffy but now, it looks nicer."

Jongin laughs. "The Union had really tried their best to maintain peace. It's difficult with so many continents and so many people. But they managed."

"And the gem..." Chanyeol adds.

"Yeah right. The gem too. You guys should see how it was when the gem was stolen. It wasn't peaceful." Jongin leans back against the chair and bites his lips. Those first few days were tough. "The senior citizens were injured badly, children too..."

"It's all good now." Sehun says.

"Thanks to all of you. I know I have not said this but..." Jongin looks at everyone, "Thank you very much. Thank you so much for joining me in this mission, helping me out, or even volunteering. Thank you."

There are smiles on everyone's faces.

"And," Jongin continues, "As you know... with this mission, I met Sehun." They share a look. Sehun looks amused, excited on what Jongin has to say about their fated meeting, "As an Earthian, I never once believed in soulmates but when I stepped foot in Jupiter, I had been in love at first sight with the dashing Captain Oh, who welcomed us in his full uniform."

Everyone laughs. "Did you have thoughts?" Chen teases him, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"Surely you had naughty thoughts..." Baekhyun adds.

"No. I couldn't!" Jongin screams. The duo looks doubtful. "Really! Sehun hated me at first and I had Leo scaring the out of me!" Jongin yells and pauses, "Wait a minute..." he turns to look at Sehun, "Where's Leo?"

"He's out. Hunting." Sehun points at the balcony glass door, "He'll be back soon."

Jongin looks out the balcony door longingly. He hasn't seen Leo for six to seven hours and he's already missing Leo, like how he rushed to see Sehun as soon as he settled everything at the bureau. Jongin turns back to look at the table where everyone is still chatting, drinking and eating. It's seriously nice to have proper company.

"Do you have a lover in Zerth?" Chanyeol asks Baekhyun, diverting everyone's attention to the noisy but charming captain.

Baekhyun laughs and reaches out for his beer can. He takes a good sip of the beer and shakes his head. "I spend most of my time out of Zerth. Where would I find the time to look for one?"

"He believes in a single lifestyle." Chen adds, nudging Kris, "Remember that one time we tried to hook him up with Luhan's cousin?"

"Yixing?" Kris asks.

"Oh guys, don't talk about Yixing." Baekhyun whines, covering his face.

"What's the story? Tell us." Jongin leans in, ready for the hottest gossip. Next to him, Sehun pretends to be uninterested, but the glow and light in his eyes tell that he's really interested in the story.

"I'll grab more cans." Sehun excuses himself to quickly get a few more beer cans and jogs back to his seat for Chen to spill about Baekhyun and Yixing.

"So, Luhan's cousin is interested in him but he's playing hard to get."

"Learn some tricks from Jongin." Chanyeol suggests, "He's good at flirting."

Jongin smirks and displays some of his basic flirting skills, seducing Sehun, who only smiles back.

"No, it's not about flirting or liking him back," Baekhyun whines and shakes his head. He's getting embarrassed with all the teasing. Chen and Chanyeol can't stop teasing him.

"What then?" Kris asks, "As far as I remember, Yixing is a great man. I do not know what went wrong?"

"I'm... I just..." Baekhyun stutters,

"What Baekhyun?" Chen sings, grabbing a drumstick but seeing Baekhyun's troubled face, he sits back to silently eat his chicken.

"Commitment scares me." Baekhyun sighs and stares at his unfinished chicken wing. "He's nice. He really is. He's a botanical chemist, and I have no idea what he actually does but every time he speaks of some flowers and their chemical compounds, he looks so happy."

"You're in love." Chanyeol ends the discussion.

"You're smitten." Kris adds.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter