Chapter Two

'What Kind of Future'/어떤미래
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One’s POV 

Soonyoung let out a quiet groan as he moved to sit up on the bed that he was currently sharing with Seokmin. He already knew that his eyes were puffy and red from crying all night while Seokmin desperately tried to calm him down throughout the night while trying to get his mind off of what happened. 

In hopes to get Soonyoung’s mind off of things and to cheer the dancer up, they watched movies and spent all night talking before falling asleep as they saw the sun rise.

Letting out a small sigh, he quietly slipped off the bed and out of the room so he could sneak past Jihoon’s closed room and back into his own, but to his surprise when he finally got to his own dorm and opened the door to his room he saw Jihoon sleeping on his bed, his eyes red and matching his own.

Surprised, Soonyoung froze with his hand still on the door handle, his heart pounding against his chest. He didn’t expect the composer to be in his room nor did he think he would see Jihoon holding onto one of his hoodies like his life depended on it.

Biting his lower lip, Soonyoung quietly made his way into his room and grabbed a new set of clothes along with the duffle bag that he always had ready to take to the dance studio and was about to leave, but before he did, with a heavy heart, he looked back with tears pooling in his eyes. 

When his eyes and gaze landed onto the small composer laying on his bed, he noticed Jihoon shiver slightly, due to having kicked the sheets off to the side.

Letting a small sad smile play along his lips, he quietly put the duffle bag down by the open door and the clothes he was carrying before silently making his way back over to the shivering composer to pull the sheets over Jihoon. 

With a shaky breath, he stood up once again and walked out, closing the door behind him, his heart clenching and shattering as he quickly made his way to the bathroom. He didn’t want any of the other guys to see him in this state even though he was probably the only one awake at this hour in the dorm he shared.

Soonyoung quickly took off his clothes and jumped into the shower before he started letting his tears fall down his face once again. Sobbing inside the shower and using the sound of the water running to mask the sounds he was making. He couldn’t help the tears that wouldn’t stop falling from his eyes. He thought he was okay and it was for the best, but when he walked into his own room and saw Jihoon laying on his bed holding one of his most worn hoodies as if his life depended on it, the dancer couldn’t help, but feel his heart shatter even more.

Letting out a small sigh, Soonyoung quickly finished taking a shower before he got changed and exited the bathroom quietly, trying his best to avoid waking up his now ex-boyfriend. With a heavy heart, Soonyoung made his way to the door and out of the dorm. He knew that if he stayed at their dorm, Jihoon would likely hunt him down and force him to talk and he wasn’t sure if he would be able to keep his emotions in check, nor was he even remotely ready to face the other.

As Soonyoung exited the dorm and closed the door quietly behind him, he swiftly pulled out his phone and scrolled through his contacts before finding the one he was looking for and pressed dial.

Bringing the phone to his ear, he heard the dial tone go off for a couple seconds before he heard the voice he was waiting for answer. 

“Hello?” The voice answers in a bright tone.

“Hey Kibum-hyung!” Soonyoung says in a bright tone as he makes his way towards the elevator, pressing the down button and watching it light up under his finger.

“Hey Soonyoung-ah~ What’s up?” Shinee’s Key replies back with a chuckle.

“Hyung… I broke up with Jihoonie… Can I come over?” Hoshi asks, his voice cracking slightly.

“What? What Happened? And yes of course you can! You don’t need to ask for permission~ I told you that you can just tell me that you’re coming over whenever you want and I’d love to see you.” Key replies.

“I’ll pick you up. Where are you?” Key questions with sadness in his voice at the statement that Soonyoung told him.

“You don’t have to hyung… I can make my way there.” Soonyoung says in a gentle voice, stepping inside the elevator when the doors slide open.

“Where are you? I was on my way to grab coffee anyway and I’m near you guys’ place. We can pick some up together and go to my place.” Key replies, questioning the whereabouts of the dancer once again. 

“Oh… Okay sure hyung. I just left my dorm. I didn’t really want to be home, but I’m still in the lobby.” Soonyoung explains, stepping out of the elevator once it reached the ground floor, fixing his bag strap in order to move it back onto his shoulder.

“Let me guess, Jihoonie fell asleep in your room?” Key asks in a gentle tone.

“Yeah… I slept in Seokmin’s room last night, but when I woke up and went to my room to change and stuff, Jihoonie was sleeping on my bed. How did you know?” Soonyoung explains, moving to sit down on the steps in front of his building as he waits patiently for the other man to come pick him up. 

“I just… I just know… because I did that too…” Key replies in a quiet and sad voice.

“I don’t know hyung… Maybe I made a mistake…. He ditched producing and showed up to Seokmin’s dorm… Maybe I just overreacted.” Soonyoung says with a sigh, hanging his head between his legs in defeat, feeling tears well up in his eyes once again. 

“Don’t worry Soonyoung-ah, I’m pulling into your lot now. Let’s grab some coffee and you can tell me what happened. Start from the beginning and we’ll go from there.” Key says before Soonyoung moved to look up and saw Key’s car pull up in front of him.

Silently, Soonyoung moved to stand back up, hanging up the phone as he moved to shift his bag back onto his shoulder as he walked over towards the car and climbed into the passenger seat, quickly wiping his eyes with his sleeve. 

“Hey Soonyoung-ah! How are you feeling?” Key asks, reaching over to pull the younger into a tight hug which Soonyoung happily returns.

“I’ve been better I guess…” Soonyoung says with a sad smile, pulling away to sit back and pull his seatb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter