season iii, episode iii

things left unsaid

“You still don’t trust me?”

 

I was sorry that you had to feel like that, Yoonhee. I knew deep in my heart that I trusted you

 

I didn’t know when and how the doubts came back but I knew it was there. Maybe it was Cheon Seojin and the other Hera Club members manipulating me to think badly of you. Or maybe I was fooling myself all along that I’ve forgotten what you did when in fact I lay awake at night thinking how different my life would’ve been if Seola was still alive. Maybe it was all the ‘what ifs’ lingering in my mind that had me feeling like this. I honestly don’t know what to believe anymore, Yoonhee.

 

It was killing me inside, just thinking about the possibility of you betraying me again.

 

I didn’t want to lie but I thought it would be easier this way. So I looked at you and said, “I do.” I tried putting on a convincing smile but it was hard. I just wished you didn’t see through me at that moment. Because God knows I wasn’t ready to talk this out with you.

 

I couldn’t say it then but Yoonhee, my head’s been filling with doubts again. Doubts about you and what you can do. And it has been scaring me because I don’t know how I’d survive if we ended up hurting each other once more.