season iii, episode iv

things left unsaid

“Did you know Oh Yoonhee bought bought Cheong-A Art Center’s shares?”

 

“A rumor’s spreading in Hera Palace, that Yoonhee took 10 billion of Logan’s money.”

 

I may have walked out on Cheon Seojin that afternoon but the things she said were constantly on my mind. Yoonhee, just what exactly are you doing?

 

 

When we met that day, you told me that you got the investment from someone you know. I didn’t know if that was supposed to help my suspicions or not but I decided to let it go for now as the conversation switched to Seokkyung.

 

“I don’t understand how someone can use their children to this extent.”

 

It was like something clicked in your mind when I said that. You grabbed my hand just like the way you always did before as I tried to read what you were thinking.

 

“Unnie, there’s something I haven’t been able to tell you.”

 

The sincerity that I saw on your eyes was almost enough for me to send Baek Junki away that moment but you insisted that you were leaving.  

 

I couldn’t say it then but just like what happened years ago, I didn’t want you to leave. Not when it seemed like you had something important to tell me. I didn’t know what it was but at that moment I wanted you to stay. Because maybe, whatever you were about to tell me would end all the doubts I’ve had for you. I just desperately want something to hold on to, Yoonhee. Anything.

 

“I’ll talk to you soon, unnie.”

 

I’ll wait, Yoonhee.

 

 

The day when we had breakfast together, I felt like time flew way too fast. I think it was always that way between us. We talk about a lot of things, conversations were always easy, and the next thing I know you already had to leave. Even I had forgotten to ask you what you were supposed to say the other day.

 

That night, you called and said you had something important to say and that you were coming over. That was enough to make me feel anxious. I couldn’t help but think that this was the same thing you were about to tell me before. It didn’t help that Cheon Seojin was also there.

 

I needed some quiet, just some time for me and my thoughts so I told Seojin,“I’ll tell you everything when Yoonhee arrives.”

 

Except you didn’t arrive that night.