Chapter Three

'What Kind of Future'/어떤미래
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One’s POV

Pulling away, Soonyoung slowly entered the building, leaving Jihoon a complete wreck as he moved to bend down and hug his knees, knowing how badly he messed up and already knowing that Soonyoung made up his mind. He didn’t know how to fix it and he was frustrated with himself that he couldn’t/didn’t know how to voice his feelings to Soonyoung the way that the dancer did. He hated himself and his ‘stupid pride’ for not being able to tell Soonyoung that he loved him too and that the dancer was the perfect person for him and he didn’t want to lose him again. Jihoon felt helpless and broken, he couldn’t help the tears that were pouring from his eyes.

“H-hyung?” Hansol’s voice calls out, panic evident in his tone.

“Hyung? What’s wrong?” Hansol questions, his arms reaching over to wrap around his smaller hyung’s frame once he moves to crouch down to Jihoon’s ‘sitting position’.

“I screwed up… so bad…. I.. I just want him back, but he’s already made up his mind. Why’d I have to go and say that he should just break up with me and that he’s already done it before.” Jihoon manages out between sobs, causing Hansol’s eyes to widen. 

“H-Hyung…” Hansol says with wide eyes, unsure of what to do considering that he rarely ever saw the composer cry. A part of him wanted to punch Soonyoung in the face for making his hyung like this, but he also knew that it wasn’t his place to meddle.

“Help me get him to his feet, Hansol-ah.” A soft voice says which causes Jihoon to look up and be met with the sight of Jeonghan moving to crouch down next to him so that he could grab his arms and pull him up.

“Tell Seungcheolie that we’re going to be late.” Jeonghan states as he moves to wrap an arm around Jihoon before turning him around and walking off towards the nearby cafe. 

“We’ll be inside, so you come too.” Jeonghan adds on causing Hansol to nod quickly before making his way inside the company to inform their leader hyung as Jeonghan led the composer inside the cafe so that he could warm up the younger and pull him to the very back corner which was dimly lit in this particular cafe which caused a sense of privacy. 

“Do you want something to drink?” Jeonghan offers with a small smile moving to stand back up from his seat.

“Don’t we have to get to practice?” Jihoon asks in a quiet voice, his hands moving up so that he could gently place them on the table.

“It’s fine. Seungcheolie won’t mind if we’re a bit late… Plus… I didn’t think you’d want the other guys to see you like this. What’s wrong?” Jeonghan asks cautiously as he watches Hansol walk into the cafe before noticing that the two guys didn’t order so the young rapper took it upon himself to order for the other two instead, but it also left the two guys to continue the conversation that they were having without being interrupted.

“It’s just… I guess the break up is hitting me harder than I thought… Me and my stupid mouth...” Jihoon mumbles after a moment of silence. 

“Jihoon-ah… What did you say…” Jeonghan asked in a quiet voice, but before the vocal could respond, Hansol walked up to their table with a tray that had drinks set neatly on top of it.

“Sorry hyung, I didn’t mean to interrupt… I noticed you guys didn’t have any drinks so I grabbed a couple. Would you like me to leave you guys to it?” Hansol says with a small smile, moving to place the tray down on the table. 

“No, it’s okay. Sit down Hansol-ah…” Jihoon replies with a quiet voice.

With a gentle nod, Hansol moved to slide down in the chair next to Jeonghan before he moved to place the drinks in front of the older two guys before he took the remaining one so that he could bring it up to his lips and take a sip.

“I told him that if I was annoying and worrying him so much, he should just break up with me just like he’s done before.” Jihoon mumbles, looking down at the drink that was gently wrapped inside his hands, not wanting to meet the two gazes that were directed at him. 

“Jihoon-ah…” Jeonghan says with a sigh, moving to look down at the table unsure of what to say.

“Before you say that I should’ve just told him that I regret what I said and that I’m sorry… I’ve tried! He keeps running away from me! You know how he is…. If he convinced himself of one thing, he won’t change his mind… ever…. He’s just stubborn like that.” Jihoon adds on, already knowing that Jeonghan was about to lecture him that he should just talk it out with the dancer.

“That’s not true…” Hansol says in a quiet voice, moving to play with his drink that was placed on top of the table.

“Hm?” Jeonghan hums, in question, moving to turn his gaze over at his boyfriend who was sitting next to him. 

“I’m just saying… Jihoon-hyung said that when Soonyoung-hyung makes up his mind, it’s rare that he’ll change it, but there’s an exception to that.” Hansol replies with a gentle smile, looking up at Jihoon.

“Exception?” Jihoon questions.

“Yeah… When it comes to you, hyung, Soonyoung-hyung would change his mind in a heartbeat even if he convinced himself of something and told everyone that he won’t ever go back on his word… When it came to you, he always caved and always changed his mind.” Hansol answers in a gentle voice.

“Just like when he first confessed. Hyung didn’t want to because he was too scared to lose you as a friend. He said you deserved to be with someone better than him, that he could never make you happy…. That he wasn’t good enough for you. He told everyone that he was just going to move on and even if he didn’t he would just keep his feelings to himself until the day he died. He said that he would rather live with his regret of never confessing to you and that he would rather kill himself loving you from a distance, watching you fall in love with someone else, creating a life with them … creating a future with them… a future where Soonyoung-hyung is your friend and nothing more, than lose you completely, that he would never confess, but he did, didn’t he? It was because it’s you… He made an exception because you asked him what was bothering him and that you would never leave his side no matter what he said. That’s why he changed his mind. No one could convince him to tell you how he felt, not even Seokmin-hyung or Seungkwan, but you made him change his mind by saying tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter