Transition: The Ending Eight

SUPERHUMAN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n, 0.2 romance if you squint. 100% crack. Thank you for reading. I'm going to turn this into multiple sit com scenarios to write when I need to laugh. lol

There were many ways that this could pan out, Haechan thought to himself as he watched all his teammates nervously gather around the table. You, their new manager, seemed the most antsy out of all of them. Renjun was right—There were seven of them, including Mark and his comrades counted as one. None of them were strong enough to handle an incoming plane.

This would be world news and Mark Lee was trying to keep everything down on the low. Haechan’s powers of being the pocket master and having the ability to put anything in a pocket didn’t seem at all useful and this was why he was never in the field.

“How many hours do we have left?” Chenle asked. You wondered what Chenle would be able to do, Jeno telling you that he had a special suit for missions. He would be able to direct the sound waves and cause restriction without severing the human eardrums.

“The plant left quite some time ago so we have only around six hours left to figure it out. I already pinged the rest for back up and men are going to be standing on standby but—”

“You don’t want to tire them out,” Haechan said, Mark nodding. “They have already started evacuating?”

Mark nodded one more time. It was best to get a head start on everything especially when there were people involved. He looked at Jeno, the male looking like he was deep in thought. Haechan seemed to know what he was thinking about, Jeno’s eyes darting back and forth between the two.

“….No,” Jeno began, shaking his head frantically. “It’s not ready!”

“We might have no choice, Jeno!”

“What’s happening?” you asked, Jisung zooming to your side and lowering his lips onto your ear. “What are they talking about?”

“Jeno hyung has a suit. Something like Ironman’s suit. Actually, exactly like Ironman’s suit. He just never used it before because he insisted on keeping on the low.”

“Well…” you began, Jeno still frantically shaking his head. “What does it do?”

“It flies, it’s strong and Jeno programmed it so it has a fast response rate. No other way to handle this situation than to utilize the suit, Jeno,” Haechan pointed out, Jeno turning red at the idea.

“I might die, Haechan,” Jeno snapped. “I might get electrocuted inside and not live—”

“Oh, please. We know that you’ve probably found a way to eject yourself out of the suit.”

“Knowing you, you probably have seven hundred safety protocols with that suit,” Mark mused, looking noticeably calmer. With the Haechan’s idea, it looked like there was a flicker of hope. “Have you been testing it?”

“No,” Jeno said, Beebo beeping from beside him.

“Every Tuesdays, 11 pm when everyone is asleep,” Beebo said and Jeno kicked his robot, Beebo whirring. Jeno glared at Beebo at the way it betrayed him, Haechan clapping his hands together. “Ow.”

“I’m still against it. God knows what is going to happen to all of you if I’m gone,” Jeno muttered under his breath but he knew he had no choice. Jaemin chuckled at Jeno’s words—How funny how he was thinking of them and how they’d handle his absence and not about how he would be wiped from the world if using the suit went wrong.

“That suit is the only thing that’d help us,” Haechan said and Jeno chewed on his bottom lip. “So, I guess that’s it?”

Haechan didn’t even bother to listen to Jeno and with a snap of his fingers, the idols were put to bed and were told to be woken up in an hour. A protocol to make sure they were on their best condition. It wasn’t long until one hour had passed and Jeno was seen lunging big pieces of metal into the basement. Mark was constantly on the phone and Haechan had dispatched a truck to bring everyone to Seoul.

That was how went, three hours of us on a truck and Mark driving. He wasn’t one to drink much coffee, Mark said, but this was his third cup and he looked like he was burning out. Jaemin and Jisung didn’t seem to understand the severity of the situation, talking in hushed voices. Jeno sat beside you with Beebo by his feet, the male muttering to himself.

The suit was packed snuggly and I still had no idea what it looked like.

“Beebo, you have to be the control center,” Jeno began, looking down to the robot as you crossed your arms. “Progress check—”

“You just troubleshooted your robot three times, Jeno. I’m sure it works fine,” you said to him, Jeno shooting you a look through his thick-rimmed glasses. “Okay, fine. I’ll shut up.”

“Star, I want you in another building. Just keep a look out with Beebo,” Haechan said and you nodded, Jeno finally removing the pads from his head as Beebo craned it’s head to look around at everyone.

“Worry,” Beebo hummed and Jeno sighed, rubbing his forehead. “Two and a half hours until explosion.”

“Oh, definitely not. Now that Beebo is putting it that way, that’s sad!” Renjun said and you smile at him, trying to mask the feeling of dread. The van was parked and it didn’t take long to see that the perimeter was empty. Mark had done a good job in clearing the place.

“Nationwide security protocol. No one knows why but I evacuated this area throughout multiple perimeters towards the border of Seoul,” Mark said and Haechan looked up at the targeted building. “Insurance and framing an airplane company by killing people—only the dirtiest of the dirtiest do that.”

You stepped backward, Haechan grabbing your elbow casually to tug you into a building four streets down. You were dragged over, Mark and the rest following you. The top of the building was a room with cameras, guards bowing down to Mark as he walked past them.

“All screens utilized? Cameras? Have you spoken to the pilot of the plane?”

“Yes, sir. He said there was a mechanical check. Everything is fine and nothing was out of place,” one of the men said, turning around. He wore a suit and had a clipboard in hand.

“Jung Sungchan,” Haechan greeted, the male giving Haechan a handshake. “Didn’t see you since you last worked for Interpol.”

“Came back to work for my country, Mr. Lee,” Sungchan answered when his eyes fell on you. “New manager?”

“This is Star, she’s on probation.”

“Mission on her first day?” Sungchan asked, Mark correcting him.

“Third.”

“Hope you live through it,” Sungchan replied, turning back to press a few buttons on the screen. Mark motioned me to come sit beside him, Jeno retreating back to the back room to make sure all the suits would be taken care off. “We’ll have to deploy out heroes once we get the signal. The pilot is aware of the possible situation—”

“It’s not possible, Sungchan. It’s confirmed,” Haechan snapped, turning to eye the male. “Have you lost your touch since France?”

“We do not talk about that day, Mr. Lee, but I can assure you that my touch is still here,” Sungchan smacked his lips, a hand going up to loosen his tie. “Shotaro, our on-site hacker and head of Cyber Security is making sure that we keep constant communication with our pilot. Under any circumstances, the pilot will take a couple of rounds to buy us more time.”

Haechan breathed.

“I have only one image in mind and that is to make sure Jeno gets in that suit and redirect the plane,”

“The suit?” Sungchan frowned, his eyes on Haechan. “Is it safe? The plane is a Boeing 777x. How is one guy in a suit going to redirect it?”

“A Boeing 777x?” Haechan asked, frowning.

“It’s a one stop flight, Mr. Lee. They normally transport many people. All fully booked. A couple of animal cages in there as well. I saw the policies of this particular flight,” Sungchan exhaled and you could feel yourself pouting at the idea of dead dogs and cats.

“And the pilot still has control over the plane?” Haechan asked, you frowning.

“Why is it a problem when the pilot has control over the plane?” you asked, not getting it. “Then he can just bring the plane to the airport.”

“That’s what hackers are for. If they are targeting this building, they would have jumped into the system once the plane gets into Korean borders. It’s be hard for Shotaro to find a way to help if they have a physical signal blocker on the plane,” Sungchan tried to explain.

“What a little ,” Haechan hissed under his breath. “How much time do we have left?”

He didn’t have to ask much when the screens then flashed with a warning sign and you jumped up, Mark rushing to the rest of the team to tell them to get ready. You saw an inward coming plane that was flying with a little bit more speed, Haechan’s eyes widening.

“What the ? Where is the whole, he’ll take a round to buy us some time plan?” he demanded, Sungchan pressing down on the intercom.

“The pilot is down!” Shotaro’s voice came up. He was in different room, his hands slamming against the keyboard as he got control of the plane cameras. The pilot had something stabbed on his throat. Definitely foul play. “The nationwide security protocol must have sparked suspicion. Doesn’t take much to not know what is going on when you evacuated the whole ing area!”

“Yeah, well. What else was I supposed to do?” Mark snapped back and you felt your fingers curl when there was a boom and you saw helicopters getting deployed under Mark’s orders. “What else am I?”

The one thing about this team was their lack of communication. Fortunately, that was never between a problem between Lee Jeno and Na Jaemin, the scientist hastily placing on the suit. Beebo was beside him, the stats of the suit showing on its little monitor.

Lee Jeno was not going to listen to them anymore. Sungchan was good at what he did, but going through Interpol protocol has never served them well. Mark Lee too, was more worried about the people and the casualities. None of them had a plan and Lee Jeno knew that.

“Jisung, Chenle. Helicopter on top of the rooftop, we need to try to redirect the plane so it doesn’t crash,” Jeno said, everyone nodding. Jisung had his suit and a small helmet, adjusting it over his head. “Renjun, you hover, but I think it’s best you stay with them.”

Renjun knew this was true.

“I’ll be on the building roof top, if anything happens, I’ll glide down. Chenle’s sonic sound can provide resistance, no?” Renjun told Jeno, the male clasping on another piece of metal. He grabbed a helmet and fit it over his head. Words and numbers began to show. “I’ll make him be with me.”

“Beebo, activate the suit.”

“Yes, master,” Beebo said and Jeno opened his arms to Jaemin.

“We have to try to slow it down, Jaem.”

“Gotcha,” Jaemin said, massaging his shoulders. “Let’s go, Jeno. This mission might be to die for.”

“Literally,” Jeno breathed when he patted Beebo on the head. “Go back to them and direct me.”

Beebo needed to be told only once, the sound of the airplane coming from above could be heard. Chenle, Jisung and Renjun already were alreadt on the helicopter. As the three went up, they were greeted by a familiar male who was there as Mark’s favor.

“Kun,” Renjun said, jumping onto the plane as Kun smirked. Ex-Navy and military, Kun was a many of many talents. “Nice to see you. I thought you retired.”

“Changed my mind. Can’t retire when there are villains out there,” Kun mused, pulling on the lever. “Alright, we’ll see how the two J’s do this. Ready to jump in if all goes wrong, boys?”

“Yes,” Jisung chimed softly, tightening his little helmet. “Let’s go!”

Jeno and Jaemin were the best duo that was suited for the job.

“Beebo, how fast is the plane approaching?”

“Too fast,” Beebo answered, now beside you and Haechan. Sungchan was pacing around the room.

“Speed, Beebo! Speed!”

“Will hit building in twenty minutes at this speed,” Beebo continued and Jeno nodded, Jaemin jumping into his best friend’s arms as Jeno shot himself out of the window, trying to control the suit best to his ability. “What is Master thinking of doing?”

“You thinking the same thing I am?” Jeno asked Jaemin, the male gripping Jeno’s suit tightly as they rushed towards the building. “Good, go.”

And under Jeno’s orders, Jaemin took a running leap. Jeno grabbing Jaemin’s hands and tugging on it, Jaemin expanding himself as Jeno flew across the sky to hold the plane back with Jaemin’s body. Like a fabric stopper, Jaemin squeezed his eyes shut as he tried to best to stretch as far and wide as possible.

“Mark, he’s going to rip apart!” you found yourself gasping, Mark chewing on his lip. “Jeno!”

“Jaemin, tell me if you can’t handle it—” Jeno said to his best friend, Jaemin already feeling the stretch as his body slammed against the front part of the plane. Jeno had let him go, Jaemin grabbing on Jeno’s arms as Jeno tried to hold back the plane.

They just needed to slow it down and it worked slightly, the plane going a tad bit slower. Still approaching, Kun had noticed a slight fire that was beginning to spread, the door of the plane falling off.

“Jeno, if you hear me and are in the system, there is a fire starting on the right side of the plane—’

“I feel it, I feel it!” Jaemin screeched, letting go of Jeno’s suit just to sling back onto one of the rooftops. “Hot!”

“I got it,” Jisung mumbled as screams began to be heard from the plane. “Chenle, come.”

Chenle nodded, adjusting his own helmet and grabbing fire extinguisher.

“We do it from the inside,” Jisung said under his breath, Chenle hooking himself onto Jisung’s back. “Now?”

“Not yet, Jisung. Let me go lower!” Kun called out, Jisung jumping up with Chenle hugging him from behind. “Jisung—”

With a huff, Jisung jumped off the helicopter and wincing as his legs tried to keep up with the changing velocity of the plane. Renjun yawned, Kun looking back at him, shaking his head at how useless he was.

“I’m only good for intel, okay?” Renjun snapped.

“Sure, Renjun.”

Jeno had seen the two younger members drop down from the helicopter, Jisung trying to hooking himself up to the side so he wouldn’t fall off.

“Put out the fire, Chenle!” Jisung yelled, Chenle thanking Jeno in his mind for the booted shoes that was programmed to stick to metal under Beebo’s command. “Before it spreads!”

“I’m doing it!” Chenle yelled back, putting out the fire as Jisung held onto him so both of them didn’t fly off. They were stronger together, Jeno still trying to holding the plane back but it was to no avail. Jaemin was thinking of trying again since it worked the first time.

Back in the base, you got an idea. You had whipped your head around, back against the screens that showed the heroes when your eyes went to Haechan.

“Lee Haechan,” you began slowly. “What happens when you manipulate space?”

“Sorry?”

“I mean, what happens when you manipulate space? You could fit a lamp inside a pocket. What is inside that pocket?”

“A void,” Mark said from behind you, the stats on the screen going crazy. You saw that Jeno was now missing one arm from his suit. “It’s a black hole of just space.”

They must have realized what you meant. If they couldn’t stop the plane, all they had to do was make sure the people were safe. Haechan’s mouth dropped open. All this time, he had seen his power as useless. Why would one want to hide something in a pocket?

Only he could bring them out and in.

There was no time to lose, Sungchan already grabbing the car keys and motioning all over. You had to think fast.

“Fabric, something big,” you told Mark, the male nodding. Another set of orders and the moment you reached the bottom floor, Jung Sungchan was already in the car, ready to bring you towards the building.

“I’ve never done it before—” Haechan’s voice was cut off as the car swerved dangerously. “I’ve only manipulated small spaces!”

“You’ve built a small cottage in a pocket before,” Mark pointed out, grabbing the hand holder as Sungchan rammed his foot against the accelerator. “We’ll hold it up like a pocket and you can manipulate the space in it. Send the plane into the void.”

“ing hell, do I look like I can force the plane into the void in one go?”

“I believe in you, Haechan,” you said, Sungchan stopping the car by the targeted building with a screech. You didn’t know how the atmosphere changed the moment you, Mark and Haechan went into the elevator but it was 22 floors rides up and you blinked, Mark leaning against the hand rails of the elevator.

“Nice song,” Haechan hummed, his hands sweating from the responsibility.

“Stop trying to distract yourself, you know you have no choice,” Mark said, the elevator dinging. You could hear the pressure in your ears, all three of you rushing out of the elevator. You could see that Jaemin and Jeno were back at it again, trying to hold back the plane in the same way. Chenle and Jisung had undid the back load, bags falling onto the building rooftops to lessen the weight so it was easier for their hyung’s.

“Lucky Renjun,” Haechan hissed and Mark rolled his eyes.

“Shut up, that guy was .”

“True,” Haechan murmured. “What are we using?”

“Hot at balloon fabric,” Mark answered. “Just googled it, it could be big enough.”

“You googled it? When?”

“On the way here, in the midst of Sungchan’s atrocious driving,” Mark replied. “Kun, you heard that?”

“Yes, one of our men deploying material down onto you guys,” Kun responded to Mark’s earpiece. “But I do want to know about why Renjun was .”

“Another story for another day, Qian,” Mark replied, Kun chuckling when another helicopter dropped a huge package down. “Jeno, we’re here. Did you hear of the plan?”

“Did you guys leave Beebo?” Jeno demanded, his voice strained as Jaemin bounced back, cuts and bruises beginning to show on his arms. “I can’t see my stats because I lost my arm—Chenle and Jisung are in the plane. I hope this works.”

You were already ripping open the package and trying to spread the fabric.

“Mark! Tell Jaemin to do the same with but with the cloth! We need to engulf even the front of the plane—”

Jaemin had already bounded back, Jeno releasing the plane and flying over to grab the other end of the cloth. Haechan stood there, his heart pounding rapidly on his chest.

“Chenle and Jisung are in the plane, Haechan. This better i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter