season ii, episode xii

things left unsaid

It’s done now. Joo Dantae’s in his way to being imprisoned. I’ve finally reconciled with my children. I can’t believe things are going well for me again. Maybe now’s the right time for us, Yoonhee.

 

Not until Logan said that Yoonhee has been missing.

 

“What if she does something drastic?”

 

The things that immediately entered my mind when he said that was enough to make me jump out of my hospital bed and quickly make my way to Yoonhee’s home. My mind was in shambles. We’ve come this far. I need you to be safe, Yoonhee.

 

The horror that I felt after arriving to her place and finding it empty almost made me want to collapse. This couldn’t be happening.

 

“Why are you doing this? You’re scaring me.”

 

My blood ran cold when I saw a letter addressed to me. Logan called me to say that Yoonhee wasn’t at Rona’s grave as well and that took out all the hope in me.

 

“I’ll take my punishment. This is my last act of forgiveness for you. Goodbye.”                                                                                                                                       

 

I felt like my soul left my body. I didn’t think it was possible to feel so much hurt all at once that I wished I could just go numb. You can’t do this Yoonhee, I have a lot of things to say that you still haven’t heard. You can’t just take away all the chances I thought I had.

 

Yoonhee, I don’t know where you are or what you plan to do but please don’t. Please keep yourself safe. Rona needs to see you again. I need to see you again.

 

I’ve been broken too many times before and I thought I’ve just finished putting myself back together again. But Yoonhee, just thinking about living in a world where you don’t exist is more than enough to break me once more.