Ten

Take Notes (and study hard)
Yoongi will kill a motherer. His phone won’t shut up, politely informing him that there are unread text messages awaiting his attention. Normally, his phone gives up after five minutes – so either someone is desperate for his attention, or...

It’s not his phone.

Yoongi’s relieved that he at least recognises the phone, in that ugly, chunky case designed to protect against even the biggest of falls. He had not accidentally stolen someone’s phone, thank god.

Namjoon’s phone vibrates again, lighting up as it rattles its way across the surface. Yoongi glares at the name, wishing for death. Hobi~

Yoongi is not going to be sleeping again after this, which makes death more than reasonable. He swings his legs over the side of the bed and stifles a groan.

Namjoon’s dead to the world, laying askew on his bed with limbs in all directions and mouth wide open. Yoongi’s phone sits pleasantly atop a stack of books, charging because Namjoon is disgustingly way too good for Yoongi and always makes sure Yoongi’s got every tool to succeed like some kind of angel reborn.

Fortunately, Namjoon is also the most obvious person to ever exist on this planet. Punching 0412 into the number pad, he settles on the edge of Namjoon’s bed (minding Namjoon’s bare foot sticking out from underneath the covers – and slightly unnerved by the other foot tucked snuggly in a sock. Weirdo).

 

~~

 

Meanwhile...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoongi obliges, reaching across Namjoon to snag his own phone (and maybe perhaps waking Namjoon in the process, whoops). Opening the Tumblr app is stupidly written into his subconscious now, thumb moving deftly over the screen like it has so many times before.

Namjoon mumbles something into his pillow and kicks Yoongi lightly, but Yoongi ignores it.

 

 

Namjoon stretches grossly behind him and moans like some weird star (not that Yoongi would know, of course). His hand flaps across the table in search of his phone until Yoongi graciously redirects him to where it lies on the bed, still unlocked and open to the group chat.

 

 

 

 

This is totally not okay and Yoongi is very much not okay. Of course he’d muted the notifications on his Tumblr post, of course he’d miss this update. This is nothing new to the World of Yoongi and his infinite misfortunes.

It takes Yoongi a moment to find the messenger hidden within the app, fumbling awkwardly through the navigation. He winces when he sees the unanswered messages from Jimin lying in his inbox, chewing on his lip as he finally taps out his own end of the one-sided conversation. He tries not to think about it too much, sending the messages without hesitation before his brain can really take inventory of the situation.

 

 

~~

 

Jimin doesn’t respond until later that day. It should be nothing, but Yoongi can’t help but feel everything.