February

JR3: The Way I Loved You

It's natural for humans to make mistakes. We are born with the sense of judgement but not perfection. I made many mistakes in the past. It's so strange looking back.. but those mistakes made me become who I am now. Those mistakes taught me lessons. Lesson 1: Learn your goal before competing.

 

Arin

 

Day 9 since the call.

 

Arin didn't understand what Jiho meant until the day before the party came. They all met at that large indoor gym where the event is suppose to happen. She understood what "womenpower" meant when Jiho entered the gym with Seunghee and Mimi saying they came to help.

 

Now, the seven girls are standing awkwardly staring at each other; basically waiting for anyone to break the uncomfortable silence. 

 

"Uhh. Awkward." Seunghee spoke, with a grin on her face she looked around the venue. It really is big for the four girls to work alone. That's why I was hopeless.

 

"Hyojung," Seunghee called the leader who raised an eyebrow. Arin shook her head, realizing the chaos that's about to happen. Arin walked away from the group and started taking the materials from the doorway.

 

"Just so you know, we're here to help as volunteers, not punishment."

 

"I'm not even saying anything."

 

Arin just tried to ignore the tension building up between the two archenemies. She was picking up the rolls of banner when someone helped her. 

 

It was Jiho. A smile instantly grew on Arin's lips when Jiho just casually carried the materials for her. The only thing left on the floor are the light ones. Arin kneeled down and places them on a paperbag but Yubin came and offered to help her as well. 

 

"Oh it's okay, I can do it." Arin smiles at Yubin. 

 

"Eh, I don't want to include myself to those girls' war." Yubin took the paperbag from Arin. 

 

Arin confusedly watched as Yubin and Jiho started organizing the materials on the table close to where the other girls are having their argument. 

 

She walks towards her bestfriend and Jiho and witnessed how Jiho and Yubin kept pushing each other. What's wrong with them? 

 

"Ya! It wasn't my fault you kept doing crazy things!" 

 

"You're always the one who suggest the punishments!" 

 

Arin shook her head with a sigh. Will we be able to finish this?

 

Jiho

 

"Hyun seunghee! You're wasting the glue!"

 

"Just! Trust me okay?! You kept yelling there you aren't even working."

 

"What did you just say?"

 

"I said stop standing there and help me!"

 

Hyojung and Seunghee have been yelling at each other like that for hours now. It's almost 7 PM and they're still working. After Jiho finished setting up the banner, she walked back to the middle of the gym where Arin and Yubin are working together on the raffle box. Jiho shook her head when Yubin gave her a look.

 

Removing the attached cuts of adhesive tape on her arm, Jiho walks closer to Arin and when she reached her, she pokes the girl's shoulder.

 

"I'm done with the banner." Jiho informs the girl. Yubin didn't say anything as she and Arin are still busy.

 

"Oh thank you so much, Jiho. I'll tell you if there's another one to do." Arin says with a tired smile although she wasn't looking at Jiho. Arin was sweating, Jiho noticed. And so, she pulls her handkerchief out of her pocket and offered it to Arin. 

 

"Wipe your sweat." Jiho tells the girl.. Arin looked at the handkerchief and takes it shyly. Jiho smiled when she saw the blush forming Arin's cheeks. Her smile faded when she met Yubin's glaring eyes.

 

Jiho sits back on the chair near the table and waits patiently. The presence of Yubin is actually annoying for her but she tries to keep it down. She badly wants to go home too. I don't even know why I'm doing this much.

 

Looking around the place, it looks much of a party venue now after 2 hours of working.

 

Mimi and Yooa are a good team. They paired up according to Hyojung's command. Jiho unfortunately had to work by herself being someone who can do work by herself, Hyojung insisted she works on the banner. She had no choice but to follow even when she badly wants to hang out with Arin.

 

They're almost done soon. After Jiho's 5-minute rest, she helped Hyojung and Seunghee instead because the two kept fighting. 

 

The whole time, she kept glancing and waiting for Arin to be free but she always has something new to do and Yubin had been following the girl, part-time giving Jiho mad glances which irritated her more.

 

-

 

Jiho was sitting on the bleachers watching Arin working with Mimi and Yooa this time. After a few moments, she saw Mimi and Yooa walking away from Arin and there's Yubin approaching the girl of Jiho's interest. Oh?

 

In a blink, Jiho stood up. Seeing Yubin getting solo time with Arin made her walk to include herself to their conversation.

 

"Let me help." She heard Yubin but she still has a few steps left.

 

"Thanks ugh I'm glad we actually finished this." That was Arin wiping the sweat on her forehead using Jiho's handkerchief.

 

"Well, thanks to your planning." Yubin says while patting Arin's shoulder. The younger girl giggled. 

 

"Hi." Jiho says as she stood between Yubin and Arin. Arin chuckles at Jiho's awkward hand waving. 

 

Yubin rolls her eyes and ignored Jiho. "By the way, Arin, you're my date tomorrow. Okay?"

 

Uh? I'm literally standing here.

 

Then Jiho realizes. And what about it? It's not like you asked Arin, Jiho. Jiho internally hits her head.

 

Arin just smiled and stepped back from the table. Jiho stared at the girl, also waiting for her response. Arin looked at Jiho and said,

 

"Let's clean up!" 

 

Jiho grinned not hearing a response from Arin about Yubin's question. And like the usual, she received another glare from Yubin. 

 

"She's going with me tomorrow." Yubin says and left Jiho alone on the table. Damn it. 

 

"Well?" Mimi asks as they all scanned the now decorated gym. The other girls are standng together around the table while Jiho is busy helping Arin cleaning up, picking the pieces of paper on the floor. 

 

-

 

"Thanks for helping guys." Jiho thanked her friends Mimi and Seunghee as they walked out of the gym. The officers are still inside and the three head out after Hyojung told them. 

 

"I seriously hate Hyojung." Seunghee replied but with that mischievous smile on her face. Mimi pulls Seunghee and Jiho closer to her by grabbing their shoulders.

 

"We can skip morning classes tomorrow!" Mimi said as if it's the best news. The three chuckled and started walking. Jiho was pretty occupied about Arin earlier but she's glad her friends have no complaints.

 

"Jiho!" The three looked back at the voice calling Jiho's name-- Arin. She saw Yubin, Hyojung and Yooa behind the girl and must be going to exit on the other university gate. She's walking with us?

 

Jiho never thought of Arin's house even when they talk a lot. It just didn't come to her mind to ask Arin after all the interruptions.

 

Seunghee and Mimi pulled away from Jiho and started walking ahead while Jiho waited for the hopping Arin. 

 

"Sorry we couldn't talk earlier while working. You really helped a lot." Arin says, clinging on Jiho's arm. Jiho remembers the thing about Yubin today.

 

"Always here to help." She responded plainly. There are many things bothering Jiho that moment. Yubin as Arin's date tomorrow. Am I going to the party tomorrow? Why am I doing this much for Arin? Why is Arin clinging on me-- She's too cute.

 

"Why are you so down? Are you that tired?"

 

"Me? Aha no."

 

"You are." Arin pouts and Jiho immediately looked down on the ground. Will not let that work on me.

 

"Maybe I'm just tired." Maybe Yubin ruined my mood. Having someone else taking Arin's attention away from me is already bad enough. What more if that person used to be your girlfriend?

 

Arin stopped walking. Jiho did too, just because Arin is clinging on her. She has no choice. 

 

"What's wrong with you?" ??? Jiho furrows her eyebrows, facing Arin. 

 

"Nothing. Really." 

 

Jiho sensed Arin is getting annoyed. What did I do?? Arin rolls her eyes and let go of Jiho's arm, walking ahead of the confused girl. 

 

"Hey!" Jiho starts jogging to follow Arin but the girl is ignoring her now. 

 

"What? Robot." Arin pushes Jiho's shoulder and Jiho laughed hopping back next to Arin. 

 

"I'm not a robot!" 

 

"Then you're an idiot."

 

"Just say you miss talking to me."

 

"I miss talking to you." 

 

"Is what I'll say when I lie." Jiho held her chest, acting in pain at Arin's banter. At least Arin is smiling now.

 

Jiho smiled and continued walking with the girl. 

 

"Who says you can walk with me?"

 

"Who says I'm walking with you?"

 

Arin raises her fist, ready to hit Jiho again but Jiho wraps her hand around the girl's fist. In the end, they held each other's hand while walking. 

 

Suddenly, 

 

"Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me~" 

 

"But bear this in mind, it was meant to be~"

 

"Hey shut up!" Jiho tells her two friends singing behnd them. I almost forgot these two are here. Seunghee and Mimi laughed at Jiho and went to mind their own business.

 

Arin was giggling all along. She seem to be enjoying this. 

 

"Sorry about them." Jiho apologizes for the obvious reason.

 

"You're not attending classes tomorrow, right?" Jiho raised her eyebrow at Arin's question but grins after. Arin must be listening earlier. 

 

"Yes I'll sleep the whole day." That's Jiho's option now that Arin is going with Yubin tomorrow.

 

"You're not coming to the party?" 

 

"No, I told you I love staying at home." 

 

"But you helped us working on it." 

 

Yes, I helped you. I did all those things. I really hated Yubin today. I want to win you so bad. I want to ask you to be my date. 

 

Jiho didn't say these things. She didn't know why she thought of all these. 

 

"You're welcome." Jiho let go of Arin's hand as she has to say goodbye to her friends. 

 

"Take care Arin and Jiho!" 

 

"See you tomorrow!" Jiho chuckles and shrugged at Mimi. She's really leaning more on the 'not attending the party' decision.

 

When she turned around, she's met with Arin's glare. "What again?!" 

 

"Can't you just attend for me?" Huh?

 

"I can't. You already have your date." Jiho walks ahead, feeling embarrassed that the conversation has gone to this topic.

 

Arin giggles, following her. "You're jealous of Yubin? Wasn't she your ex?"

 

Jiho stopped walking and faced the girl questioning, how did she know?

 

"Of course I know, I asked her to tell me about you." Arin says and they started walking again, now with obvious distance from each other.

 

"I was going to tell you but I thought it didn't matter." Jiho confessed. Not that she thinks Yubin is irrelevant, but it's all in the past and she and Arin clearly has something going on now-- in the present.

 

Arin gave her a smile. "I know, I don't really mind."

 

Jiho didn't reply, she's suddenly not sure what to say. I just want to be her date instead of Yubin.

 

"So weird when you're quiet like this." Arin says with a soft chuckle, maybe trying to ease the awkwardness. Soon, they must have reached Arin's house which is about a block before Jiho's.

 

Jiho just smiled at Arin. "I didn't know you live near me." 

 

"You're coming to the party tomorrow." Arin says- more like commanded. Jiho immediately shook her head in denial but Arin walked closer to her. 

 

Until they're just a few centimeters apart from each other, Jiho didn't blink. She just stood there, heart's going crazy as Arin held on her shoulders and leaned to give her a soft kiss on her cheek.

 

"I'll see you tomorrow." Arin whispered and Jiho was so sure Arin had been blushing hard the whole time. Jiho could even feel Arin's hands trembling above her shoulders. Why is she so cute when she tries like this?

 

"Goodnight Arin."

 

"Goodnight Jiho."

 

My heart is in serious trouble.

 

-

 

Arin, 10:13 p.m. : Are you home?

 

Jiho, 10:15 p.m. : missing me already?

 

Arin, 10:15 p.m. : You didn't text me :/

 

Jiho, 10:16 p.m.: miss secretary is now checking on me, huh?

 

Arin, 10:16 p.m. : Don't flatter yourself.

 

Jiho, 10:17 p.m. : your kiss earlier was pretty convincing

 

Arin, 10:17 p.m. : You make it sound like i kissed you ><

 

Jiho, 10:18 p.m. : uh? you did though!

 

Arin, 10:18 p.m. : Just come to the party

 

Jiho, 10:26 p.m. : can i convince you not to come

 

Arin, 10:26 p.m. : What? I can't do that. I'm part of the club.

 

Jiho, 10:28 p.m. : you really want to come to that party?

 

Arin, 10:28 p.m. : Apparently, I have to. 

Arin, 10:28 p.m. : Although

Arin, 10:28 p.m. : Party isn't really my thing.. I don't enjoy being in crowded places.

 

Jiho, 10:30 p.m. : i'll be with you.

 

Arin

 

"CHOI ARIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!!" 

 

"ARIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!!!"

 

"MISS CHOIIIIIIIII"

 

What the hell? Arin had to jump off her bed when she realized who owns the voice calling her from outside.

 

Jiho texted her earlier that she'd come to pick her up by 7 PM. It's 7:04 and Arin have been waiting for an hour already. She just thought Jiho is coming later than 7 so she tucks herself in bed and listened to music.

 

Arin hurriedly walked out of her house, she has her parents' permission about this party knowing she's a part of the student affairs and her parents support her.

 

"Why are you shouting like that?" Arin laughs as she closes the gate behind her. Jiho chuckles and showed Arin the microphone she was holding. 

 

"I wasn't shouting at all." Arin laughs harder and shyly takes Jiho's hand. 

 

"You're so weird." Arin tells her and the grin never left Jiho's face as they started walking together. Holding hands could be our thing. 

 

"Sorry, I'm late for like 4 minutes, I prepared something." 

 

Something?

 

"It's alright though. No one actually comes the exact time they said they will." Arin just said that out of nowhere, she chuckles seeing Jiho's confused face again. She does this all the time to tease Arin.

 

"Someone hurt you?" Jiho jokes. Arin already told Jiho almost all the best highlights of her life. Some would say they're going too fast but.. they don't have a label other than being friends who talk to each other all day, all night.

 

"No, it's just a thought pff"

 

Jiho brought Arin in a classroom behind the school gym. At first, she thought Jiho has something to pick up there but when she opened the door,

 

"What.. is all of these?" Arin asks in awe. Jiho held her hand as they entered the room. 

 

"Well." Jiho let go of Arin's hand and hopped on the center of the room and picked up a balloon. 

 

"Just you and me, confetti, decorated the room.. wrote your pretty name on the board, balloons, blues.. and pinks.. And uh, music.. from the gym?" Jiho spreads her arms showing off the details of their mini party room that she must have prepared

 

Jiho did all of these for Arin.

 

Her smile.. she's driving me crazy.

 

"Yewon."

 

"Huh?"

 

"Yewon's my real name,"

 

Jiho smiled wide. God that charming smile.

 

"Okay, Yewon.. I'll correct the name on the board later." Jiho says and Arin's heart feeling so light and in love is so evident in her blushing cheeks. "Do you like it?"

 

"I love it." She whispers as she picks up a balloon. Jiho chuckles. "You should! I worked hard for this." 

 

Jiho shouldn't come closer to Arin because she wants to hug her right now. How is she so sweet? Yubin never mentioned Jiho is this sweet. 

 

All of these with Jiho, Arin couldn't describe how crazy fun things are especially when Jiho smiles at her. 

 

"So what are we gonna do here?" Arin dug her nails on the balloon she's holding and when it popped on her hands, she screamed and end up sitting on the floor full of balloons even when she's expecting it to pop.

 

Jiho laughed but still came to help her get up. "Careful, okay?" And Arin met Jiho's eyes as Jiho held her when she stood up from the floor.

 

Whatever this is, Arin is enjoying it so much.

 

"Hmm.." Jiho hummed and looked around. "We can take some food from the gym.. and obviously borrow their music. But,"

 

"You should dance with me first." Jiho grins and Arin just realized that the way Jiho is holding her waist is perfect for them to dance. 

 

"Um, no? I won't dance to upbeat songs!" Clearly, the music from the gym is still upbeat and even if it's just her and Jiho in that room, she still had the pride not to look like an idiot. 

 

But Jiho is pretty good at convincing.

 

"Come on! Feel the disco rhythm in your body." Jiho tries to persuade her, the girl is already moving her head and body to the song. Arin chuckles and stares at Jiho. Fine.

 

Arin's whole night belonged to Jiho only.

 

-

 

"Arin, where were you last night? Hyojung is pretty mad." That's Yubin already questioning her as she entered the office. She admits she must've forgotten to check her phone.. or decided not to check it the whole night she was with Jiho. When she went home, she saw the amount of missed calls from the president and it's already midnight by that time so Arin decided she'll just apologize in the morning.

 

Well, it's afternoon now. 

 

"I'm sorry, okay? I was going to text you-"

 

"Choi Arin!" Ah here it goes. 

 

"Where were you last night? You weren't answering my calls! Even Yubin's! I had to lower my pride and ask for that Hyun Seunghee's help because we needed people!" 

 

Arin sits down on her desk and covers her face with her palms as she tries her best to keep Hyojung's voice off of her head. She didn't get enough sleep, she can't handle the president's scolding anymore.

 

"I'm sorry.. I won't do it again, I promise." 

 

"Well you really shouldn't. Yubin talk to her." Hyojung left the office soon, Arin was sure she wouldn't if she had no classes coming.

 

Yubin sat across Arin. "Were you with Jiho?" 

 

Arin nodded. "Yes.. I'm sorry, I really forgot to text you." She genuinely apologizes. Yubin just nodded but Arin can tell that she's also upset. 

 

"You knew how important these event are for Hyojung. Let her calm down, it'll be okay." Arin sighs, she understands. 

 

"I was waiting for you the whole night too.." Arin knew, she feels sorry. "Do you like Jiho that much?" Yubin asks and with the mention of Jiho's name, a smile instantly grew on her face.

 

Should I say yes? It's obvious.. I like Jiho. But is this the right time to admit it?  

 

Before Arin could answer, Yooa came into the office. The girl looked at Yubin then to Arin. She only smiled at Yubin.

 

"Oh, hey Arin." Is she mad at me too? Arin pouts, it was so hard for her to get closer to Yooa when they first met. She doesn't want to draw any more distance between them because of her mistakes. 

 

"I'll see you later." Yubin tells her before taking her bag and leaving the office with Yooa. 

 

Frustrated about all the things that happened in the past 20 minutes, Arin checks her phone. Still nothing.

 

Nothing from Jiho. Arin thought it was weird that Jiho has no good morning text but if she could remember it right, Jiho has a class by this hour and she should be at school now. 

 

Arin wanted to ask Jiho to eat with her but since the girl is missing in action, Arin is eating silently and alone at the cafeteria.

 

She wasn't in the mood at all to even talk to anyone maybe because she's upset that Jiho is ignoring her until she heard a noise from the table across hers.

 

"Get up. This is our table." Kim Mihyun and Hyun Seunghee. As expected, Jiho isn't with them. Again, Arin never had any thoughts of associating herself with these two but for some reasons, she wants to go there and join the them.. and probably ask where Jiho is.

 

"Oh hi Arin. Sit with us." Mimi pats the seat between her and Seunghee but Arin sat across the two instead. 

 

"Hello Jiho's girlfriend, what can we do for you?" Arin blushed at how Seunghee referred to her as Jiho's girlfriend when in fact, she is not. At least she wants to be.

 

"Jiho isn't answering my texts and calls."

 

"Oh.. Jiho isn't with us if you can't tell." Mimi says with sarcasm. Arin heaved a deep breathe being patient with them. She now knows why Hyojung is always pissed at these two.

 

"Yeah. Do you know where she is?" Arin is slowly getting a hold of conversing with Mimi and Seunghee.

 

"Sorry, we don't."

 

Mimi and Seunghee started eating. Arin sighs, there's no point talking to these two. Suddenly, she wants to go back to her former table.

 

"Arin, when did you and Jiho start talking?" Arin got confused with the sudden random question from Mimi.

 

"Uh.. more than a week?" It has been.

 

"We, as Jiho's tired friends, advise you not to call her. She does this all the time. No offense meant."

 

"Does what?" Arin gets more and more confused. Is this the same thing Yubin is telling her?

 

"Um, ghosting?" Seunghee and Mimi said that like it's the obvious thing.

 

And when it all became clear to Arin, her confusion turned into disappointment. She's devastated.

 

-

 

More than a week. Jiho was gone and Arin never complained about it. All she did was wait for Jiho to text back. 

 

Arin, 3:38 p.m. : Just so you know, this will be my last text.

 

Jiho, 3:38 p.m. : i'm outside your house.

 

Even when Jiho basically didn't say a word to her.. No sign of her-- even her shadow for days. Arin still got up from bed and walked out of her house. Noted in mind to keep her cheeks from going up high from excitement.

 

There, Jiho was. Standing outside her gate, in plain white shirt and denim jeans, leaning on a dark blue car behind her. With that foul grin on her face. Foul- Arin already wants to forgive her even if she hasn't apologized yet.

 

"Jiho sent me here to say.." Jiho speaks in third person. Arin chuckles and walks to her.

 

"That she's sorry because she was sick and she-" Arin stopped Jiho by hugging her neck and burying her face on the taller girl's shoulder. I miss you.

 

"I'm really sorry.. But you have to let me go," Huh? Arin pulled away from Jiho and looked at the girl with confusion. No..

 

Jiho chuckles. "I mean- let go of my neck so I could talk." Arin laughs and hits Jiho's shoulder. Thank god.

 

"Glad you're dressed up. Come with me, I'm going to my nephew's birthday." Jiho opened the passenger's seat and looked at Arin. It's her car?

 

"It's a gig actually. I'll drive us to the event." Jiho added. 

 

"Are you serious?" Arin hopped in Jiho's car and waited for Jiho. Never thought she'd be hotter. She couldn't help but stare at Jiho holding on the steering wheel. 

 

"What? I know how to drive okay." Jiho replies in defense.

 

"I mean.. you're inviting me to your nephew's birthday party?" It's so personal, Arin suddenly feels entitled. 

 

"Yeah. Why not?" Um.. yes Arin, why not? Arin asks herself. Why is Arin so distracted about Jiho, why can't she stop thinking about taking things seriously with Jiho? It's Seunghee and Mimi's fault for telling her those things. Now, all she wants is to not let Jiho leave her.

 

"How about Seunghee and Mimi?"

 

"Oh. Actually, they're the MCs, we'll meet them there."

 

Arin looks at the back seat and saw Jiho's backpack and a camera. "You didn't tell me you take pictures?"

 

"Uh, I'm the photographer." Arin nods slowly. Still many things to learn about you.

 

-

 

"So, what do you think?" Jiho asks as they entered the venue. 

 

Arin chuckles as she sees the kids running around. "Well, looks fun?"

 

"I'll introduce you to my sister and her family later after the event. I'll just take pictures and will join you for dinner. I promise. Just-" A kid came, excitedly pulling Jiho's arm. Jiho looked at her like she's asking for permission to go.

 

"Okay, I'll try my best to act like I belong here." Arin waved at Jiho, giggling at how cute she is with a kid.

 

"You belong here! You're with kids like you!" Jiho shouted as she ran with the kids.

 

Arin sat down on the table with kids. At least she knows how to play with children. The whole event was fun in general, her day was so random.. She woke up waiting for Jiho's text this morning and the next thing she knew, she's here sitting with kids, listening to Kim Mihyun and Hyun Seunghee carrying the whole event with their witty emcee-ing. 

 

Jiho was so busy the whole time too. Once earlier, Arin saw her with a girl who somehow resembles her smile. Maybe she was Jiho's sister. 

 

"Since today is Sunday, why don't we make up the mood with Jiho's prepared song! Sunday Morning!" What.. now she sings? It must be Arin's birthday. She's definitely winning a lot of Jiho crumbs today.

 

The audience started clapping. Arin actually lost Jiho earlier and only saw her when the girl climed up the stage from the back. She looks so shy but the smile on her face is still so huge, Arin couldn't resist smiling as well.

 

"I apologize in advance but to lighten up the mood, why don't we all stand up?" Jiho says as she held the mic. Now, Arin is convinced these three are already doing this gig for so long. 

 

The familiar beat has started. Jiho taps her feet on the floor while holding the microphone. Some of the kids have stood up and jumped excitedly along the the sound. 

 

But things just get so crazy
Living life gets hard to do

 

Jiho's voice is like a honey. It's so soft.. and addicting. Things just get so crazy-- that teethy smile on her face is driving Arin crazy. 

 

And I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew
That someday it would lead me back to you

 

Jiho jumped off the stage and the kids clapping and cheering on her made way.. Arin only realized Jiho has been looking at her the whole time, and now she's walking towards me.

 

That someday it would lead me back to you

 

Jiho takes Arin's hand and with the kids chanting pressure, she follows Jiho. 

 

"Thanks." Jiho grinned at her and kisses her knuckles. Oh my god.

 

That may be all I need

 

Arin was lead to the stage and Jiho was holding her hand tightly, even making her turn around as she sings.

 

In darkness you are all I see

 

Jiho stole a kiss on Arin's cheek along those lines. PLEASE.

 

Come and rest your bones with me
Driving slow on Sunday morning
Well I never want to leave

 

Arin is fascinated, her heart racing the whole time. She gets more and more attracted to Jiho as she gets to know her more. Even Seunghee and Mimi who, together, always had a bad image in her head now comes close to being kind-hearted people for Arin.

 

 

"Hi Arin, why are you alone?" Arin smiles at Seunghee who sat next to her. She remembers their last talk, not really pleasing but still makes her worry.

 

"The kids want to play by themselves." Arin pointed at her former seatmates playing on the other side of the venue now.

 

Seunghee nodded and sipped on her coffee. "Jiho?" 

 

"Taking pictures." 

 

"Ohh yes."

 

After Jiho sang earlier, Seunghee and Mihyun hosted more games for the kids and then let the guests enjoy on their own-- like right now. Arin couldn't possibly describe how overwhelmed she is about what happened today. To add that Jiho told her this afternoon that she'll introduce her to the sister and the family? How can I calm down..

 

"Um.. I know we're not close.. But you're Jiho's friend." Arin decides to ask Seunghee. She really can't just keep all of these to herself. She hopes Seunghee can help.

 

"Yeah..?" Seunghee sips on her coffee once again. 

 

"Do you think she wants to be my ...girlfriend?" Arin hesitated saying the word but it's fine, I guess.

 

"Uh.. I don't know. I rarely see her hanging out with a girl this long. A month already, right?" Jiho, you are such a mystery. Even Seunghee doesn't know what to say, and it's the same 'Jiho doesn't hang out with a girl this long' thing again.

 

"She hardly tells us anything, especially about you. She tends to be secretive when it comes to girls."

 

Oh? Arin pouts, she knew how much Yubin hates it when she talks about Jiho but she still does talk about her. It's disappointing that Jiho isn't talking to her friends about.. this thing between them.

 

Arin nodded. She doesn't know what to say anymore.

 

"But I know she likes you enough that she brought you here."

 

Okay.. At least that made her feel better. 

 

"Here she comes. Don't tell her I told you that." Arin chuckles and saw Jiho walking towards her with the sister and the nephew behind her. 

 

She immediately checks how she looks on the screen of her phone. 

 

"Hey Seung, can I borrow Arin for a moment?" Jiho casually takes Arin's hand as they both looked at the innocent and unbothered Seunghee sitting right there. 

 

"Uh? She's your girlfriend, not mine." Seunghee scoffed at them before leaving to go to Mihyun at the food counter. Jiho laughs and Arin chuckles shyly. Girlfriend, I wish.

 

"Arin, this is my sister.. and my nephew, you were playing with him earlier." Arin nodded and smiled at them. She extends her hand and Jiho's sister takes it for a handshake. They have the same smile.

 

"Hello, you really are pretty. Jiho told us a lot about you!" Her sister giggle and Jiho pouts, is she being teased right now? Arin awkwardly tucks her hair strand behind her ear out of embarrassment. 

 

Jiho might never tell her friends anything about her lovelife, but she does tell her family about Arin.

 

Arin, 9:17 p.m. : Thank you for today, it was really fun <3

 

Jiho, 9:18 p.m. : sorry about my sister, she's really loud sometimes hahaha

 

Arin, 9:20 p.m. : It's okay! She's really nice <3

 

Jiho, 9:21 p.m. : why do you keep sending heart, you in love?

 

Arin, 9:23 p.m. : Maybe?

 

Jiho, 9:27 p.m. : that better be me.

 

Arin, 9:27 p.m. : What if it's you?

 

Jiho, 9:34 p.m. : calm yourself, i'm dangerous.

 

Arin sighs, reading Jiho's reply. And I'm willing to take a risk. 

 

Arin, 9:35 p.m. : I like you so much, Jiho.

 

Jiho, 9:40 p.m. : I like you more, oh no

 

Arin, 9:40 p.m. : Oh no.. what?

 

Jiho, 9:41 p.m. : you should let me sleep, i have classes tomorrow

Jiho, 9:41 p.m. : unless you want me to attend an Arin class, I'd ditch my morning class

 

Arin, 9:42 p.m. : Shut up! hahahahaha

Arin, 9:42 p.m. : Goodnight Jiho <3 

 

Jiho didn't reply anymore. Maybe she's asleep. She worked the whole day. It may be cheesy and Arin might look like an idiot but she returned to her homescreen where Jiho is her wallpaper, and gave it a kiss. Arin chuckles to herself and rolls her eyes. The things you make me do.

 

 

Jiho, 10:00 p.m. : I love you.

*message removed*

Jiho, 10:02 p.m. : see you in my dreams, yewonnie.