Addition: The Spontaneous Six

SUPERHUMAN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were in the backseat with Renjun, the male in his black suit. Jeno was in front with Haechan, his thick glasses on his nose as he opened and double checked the microchip in his boot. Haechan was the driver for today and even if it would be the first to actually accompany his idols to a mission, Haechan knew that because it wasn’t 100% authorized, he had no choice.

Hiring another driver would cause complications.

The car had pulled up to a deserted area with a big dumpster in the background and you swallowed nervously when Jeno snuck a glance towards you, his fingers fiddling with the buttons of his suit as he tugged the blazer on. He had to look like a business man, someone who wanted to strike a deal and you had to be the secretary by his side.

Everyone stepped down from the car, Haechan inserting an ear piece. He would wait until Jeno got the chip into his glasses and they’d go from there. The air was chilly and you found yourself trailing behind Jeno, the male taking the lead as Renjun began to turn invisible, the suit turning along with him.

One step closer to the entrance, Jeno could already hear the yells of the people. A man stood there with a gun and he had to remind himself that they couldn’t kill him just yet—that wasn’t how gangsters worked. You cowered behind him, Jeno clearing his throat before he spoke.

“I need to see Mr. Bang,” he began, making it a point to drag up a sleeve so he could flash Haechan’s watch at them. After some research, he learned that Mr. Bang was interested in watches. He would be watching them from the cameras; this much, Jeno knew. Right as he thought, he saw the security cameras shift and suddenly the guards received a call.

“In,” the guard’s growled and you saw Jeno raise up a hand. He exuded the need to be respected, the male quirking up an eyebrow before he tilted his head to the side. You stood beside him, head down when you saw a flash of paper slip off the table.

That would be Renjun trying to get past the borders, you thought. He had to be a little bit more careful.

Jeno had grabbed your wrist suddenly, snapping you back to reality as both of you walked past the people. Screening began and machines were swiped up and down over both of you. You held your breath when it reached Jeno’s shoes but it showed no interception.

“Relax,” Jeno muttered under his breath. He saw how sweat had beaded on your forehead despite the cold and even if you were a brave one, you weren’t an actor. If he had to be honest, your acting skills and you looked like you had something horrible for dinner, you wanted to puke.

And you did—the smell of the warehouse was a mix of bleach, blood and a lot of alcohol. Jeno cleared his throat and you quickly tried to change your expression, both of you moving towards what seemed like a combination of worn-down couches.

You’d think that being a mafia boss would allow you to have luxurious items but that didn’t seem like the case. You quietly followed Jeno’s lead, the male not even batting an eye as he plopped down on the couch. As his secretary (or so he said that is what you were), you kept yourself standing and behind him, hands behind your back when he spoke.

“I came here to propose to you a business deal. I know you have been terrorizing our neighboring people,” he began and I blinked at how blunt he was, the man in front of us smirking. He had a gold tooth and an array of rings on his fingers. “I simply want to let you know that I’ll be buying the estate and I think I would want to let you help me…”

His voice trailed and you quickly dropped your head down to pretend to whisper to him as Jeno tilted his head up, listening to you. It was for show. He knew what to say. He just didn’t want to seem like a smart threat—to which, he was.

“Handle the area,” Jeno continued. “Your…”

He waved his hands. “Goons are going to be very helpful. I don’t have time to hire manpower. Buying an estate would mean buying this place…” He looked up at the man.

“And buying this place would mean you would be on my property.” Jeno was now threatening him, showing him who had the upper hand despite the many guns pointed at us. “But instead of killing all of you, I’d rather put all of you into good use.”

“What do I get from it, other than getting to keep this place, free of deal?” Mr. Bang asked, pursing his lips together. You noticed that his lips were black, the color of someone who was a chain smoker. “You think you can come here and threaten me with your deal—”

“Oh,” Jeno coughed suddenly, doubling over. You froze, giving him a cloth. “Sorry, the smell of this place.”

The comment made Mr. Bang turn bright red, Jeno standing up.

“Horrible,” he hummed. “I must use the bathroom. Which way is it? Tetra?”

You raise an eyebrow, no idea what he was saying until it occurred to you that he was talking to you. Jeno had to think of a name right off the bat, settling for ‘Tetra’ for ‘Tetrabyte’ and when you looked confused, he turned to you.

“Y-Yes?”

“Entertain this dude, please,” Jeno murmured under his breath but loud enough for him to hear. He was pushing his buttons but Jeno knew that they wouldn’t hurt him. Not when they thought he was the son from a chaebol family.

You nod, Jeno turning on his heel to go into the bathroom. Renjun was in the hallway, the suit tight against his skin as he crept around. He had no where to start and he hated missions like these the most. He hated not knowing what to do.

Jeno was escorted into the bathroom, the male entering it hastily and quickly unclipping the sole of his boot to shove into his glasses. He saw the interface right in front of his eyes when it connected and he heard a voice.

“Beebo! Show me, show me!”

Jeno blinked, Na Jaemin’s voice echoing in his ear from the glasses. “Na—”

“Heyo, I’m here with the kids. Took Beebo out to play. How’s the mission going?” Jaemin asked, Jeno frowning. He didn’t like his housemates touching his robot but he knew better than to say anything.

Not yet.

“Jeno, you got the chip in your glasses?” Haechan asked and Jeno gave out a hum. He wondered how you were doing out there alone with Mr. Bang, the male finally opening the door just to come face to face with a guard.

“I need to scan you one more time, sir,” the guard said and Jeno paled, Haechan letting out a gasp when he heard. “Protocol.”

“Do you not trust me? I’m offended,” Jeno blurted out, morphing his expression into a scowl. “How dare you question my honesty?”

“That’s it, Jeno. Show them who is alpha!” Jaemin chortled, not knowing the severity of the situation. In the background, he could hear Chenle and Jisung whispering. He had to screw his mind on straight and this wasn’t the way to go. “I—”

Renjun was right where he needed to be, the male knocking against one of the boxes and watching them fall onto the ground. Jeno saw this, the glasses able to pick up the suit that he had made Renjun wear. He passed on his teammate a grateful glance, Renjun moving silently away from them to finish the rest of the mission.

“I wouldn’t keep the glasses on you, Jeno,” he whispered calmly. “They already are suspicious. I heard them talking.”

Jeno gave out a grunt, heading back to the place where you were and he stopped to see you stand there, pale on the face. You looked absolutely terrified; your fingers fisted. Jeno cleared his throat, taking all strides towards you when he ripped off his glasses and massaged his eyes.

He flung it in the air and you reacted, catching it in your hands. You knew he was acting. Those glasses were Jeno’s life line in multiple missions, Haechan has said that before.

“Is this brand not to your liking, sir?” you asked softly, Jeno giving out a grunt. “I’ll find a better brand. I’ll mark it on the calendar.”

“You do that, Jean,” he responded and you blink. Mr. Bang looked confused.

“I thought her name was Tetra?” he asked, Jeno raising an eyebrow.

“I have no ing idea what her name is,” Jeno snapped. That was the truth. You quickly placed the glasses on your head, hearing Haechan and Jaemin converse in your ear. “So, what do you say?”

While Jeno was keeping everyone there, Renjun had slowly crept into another room. He felt a slight sting and he looked down, seeing that his sleeve had a small patch. It was malfunctioning, just as Jeno said it would and he cursed to himself.

Renjun decided to sneakily creep further into the hallways, knowing that he had to get something. Anything for the mission to be considered successful. In his ear, he heard Haechan speaking to you.

“Yeah, Apple. Just spurt out some business nonsense,” Haechan was saying and he heard you nervously begin to speak in a different language. Was it Japanese? He guessed Jeno would be pretending to look interested, Renjun dispelling the thought when he noticed that there was a rubbish shoot right at the end of the hall.

He had noticed one of the doors had a light blue light from underneath it, Renjun pushing it open to see that two people are fast asleep. The male saw a series of screens and his eyes widened, realizing that this would be what he had to take into account, Renjun creeping up to them as he narrowed his eyes on the screen.

Renjun was a smart cookie, but he had no idea what these plans were. They were in a different language and he looked towards the side to see a beeping red light coming from what seemed like a USB stuck to a CPU. As he slipped towards the USB, his leg had brushed against one of them, Renjun making a face at the sudden contact when he stirred—the male opening his eyes when Renjun saw half his suit solidify.

Well, that.

Renjun grabbed the USB instinctively, the lights on the screen flickering. He expected everything to be dramatic, but the man had simply woken up and looked around, Renjun trying to hide in the shadows. There was a flicker on his suit and he would be the only thing conspicuous in the room if he kept it on.

Cursing to himself, Renjun did was he had to to—strip himself , gritting his teeth.

His dignity. Oh, he’d turn into a tyrant for the rest of the week after this.

He knew that once the rest found out about it, he’d be tease by them. What a horrible, horrible way to go into a mission. Stripped of clothes and fully ing .

The man had fallen back to sleep and Renjun quickly wrapped the USB with the suit, now a black fabric on the ground when he moved towards the door, his face scowling at the situation he was put in. As he moved out of the hallway, he saw a couple of people walking past him and he had no idea how to sneak the suit out, Renjun finally deciding on the only thing he thought was logical.

Put it down the rubbish shoot.

Back in the living room, Haechan was consistently telling you want to say. Mr. Bang wanted to know more about the whole proposal and Jeno was knackered—he had done research but not research. So he sat there, an elegant hand in the air with his glasses on your head as if you were holding it for him, Haechan speaking to you.

“Okay, Apple. Now, tell him that you think that the company will be able to handle wiping off all the surrounding estates,” Haechan began and you tried to keep a straight face at the many names he had been shooting at you. “Good job, Pear.”

Yeah, he had gone from grocery lists to fruits now and you sniffed, masking your amusement with a determined expression, explaining whatever Haechan was feeding to you.

“I put the USB in the suit and threw it down the rubbish shoot,” Renjun’s voice floated to your ear and you straightened, knowing Renjun was near. You cleared your throat, lifting the juice that they had served you with when you purposely tipped it on Jeno’s suit, the male jumping up immediately.

“Star!” he yelled out and you heard a “Star is good. Star is a nice name.” from Haechan but you took on the role and apologized profusely. “This suit is expensive!”

You took the opportunity to move relay the sentence to Haechan, the male quieting down for a moment when he sighed.

“I know what this means. Ahuh, yeah. You want me to go and scavenge the dumpster for the suit and USB, don’t you?”

“I don’t think Renjun had a choice, Haechan,” you insisted under your breath, Jeno grumbling and putting on a show when you felt a hand in yours—except it wasn’t visible to the human eye. Renjun’s voice was shaky and his voice dropped an octave.

“I’m ,” he began and you blinked rapidly, trying not to look like it bothered you. “The suit malfunctioned—”

“O-Okay,” you began to look busy, grabbing a few more tissues and moving forward to dap Jeno, hoping Renjun would just go unnoticed. “Okay, Boss.”

From the background, you could hear “ it, I’m diving!” from Haechan and a crunch of bottles could be heard. You knew there was only one thing happening—Haechan had decided to take matters in his own hands and go for it.

“Uh, Boss. I think we should… go,” your voice shook slightly, Jeno looki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter