First Lesson (2)

It's Music or Me?

 

"Hey, wake up." I slapped her arm slightly. Aish, useless efford. The bus is empty right now and the driver was still waiting for both of us. "In a minute," I faked a smile at the driver as I slapped her arm once again. He only sighed and told me to wake her up as soon as possible. Tsk..  you do it yourself, old man.
 
I snapped my fingers, I got an awesome idea! Yahh you're so smart Lu Han, even Einstein stood up from his grave just to praise you. I shook my head to make the silly thought go away.
 
I took out my water bottle and poured some of the water on my palm. Haha, This is what you get if you pissed Lu Han off. Slowly I wiped her face with my wet palm as she shook her  head in annoyance.
 
She looked at me half-conscious. She blinked her eyes...
 
3,
 
2,
 
1.
 
Game on.
 
"Yah!!! You-"
 
"Fresh, uh?" I smirked to her and she made a face. "You told me to wake you up when we arrive." I continued and rolled my eyes, didn't even  want to see her reaction. I walked towards the driver and bowed my head, "Sorry for wasting your time, sir." I said politely. I walked out of the bus. My mentor following me behind and uttered sorry at the driver.
 
"Yah stop! You wet my hair!" She yelled and tried to chase me.
 
I just chuckled and keep walking towards the university's gate. I took a glance at my watch. Ten thirthy.. I still had plenty of time before my first singing class. I turned my back, just to check my mentor's existence. Oh? I thought she was following me behind.. I thought when I entered the university. I decided to wait for her, I didn't know why. Unreasonable action.
 
After 8 minutes full of boredom, she walked towards me with annoying expression sticked on her face.
 
"What are you doing?" She asked annoyingly.
 
"Where were you?" I asked back, avoiding her question because I didn't know what answer would fit it. If I said, "I was waiting for you~" that sounded... eww, like a love birds or something. LuHan! Come back to reality!
 
"Mrs. Jung's office. She gave me a schedule for both of us since I get the new title 'LuHan-ssi's mentor'." She chuckled and showed me the paper she held. I mentally laughed when she said LuHan-ssi's mentor. Yes, I know it showed her  polite side.. I just laughed, it sounded awkward to me.
 
"So..." She murmured while her hands opening the papers and  continued, "Let's go to the cafetaria." She half-heartedly said.
 
I furrowed my eyebrows, "Cafetaria?" I mumbled.
 
"So that I can eat while teaching you." She blinked her eyes. "Don't complain!" She snapped when I just opened my lips to speak.
 
"I'll take the guitars, stay here." She said and walked to the other direction.
 
What the hell...  I thought when I watched her walk like a snail, in slow motion. 
 
"Mentor! I'll go take them. Tell me the direction." She turned her back at me and showed me her dumbfounded face. "Hurry!" I yelled.  She hissed in annoyance and told me the direction. After I got the guitars, I carried them and walked side by side with her to the cafetaria.
 
"You can play guitar, right?" She asked, not facing me.
 
"Sure."
 
"I checked your profile, it said you lack emotions in playing instruments." She spoke.
 
"So?" I asked carelessly.
 
"So..." she faced my cold-yet-handsome face and continued, "today's lesson is about emotions."
 
 
We arrived at the cafetaria and sat on a random table since it was quite empty (just an info, we sat on the chairs). She ordered a bowl of porridge. She hasn't have her breakfast yet?
 
"It's okay, right?" She asked awkwardly. I just rolled my eyes and handed her one of the guitar, succeeded to make her annoyed.
 
And then she started to fix the guitar string. I saw her fingers moved from one string to another, making  some peaceful sound as she joyfully plucked the guitar strings with her right fingers. She played some chords rapidly. I didn't know  why but my body moved along with the melody she made. This is... good.
 
But suddenly she stopped, which made my body stopped instantly.
 
"Gotcha!" she snapped her fingers. I raised my eyebrow at her.
 
"What do you think about it?" She asked. I shrugged my shoulders, "Enjoyable." I told her.
 
"Nah! It means you felt the emotion I gave." She smiled a bit and nodded convincingly. "Confused?" She asked again. I just nodded.
 
Suddenly the bellboy brought the porridge she ordered earlier and placed it on the table. "Thank you." She uttered. "You're welcome." The bellboy smiled and went back to work.
 
SeonHwan took a spoonful of it, blowing it slowly and ate it. She opened and narrowed her eyes. "It's hot!" She whispered. She looked at me and blinked her eyes. "What?" I can't believe the fact that she's my mentor.
 
"Okay, back to the topic." She fixed her hair and continued, " You said it was enjoyable, right? So, joy is emotion. Everyone in this world must've felt joy in their lives." She started an explanation.
 
I nodded.
 
"Just now, I doubt you lacked in emotion." She knocked her index finger on her chin.
 
"Why?"
 
"Because you're an Aries! Well you see.. Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Lady Gaga.. they are Aries! Many people said and in fact, when Aries perform, they put all their emotions they have in mind. And the sad fact is that you! An Aries but lack in emotions... how sad." She told me a 'story'.
 
I don't even care with those Aries thingy.. "Why are you talking about horoscope?"
 
"No no no you don't understand. Hm.. Have you ever performed in front of many people?" She asked and took a spoonful of her porridge and ate it. She looked careless though she knew it was hot.
 
"Yeah." I answered shortly. "You were confident?" She asked again. "Of course."
 
"What did the audience gave you?"
 
"Applauses..?" I replied, not so sure.
 
"Was it great? the applause they gave you?"
 
"So-so." I knitted my eyebrows in confusion.
 
"Do you know why they gave you such reaction?" She asked me endlessly.
 
"And do you know the reason why you interrogating me like this?" I hissed annoyingly at her. She rolled her eyes and glared at me, "I'm giving you lesson, human. Answer me." She hissed back.
 
"I do not know. Tell me." This girl and her nonsense..
 
"The emotions. You didn't show it to the audience. I'm sure of it." She crossed her arm grumpily. "Now I want you to play the guitar. Play any song and sing." She commanded.
 
 
{Author's POV}
 
 
Then he started to play the guitar softly. I think I know this song.
 
"Yeogi kkaji inneun geot gathaseo 
naye gieogi..."
 
SM The Ballad... Love Again! The song matches his voice really well. SeonHwan envied him for having such a good voice. She kept her ears wide-open to hear his singing. She'd swore  to God that that was the softest voice she had ever heard. But no, something was missing. That's it. The emotion. He was just singing, emotionless. There he should stop.
 
"Stop right there." She commanded right away. He immediately stop. "What?" He snapped.
 
The girl sighed heavily. "You're too emotionless, LuHan-ssi." He stared at the ground blankly. "What do you want me to do, then?" He asked. "Just practice diligently!" SeonHwan punched his shoulder playfully, somehow making LuHan felt lighter at
heart. "I shall." He answered, secretly smiling.
 
She gazed at her watch. "My, time sure flies." She chuckled when she found out  that it was already eleven thirty.
 
Suddenly LuHan tilted his head to the side. "Aren't you mad at me?" He asked, gaining a questioning look on SeonHwan's face,
 
"About what?"
 
"Yesterday, about the song-"
 
"Don't talk about it." She said half-heartedly while she was packing her things into her backpack. "I already forgave you." She ate her porridge.
 
"Who said I was going to beg for your forgiveness." She clenched her fist  and gritted her teeth grumpily, she was going to punch him on the face. But she decided not to do it, it would be chaotic.
 
"Oh? I think I'm feeling better!" she murmured excitedly. She looked at her watch again and pulled out some cash from her wallet and put it on the table.
 
"You have class after this, right?" SeonHwan asked LuHan. He nodded, "Em, why?" he asked back. "Nope. Just asking. Anyway I'm going now! See you tomorrow!" She shouted and walked away with her backpack and guitar, leaving him alone with the unnotice smile on his face.
 
"He's not as bad as I thought.." She uttered, heading to her next class.
 
 
+to be continued+
 
Wassup everyone!?
Sorry for everything~ I missed you guys so so so freaking much!
And it's been 2 months... since I updated this story and 2 months... since Exo made their debut =.=
Hope you guys enjoy~ ^ ^
 
-huntedhunter