7--

Space Habitants: Universe for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They're indeed very close to Neptune's orbit. The blue planet is right before their eyes, big and clear. Despite them approaching the giant planet, they could hardly see the destruction in it. It has a layer of thick clouds concealing the habitable crust of the planet. If they could see the destruction with their eyes, they'd know what they're facing, but it seems everything will be a surprise.

Stress is clear in the small space of the ship – everyone aims to locate and retrieve the gem, even though it will be difficult. Sehun suspects there will be some trouble once Jongin takes the gem and instructs everyone to bring along their firearms. Chen and Chanyeol are to stay in the spaceship, navigating the on-ground team and guarding their 'way home'.

"Jongin will be with-"

"Me." Luhan interrupts Sehun before the captain could pass his orders. The soulmates both glances at Luhan, waiting for an explanation.

"Why should I go with you?" Jongin asks, hating the thought of working closely with Luhan.

"Suho likes pretty things. I'll use Jongin to lure the man out so you and Baekhyun can have a good aim." Apparently, Suho of Neptune has a soft spot for pretty possessions. He enjoys having them near him, showing them off like a trophy. He's not only selfish but also thick-skinned and dangerous.

"He sounds crazy to me," Jongin mumbles unhappily. "Why can't Sehun go? He's pretty too." Jongin pouts at the captain, wanting to avoid being alone with Luhan.

"I've seen the man myself," Luhan reveals something no one knows. Everyone stops to stare at him and he continues, "I've been there myself before I joined Baekhyun and Chen." Luhan looks at Baekhyun and the petite man nods, confirming Luhan's words in a hushed voice. "I know every part of the town, where to find Suho and where they'd probably hide the gem."

"Where could it be?" Jongin asks, getting excited. It's a good thing. The mission finally has a clear light shining upon it.

Luhan sends him a smile, "There's a main building in town. I've been there once."

"What's in the building?" Chanyeol asks, "Where exactly is it?"

"He lives there, more like a mansion, palace. He has an army of soldiers guarding the place."

"How did you enter?" Sehun asks, looking at the other suspiciously.

"It's accessible for people. There's a main hall acting as a museum."

"Hmmm," Jongin hums, "Interesting." He turns to Sehun, expecting a plan, and soon the captain moves to touch the scattered paper on the table. Jongin could see all kinds of thoughts running through Sehun's handsome head. When Sehun turns to look at every one of them, he knows he has decided.

"You'll go with Luhan." He tells Jongin, "But do nothing stupid or reckless." He warns too, knowing very well how careless Jongin is.

"I'll keep him safe, Sehun." Luhan says, walking around Jongin and slowly puts his hand around the Earthian's waist. He smirks when he catches Sehun's expression falling. He enjoys witnessing the Jupiterian's jealousy. Then he glances down to where his hand is. Jongin has got a small waist. He bets the Earthian looks beautiful without clothes too and playfully caresses him, feeling the warmth and the small waist. Kim Jongin is a beauty that needs to be worshipped. He definitely doesn't belong to someone like Sehun.

"We should get closer," he tells the fidgety Earthian. "We're a team here." Luhan continues, touching and feeling, purposely finding the right time to lower his palm. Sehun briefs the team one last time, reminding everyone of their task and focus. Each of them gets a set of firearms and when Jongin reaches forward to grab his gun, Luhan takes the chance to slap his buttocks. Jongin turns to glare, and he smirks.

"Sehun," Chanyeol alerts the captain, calling Sehun over to the controllers. The rest didn't need to ask to know why; they could see the situation with their own eyes. Jongin takes a deep breath and shivers – he is finally on Neptune.

Luhan tries to touch him again, taking the opportunity of Sehun's distraction but thankfully, Leo stands next to him and bares its teeth each time Luhan moves an inch. Jongin smirks, petting the leopard on its head. Jongin walks away to Sehun and stands next to the captain, watching the view ahead of them. "It's beautiful," Jongin tells Sehun, "But knowing what's happening on it; I'm not very keen on stepping onto the planet."

Sehun scoffs and holds Jongin close. "Focus on what we have to do. The rest will pass." Jongin smiles back at the captain and appreciates the light, soothing touch over his side. "And, my view is way better than Neptune." Sehun whispers into his ears and Jongin feels that light brush of Sehun's lips on the crown of his ears. He glances at the other and rolls his eyes, hiding the threatening smile.

"You're..." he pinches Sehun, "sweet."

"I am?" Sehun whispers, focusing in their own little bubble, ignoring everyone else who is watching them and staring, especially Luhan. He couldn't care less. Sehun wants Jongin close to him and he's going to make sure Luhan knows they're unbreakable.

They're landing in a few minutes. Chanyeol's monitor is giving them a countdown and with Chen, the helpful Zerth, guiding the Venusian, Sehun only observes. Neptune's atmosphere isn't as thick as Venus or Jupiter. Their entry passing is easy but landing will be difficult. From the first layer of atmosphere, Neptune's destruction becomes visible. There is smoke, fire, chaos in every part of the land. Even on the waters, the ships and boats are on fire.

"What on Earth is happening here?" Jongin gasps. He didn't think witnessing it for real would cause him to be scared.

"This is not Earth." Sehun says.

"This is what Neptune is, sweetheart." Luhan says from behind him with a look of determination in his eyes. "It's the war of life here."

"I don't agree with the war of life." Sehun glances towards Luhan. "This results from greed, costing the lives of innocence."

Luhan glares angrily at the captain.

"Permission to land, captain." Chanyeol alerts Sehun and waits for further instruction. He quickly glances towards the trio behind him. He stayed away from the weird tension between them, but now, he senses danger. He's a Venusian, and he knows danger when it's around. He hovers the spaceship to a suitable location and slowly lands, with Sehun and Chen's help. It's the first time he's landing in Neptune.

"Here we are!" Sehun announces, looking at every one of them.

Jongin couldn't help but smile as he looks at Sehun. The captain radiates a fantastic leadership aura and with Leo next to him, they look perfect, the best mission partners.

"We'll move to our respective places and remember to lie low." Sehun continues. "Return to the ship as soon as possible. Chen and Chanyeol will be here, watching all our movements."

"Okay boss!" Baekhyun yells merrily, burying the building stress under cheerfulness. "Let's be safe!"

Everyone moves out of the ship when the door opens. Jongin wishes to wait for Sehun but the captain is giving final guidance to Chanyeol, forcing him to follow Luhan out reluctantly. Yet, he delays his step and glances at the captain, but Luhan's annoyed expression quickens his steps.

"Jongin!" Sehun calls, and he turns around too quickly to jog back to the captain. "I thought you wouldn't," Jongin smiles.

"I thought you'd wait but..." Jongin hints towards Luhan, "He's in a hurry."

"Let him be." Sehun says and pulls Jongin to the side. "Chanyeol will watch you. Put your glasses on when in doubt." Jongin nods, remembering the special Jupiterian glasses. "Focus on only finding and taking the gem. Do nothing stupid."

"You too." Jongin rolls his eyes, "Take care of yourself."

"I'll look for you if something's wrong." Sehun pulls him in for a hug and takes a deep breath. It feels like home.

"How will you know?" Jongin asks,

"You're my other half, remember?" Sehun says, slowly pulling away to place a tender kiss on Jongin's lips.

"Gosh, you're irresistible Captain Oh." Jongin pecks those beautiful lips once again and pulls apart, saving Sehun's picturesque figure in his head. "Be safe," He says and turns around to see Luhan burning in red. Jongin turns to see Sehun – but Sehun has left with Baekhyun.

He walks over to the other and shakes his head. "Aren't you being too obvious?" Jongin walks ahead, although Luhan is supposed to be the one leading the way. "Sehun's my soulmate. You ought to respect our relationship." Jongin says, hoping to relay his earnest emotions to Luhan. He's never been in such a position, but he doesn't want to make things awkward too. "Luhan?" Jongin calls, only to find the other missing when he turns around.

"Luhan!" Jongin goes after the other, stopping at an intersection. "Luhan!" he yells again, avoiding the Neptunes when they send him a glare. Of course they would. He's screaming his lungs out in the middle of the road and Luhan is still nowhere to be seen. "." he curses, tiptoeing to see the male clearly.

Neptune is dusty and greasy. There's so much dirt on the road and the air is thick. The people of Neptune have anger and tiredness in their eyes. They clearly know Jongin is an outsider and they don't look too happy about it. Jongin avoids looking them in the eyes. He should avoid unnecessary attention. Again, looking around, Jongin tries to look for Luhan.

"Where on Earth..." he mumbles only to be pulled aside harshly.

"The have you been?" Luhan scolds and drags him towards another route. "You vanished. Look around, will you!"

"Why are you screaming at me?!" Jongin yells back, pulling his hand out of Luhan's grip. "I was in front of you! You're supposed to tell me if I am going the wrong way!"

Luhan rolls his eyes and shushes him, "Quiet!"

"Why? Where are we going?" Jongin follows the Zerth as Luhan guides him out of the polluted path. He keeps his eyes trained and focused on where he's going, remembering every landmark. It'll be easier to escape later on if he remembers the way he came. All the old stone buildings change appearance as they walk further into a better path.

"Is this the main city?" Jongin asks again, looking at a better version of Neptune, but it's not the best version. The grease, dust and ruckus are distinct. On his left, there are broken buildings and monuments, piled up iron and steel, and ashes of leftovers. As they walk further, a big box shaped building comes into view. There are twelve huge pillars, carved paintings on the walls and a giant-sized door.

"This is the mansion." Luhan says, walking straight towards the door.

"Wait." Jongin holds him. "We're going straight in?"

"Yes. That's the plan, isn't it?"

Yes, that is the plan. But Jongin did not expect them to barge into the mansion without knowing the building properly. They should study the map, entrance and the security force. From where they are, he could easily count ten armed men by the giant door, glaring at everyone who walks in.

"They're not checking the visitors." Jongin shares. Luhan had said the same thing too and the other points to a smaller door, hidden from the public's gaze. The smaller door will be easier to access and they'd be safe from the security force. "I think we should go through the big door. Let's not be easy suspects. We should blend in and be visitors."

"Okay. Let's be a couple and walk-in." Luhan smirks and tries to hold Jongin's hand.

"We can be friends." Jongin walks and glances at the other when Luhan walks next to him.

"Do you really think you're in love with Sehun or you're in love with him because he's your soulmate?" Luhan asks, annoying him with the question. Jongin doesn't answer immediately, but he ponders over it.

"I liked him even before I knew he is my soulmate." Jongin remembers getting head over heels with Sehun's first look; he was in his full uniform, sunglasses. His physique was delicious and with Leo next to him added to charm. It was definitely love at first sight.

"What if he dies today? Are you both still soulmates?" Luhan asks, dropping a bomb onto Jongin's emotions.

The Earthian stops and glares, dropping his playful mood to remind Luhan to watch his tongue and to stay in his line. "Do not cross the line, Luhan." He grits, clenching his jaw, but to his surprise the male from Zerth isn't fazed by his warning.

"," Luhan chuckles, "you can seriously be so hot and cute." Luhan leans closer and pushes back, chuckling like he realized something. "I am so right now, sweetheart." Luhan pushes his thick hair back and, "Have you slept with him? Is he good in bed? I can please you more than he can."

"Are you riling me up on purpose?" Jongin asks, but he regrets asking a second later. He should have guessed and now, knowing Luhan wants to sleep with him, scares the living out of him. Ignoring the other, Jongin walks up the marbled stairs to the gigantic door. The guards looked at him but none moved to check him. Imagine having commoners and visitors in the main mansion and not enforcing security; people like him with missions can simply walk in with firearms and weapons. Not that he cares – it's not his place of living, not his people and not his defence management.

Jongin follows the public to the only path made available. He looks around; up, down, left and right, behaving like a genuine visitor. It's a hall of fame. There aren't pictures of what Neptune looked like before, but th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter