season i, episode xiii

things left unsaid

Another thing I couldn’t say then was how sure I was that she was the most beautiful person I’ve ever laid my eyes on when she walked in that night. When I picked that dress, I knew it would suit her but my imagination wasn’t even close to how breathtaking she looked. She walked in with an aura of confidence around her that made everyone stop and stare at her.

 

With every passing day, Yoonhee has never failed to show me how amazing she is. And in time, I’d tell her everything I think of her but for now as I usually do, I settle with giving her a reassuring smile that she always gives back.

 

The night pretty much went sideways after that and I found myself with Yoonhee in a corner. This was becoming our routine, finding solace in each other when in the midst of a chaos. She placed one hand on my knee and said, “Don’t mind what Cheon Seojin said. The whole word knows how hard you tried.”

 

She eventually grabbed my hand, another attempt to comfort me, and added, “It must have been so hard for you all this time.”

 

To that, I only let out a sigh and gave her a small smile.

 

I couldn’t say it then but I think things were hard for me because I feel like I was doing everything on my own. But now, you are making things easier and a little bearable for me, Yoonhee.