Chapter Four

'What Kind of Future'/어떤미래
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One’s POV 

Soonyoung walked with heavy steps as he walked up the stairs back towards the practice room. His heart was shattered and all he wanted to do was crouch down and cry again, but he knew he couldn’t. They were in the middle of practice and he was the performance leader meaning that he had to fulfill his responsibility that he promised to the other guys as well as the company. 

Letting out a shaky breath, he quickly moved to open the door and walk inside before plastering a fake smile across his face in hopes that the other guys didn’t question why he was gone for so long.

“I’ve got water~” Soonyoung announces as he walks into the practice room, eyes scanning the room before finding a couple of the guys missing from the room while the remainder were either leaning against the wall talking amongst themselves or sitting on the couch scrolling through their phones.

“Thanks hyung~” Seungkwan says with a bright smile, walking towards the dancer to grab the bottles out of the Soonyoung’s arms so that he could help pass them to the other guys who were leaning against the wall.

Soonyoung simply nods in response before walking over towards the couch after placing a couple of the bottles down onto a nearby table for the guys who weren’t in the room. 

“Jihoon-ah! Soonyoungie brought back water, grab one~ It’s on the table.” Seungcheol’s voice echoed throughout the practice room causing Soonyoung to pause his movements from passing a bottle to Wonwoo who was sitting on the couch before looking through the mirror to notice that Jihoon walked back into the practice room, his shoulders slumped and looking broken.

Biting his lower lip, the dancer moved to look away from Jihoon, feeling his heart shatter even more at the broken expression that the composer had on when he walked into the room.

“Okay~ Let’s run a couple of our older routines and we can call it a night!” Soonyoung announces in his best cheery voice that he could muster before making his way towards the front of the mirror to place the bottle he was drinking out of in front of it.

“Should we start with Shining Diamond first and go from there?” Seungcheol suggests while walking over towards Soonyoung who was stretching his back. 

Soonyoung simply nods in agreeance before he moves to turn around and glance over at Chan who was standing by the computer that was linked up with the speakers, silently telling him to play MR soundtrack for Shining Diamond so that they can practice the live version of the song in case they wanted to perform it during a concert. 

Letting out a shaky breath, Soonyoung stood as he watched the other guys move to get into position before he moved to glance over at Jihoon who was silently doing the same, his hands stuffed inside his pockets. 

“Get on~” Wonwoo says with a chuckle, patting his leg while looking up at the dancer while Jeonghan was switching his gaze back and forth between Jihoon and Soonyoung.

“Yeah…” Soonyoung replies quietly as he flashes the rapper a small smile before he moves to sit down on Wonwoo’s leg, but not too much time after he feels a back press into his own.

With a pounding heart, Soonyoung moved to look up and into the mirror before noticing the way that Jihoon was staring at him with a broken expression.

Soonyoung forgot, but he soon realized that he always put Jihoon next to him during most of their choreographed routines, especially during their first couple songs that they released which caused him to slowly curse his past self. 

As the dancer continued to curse himself silently, he suddenly felt a hand on his thigh which caused him to whip his head back up at the mirror as he watched Jihoon use his leg to shift himself further up Jeonghan’s leg which seemed like an innocent and normal action until he felt a squeeze before the warmth left his leg.

Thankfully, the song started not too long after Jihoon’s hand left his leg, Soonyoung quickly moved off of Wonwoo’s leg and off towards the side as he waited for Wonwoo to slip off of Seungkwan and onto his leg while keeping his head down, trying to avoid looking up to see Jihoon lunging across from him. 

Soonyoung continued to swiftly move his body along with the beat of the song that his ex-boyfriend composed which led to their debut as he continued to scan acros

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter