Her Friends...and New Friend

It's Music or Me?

 

(SeonHwan's POV)
 
I walked out of Mrs. Jung's office. I thought for a moment as I walked, letting my feet drag my body wherever they wanted.
 
Dang, sometime Mrs. Jung can be so unexpected. It's Cambridge we're talking about, it had been my dream to continue my study there. To be honest, I didn't feel smart nor genius, seriously. I just felt like a typical college student with average ability... with so much love for music. You can call me idiot or wierdo or anything, but even when I go to my bathroom I usually bring my iPod along with me. Nah, let me cover my ears, I don't care with your opinion~ Lalalala~
 
Okay, I'm wierd.
 
Back to the topic. Although it's Cambridge, although it's my dream to study there, there's always a problem,
LuHan.
 
Cih... I just wanted to explode when Mrs. Jung told me about that. AISH!!
 
But my father said, "Dear, if you're trusted to do something, then do it without doubt. Everything has its prize." Wait, my father... father.. my current  father.. never mind.
 
So, in my case, the 'something' is To make LuHan dream. The prize, Cambridge, Full Scholarship. Simple... IT SOUNDED!  But, I need to try, right? I hope LuHan wouldn't be such an --
 
"Aww!" I cried. Oh, I bumped into someone. Hh.. I thought too  much. I looked up, only to found The Goddess Sooyoung Sunbae-nim from SNSD standing in front of me with worried look. Kris' face immediately popped  into my mind.
 
"Oh my! SeonHwan! Are you okay??" She  worriedly asked me. Hehehe~ yes.. that Sooyoung from SNSD studied in the same university as mine. And yes, she knew me. Haha~ I didn't know I'm quite famous here 8D. LOL.
 
"Oh, Sooyoung sunbae-nim. I'm.. fine." I replied with a smile and rubbed my right shoulder. Students started to pay attention at the scene I made. Psh... I kind of hate it to be honest.
 
"Does it hurt?" She asked, touching my shoulder carefully. "Sorry, I didn't mean to--"
 
"No, no! It was my fault, No need to be sorry. I was just  thinking too much that I didn't even pay much attention to where I'm going. Hehe.." I waved my hands furiously, telling her not to be sorry.
 
Sooyoung sunbae-nim smiled and nodded, "You kind girl.. Okay, then. I gotta go, Bye~"
 
"Bye~~" I waved my hands once again. Feeling the students still looking at me, I shot them a confused look. "What? Something's wrong with me?" I asked them  while checking my clothes, hair and everything. Nothing's wrong. I looked up and they didn't stare at me anymore. Weirdos... I just shrugged my shoulders and continued to walk, but then realized where I was heading. Practice room? Aha! Smart feet of mine.
 
This room was the place where I and my friends usually  practiced and spent our time in. The university had about five practice room, but this room was rarely used. So we inderictly claimed this room as ours by spending our time there as much as possible. And enough for the monologue.
 
I placed my hand on the doorknob, slowly twisting it. I opened the door, smiling happily when I found out my friends were there, but then I was stoned when I saw LuHan, that Chinese guy, in the middle of them... Holy Angels, rip my eyeballs.
 
"Guys.." I called, sounded more like whispering. All of them turned their heads to my direction, including LuHan. Somehow, I noticed LuHan's face turned into relief as he sighed.
 
Baekhyun smiled widely at me, followed by Chanyeol with his creepy smile. "PARK SEONHWAAANN!!" They both shouted noisily and ran to hug me. I was startled by their action. "What is thi--"
 
"Yah, SeonHwan! I missed you so much!!" Baekhyun shouted near my ear with his annoying dolphin voice, making my eyes closed in instant. And I felt my left ear suddenly buzzed. I struggled, trying to release their tight hug that made me so hard to feel the air.
 
"Ahh me too, me too!" Chanyeol followed. He suddenly shook our bodies easily (since he's  a giant), making Baekhyun's body also got shook  by Chanyeol. "Yah, Yeol, you better stop it! I'm getting dizzy!" Baekhyun threatened.
 
"Yah! YOU TWO STOP IT!" I exploded after I managed to escape from their deathly hug.
 
Both of them smiled like mad and apologized, "Sorry, buddy~"
 
I shook my head frustrated, yet a wide smile glued on my face. Seeing their faces made me feel a lot better. I hadn't met them in two days.
 
I closed my eyes tightly and screamed, "BAEKHYUN CHANYEOL YIXING KRIS AMBER CHEN LUNA I MISSED ALL OF YOU SO MUCH!!"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Silent.
 
I opened my eyes, only to found them staring at me as if I was a wierdo. I looked at them in confusion. "No hug...?" I asked unsurely. I frowned when they didn't give a single answer.
 
Suddenly, Kris  walked towards me. He stood right in front of me. I smiled, showing him my shining teeth. I opened my arms widely, ready to recieve hug from him. But then he poked my forehead harshly, making me groan in pain. Aish!!
 
"Where have you been? 2 days..." He shook his head as if I was busted stealing money from a bank.
 
I smiled innocently at him, "I just want to tell you that I bumped into Sooyoung sunbae, your biggest crus--" Kris immediately covered my mouth with his big palm. He mouthed, "Yah! It's a secret!" then he hugged me in purpose to avoid the awkward atmosphere  in the room. He faked a laugh, "We missed you, too, SeonHwan~ Ahahaha.."
 
Awkward.
 
"Kris, let go. You're wierd." I said and he released  the hug.
 
I looked at my friends and looked at the lost LuHan. "Why is he here?" I asked.
 
Amber answered, " Baekhyun and Luna brought him here."
 
I raised my eyebrow and glared at Baekhyun, then Luna. They just smiled stupidly. "Well, I saw you two  playing guitar in the cafeteria, so I thought he was your friend." Baekhyun reasoned.
 
"He is not my friend." I hissed.
 
"So how did you know him?" Lay asked.
 
"I knew him through Mrs. Jung," I sighed, and continued with a whisper, "I'm his mentor."
 
"WOWOWOWOW~ You're his what?" Chen and Chanyeol asked with widened eyes.
 
"Mentor." I whispered, bowing my head. Amber walked towards me and put her arm around my shoulders. "Not surprised~" she sang. I looked up and laughed along with her.
 
"TELL US THE WHOLE STORY!" Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Chen barked. I sighed again and looked at LuHan who stood like a statue with awkward face. What's gotten into him...
 
So I decided to tell the whole story. Started from my song got rejected, Mrs. Jung chose Luhan's song, how I knew him, all. And they praised me, telling me how proud they were since they were my friends. And I didn't even know why they praised me.
 
Chanyeol approached LuHan and patted his shoulder proudly, "Finally, someone has defeated Park SeonHwan." LuHan moved his shoulder uncomfortably. "Ehh.. well, probably.." he replied, looking more awkward than before.
 
I knitted my eyebrows in confusion. Yes, I am confused. His face is too awkward. Something went wrong? He's different. He doesn't look cold, at all. His face shows a lost look. The way he act as if he is in different world... as if he never get used to such situation. Well what so wrong? It's just me  and my friends. It isn't like we would bite him or worse. My friends just want to know about him further...
 
"Why don't you introduce your self?" I asked him.
 
"W-What?" He looked at my friends who seemed to look forward to it. He cleared his throat nervously.
 
"Why don't we sit down, guys?" Luna suggested, we did as we were told. I sat beside Kris who put his arm around my shoulders comfortably while I crossed my arms, looking at LuHan, judging.
 
"Uh...ehm.." LuHan started, "I'm LuHan.. transferred student from Beijing, China.." Lay who sat near Kris started to do their high-five excitedly, knowing that LuHan was Chinese. LuHan continued again, "...I'm 21 years-old--"
 
"WHATT?!??!" All of us shouted, shocked knowing the fact that LuHan was 21 years-old.
 
"Yah!! Why didn't you tell me that you're older than me?" I asked, yelling.
 
"You?! Twenty-one!?" Lay yelped. "Geez, he even looks younger than me.." Amber pouted.
 
And after that, LuHan continued his long introduction (Because he was always interrupted by my curious friends). What my ears heard was just he telling them about where he lived, what faculty he was in, and stuffs. He didn't mention about his family, though.. If I were him, I wouldn't want to mention about it, too. I didn't listen to him, I didn't think it was necessary. After my friends were satisfied with his introduction, they started to feel hungry.
 
Chen stood up while rubbing his flat tummy, "Guys, aren't you hungry?" He whined.
 
Chanyeol stood up, too. "Why don't we go out after this?" He suggested. "Sounds good. I'm in," Luna replied. "Me too!" Amber, Baekhyun, and Lay barked in unison. 
 
"I'm in, too. You, sister?" Kris asked me. No, Kris wasn't my brother nor I was his sister. We just played like siblings because his presence always reminded me of my late brother.
 
I shook my head as a respond as I grabbed Kris' arm and put it off my shoulders. "I can't, sorry guys. It's already 4, Yeora hates being alone at home. Hehe~" I smiled stupidly at them. I patted Kris' shoulder, "Maybe next time, bro."
 
"Eii, tell her to grow up!" Baekhyun yelled. "Hyung, come with us!" Baekhyun asked LuHan friendly. "Ehm.. I still have something to do." was his reply. "But you should join us some other time, okay, hyung?" Chen asked with a smile. "I'll think about it." and LuHan gave him a small smile.
 
I stood up and grabbed my backpack. "So guys, have some fun. I'll go now! See you tomorrow!" I waved my hands and headed to the door. "Be careful on your way home!" Kris and Amber shouted. 
 
"Okay!"
 
 
I walked out of the room and guess what,
 
It was raining outside. God, your best scenario ever!
 
I abruptly ran to the university's gate and then to the bus-stop with my backpack barely covering my head. I don't care, I need to go home. I rarely bring an umbrella with me whenever I go. They said, prepare an umbrella before it rains. Well, that is not  Park SeonHwan.
 
After I finally reached the bus-stop, I looked at my wet clothes. "Aish!" I cleaned my wet backpack with my palm, failed of course. I gave up and hugged my body tightly, trying to heat it up. "WHY, should it raining?" I mumbled to myself. I suddenly sniffed. "Ohh... My God. I already catch a cold? Bus, where are you..." I sniffed again.
 
Then I saw the bus slowly coming towards me, bus-stop, to be specific. 
 
"God bless you, Bus." I sniffed and immediately hopped into the bus as soon as it stopped right in front of me.
 
I looked around in the bus. It's empty. I frowned, usually the bus would be full but it was empty instead. I just shrugged it off and walked to the back seat near the window. I sat on it and sniffed again. I think sleep isn't a bad idea.. I leaned my head on the window and closed my eyes as I positioned myself to sleep until I felt someone abruptly sat beside me.
 
I frowned and opened my eyes, rubbing them as I sniffed again. I looked at the human beside me in annoyance when I realized it was LuHan.
 
 
 
 
 
I widened my eyes.
 
"You! What are you doing here?!" I asked, panicking for no reason.
 
"Going home." He replied shortly. I looked at the wet LuHan and tsk-ing, "You didn't bring your umbrella, did you?" 
 
He turned his head and looked at me while he ruffled his wet hair. For other girls who looked at him right then, they must be dead for his y look. Well, not for me~ I don't like y guy, they're disgusting. Wait! Did I just say he's y? Ew, I wanna puke.
 
He leaned in and our eyes met. "What answer do you expect from me after seeing me wet like this?" He asked in a husky voice.
He looked at me sharply, so I did the same. We stayed in that position for two minutes and we didn't blink our eyes even once.
Feeling stupid, I pushed his cheekbone with my index finger, "You could've just say no." I mumbled, crossing my arms.
 
"Seems like you also didn't bring your umbrella, miss." He hissed and ruffled his dark brown hair again, trying to get rid of the water.
 
"So," I cleared my throat, "what do you think about my friends?" I asked.
 
I felt him stoned for a while, but then he responded, "Nice."
 
I nodded, "Ah, anyway where's your house?" I asked again. He raised an eyebrow, "Why, you want to come over?"
 
OH.MY.GOD. How could He created this kind of human.. I shook my head in disbelief, "It's not like that. We met at the bus-stop this morning, so I assumed your house is somewhere around there." I explained. LuHan nodded carelessly, "You guessed that right."
 
"Mine is around there there, too. It means our houses are close."
 
"You talk too much." He commented. I frowned, "I have mouth, so I have to use it before it stops functioning."
 
"But," I started again, "Don't you think it's wierd?" I asked him.
 
He looked at me, "What?"
 
"We're not awkward at all, don't you think so?" 
 
LuHan looked at me, amused, "I've been thinking the same, too!" He said excitedly and started to laugh like those people who have some mental issues. But the wierd thing was, I laughed too, along with him until my neck hurt. I was glad there were only the two of us in the bus plus the driver. The drive did his job of course, he wouldn't bother listening to us laughing.
 
"But," I snapped my finger, automatically stopping his laugh. "you were different when you were with my friends." I said. He frowned.
 
"I was watching you, you know." I crossed my arms. "You were different, I sensed it." I continued. His face softened as he spoke, "I... never have a friend back then."
 
I nodded my head and looked away, feeling uneasy inside. "Is that so..." I bitterly asked. Shouldn't have said that... "Sor--"
 
"But I think I won't be lonely anymore, because people here are nice...including the person beside me." He looked at me knowingly. I smiled to myself. He's actually a nice person, so why would he put that cold mask all the time and gave me such a bad first impression? I thought to myself.
 
I looked at him, smiling. "Well, since we're not officially 'friend', let's make it official. Me first! Annyeong haseyo, I'm Park SeonHwan. Let's be friends!" I introduced myself excitedly and bowed on my seat.
 
"What.. is there such a thing?" He chuckled and shook his head amused. "Okay. So.. Annyeong haseyo, I'm LuHan. Let's be friends!" He said in a nice manner. I smiled at him and clapped my hands excitedly, he smiled back. He offered his hand to me and I shook it. We pulled our hands in unison and we laughed because of it.
 
"Right! What should I call you? You're older than me anyway.."
 
"How old are you?" He asked. "I'm 19." I said. "Just add 'oppa' behind my name." He smiled, tempting me to smile back at him in the same way. I looked outside the window and realized that we were near our bus-stop, "Eo! We're near." I reported. "I know." He replied.
 
After the bus stopped at our bus-stop, I and LuHan hopped off the bus. 
 
"So, see you tomorrow at campus, LuHan oppa." I said emphasizing the word 'oppa'. 
 
He nodded and grinned, "See you tomorrow, mentor~" and he started to walk away.
 
"Don't forget to practice at home!" I yelled. He turned his back at me and walked backwards, raising both hands, giving a thumbs-up from the distance as the answer. I smiled and turned my back, heading to my house.
 
 
I snapped my fingers, realized that I hadn't sniffed in the bus since LuHan came!
 
I tilted my head. "Is he a healer or something? When I spent my time with him, I became healthier..." I murmured while walking.
 
"it's wierd.."
 
 
+to be continued+
 
Guys~ I updated!! *throws confetti, kiss Kyungsoo's cheek*
Well I brought you a long chappie~ I'm not sure if it's long enough tho.
Hope you guys have a good day, or good night~ 8D
And hope you guys enjoy the chapter ^^
 
Comments are loved, of course ;D
 
-huntedhunter