season ii, episode xi

things left unsaid

“You look like a backstabber. A betrayer.”

 

I knew that hit too close to home when I saw how you looked away from me, the pain in your eyes clearly evident by the reminder of what you once did. I couldn’t say it then but it was hard for me to cause you pain, Yoonhee.  I knew you already regret it. But I still needed to do this.

 

“Oh Yoonhee. I know this sounds crazy, but can you trust me for once?”

 

“Forget it. I don’t trust you.”

 

There was no reason for me to get hurt because of that. You see me as someone who’s on Joo Dantae’s side and doesn’t care about anything as long as I get money out of it. But hearing you direct those words to me pained me more than I can ever imagine, Yoonhee.  

 

I knew showing you the necklace would change your mind. I also threw in the exact same words I once said to you from a long time ago, tried to see if you’d realize anything. And judging by the look in your face, you did. You actually realized everything.

 

I tried to ignore you as you chased the car I was in and I couldn’t say it then but that was one of the hardest things I ever had to do, Yoonhee. I swore to myself that I’d do anything to fix what’s broken between us and I’d never turn my back to you again. Even if you find yourself doing the same thing before. I can forgive you easily.  

 

Because Yoonhee, after everything, I am still holding on to that promise we made.

 

And even fter everything, I know I shouldn’t still want you, but the thing is I do. I want you so bad it hurts. But this isn’t the time yet. Maybe the next one would be the right one.