Chapter 8

The Last Were Pack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 8


Taehyung is on a mission. The Alpha is clear that Taehyung is not going back to base until he finds that enemy base. And it's more than two weeks of nonstop tracking and monitoring. He's been out since then and it's already getting on his nerves.

Taehyung opened his phone. He dialled a number and waited for the answer. 

He needs to hear her voice...

"Hello?"

"You better be in my room, Mate..." said Taehyung.

"Ummm... nope. I am in the forest hunting." Said Jisoo. "We ran out of meat. Lisa is with me."

"But you're sleeping on my bed tonight." Said Taehyung. 

"No, I won't. I have my own bed remember?" Said Jisoo.

"I want you to sleep on my bed, every night." Said Taehyung. "I want your scent on my pillow, on my blanket... in my room."

"But I don't like sleeping there when you're not there." Said Jisoo, her voice sounding solemn.

Taehyung's lips curved.

"It makes me feel lonely... when you aren't there on that bed with me." Said Jisoo. 

Taehyung's throat moved.

"I miss you, Jisoo." Said Taehyung. 

Jisoo went silent on the other line. 

"I miss you so bad I want to just kill all these enemies on my own so that I can go back there and feel you." Said Taehyung.

Taehyung heard the change in Jisoo's breathing.

"You are not going to do that." Said Jisoo, her voice warning him. "You will find that base and then you will return here."

"And where will I find you when I return there, Jisoo?" Asked Taehyung.

"Fine! You will find me on your bed waiting for you every night. I will stay in your room... on your bed starting today... so behave yourself and come back here safe..."

Jisoo took a deep breath.

"Now that you got what you want come back here so that we can all plan the attack. We will all fight together as a team." Said Jisoo. "That's if you're really good enough to find that enemy base though."

Taehyung smiled. The woman has no idea how much her words can change everything.

"Oh I'm definitely going to find it, Baby. And you better be ready when I return." He said. 

 

---------

Taehyung crawled out of the helicopter once he was certain there were no more movements. He was able to find the enemy base, finally. He immediately sent the coordinates to Suga. The pack can start brainstorming now, but they have to wait for him to finalize the plan. 

Now he has to find a way out of here.

Taehyung slipped through the shadows. He was like the night. There were still many Umbras and human military. But Taehyung is used to this. He knew his way, knew how to stay out of sight. He found a building that looked like a modern and expensive residential house. And Taehyung felt his instict tell him to stop. His instinct is one of the things he depends on the most, it was rarely wrong. 

Taehyung climbed the roof and went to the window. He saw a couple of people talking. There were armed guards inside. The faces were familiar... heads of the Organization. Taehyung had the urge to go inside and finish the job. But their words stop him.

"They have a lightning wolf and a fire wolf." Said an old man, the oldest looking man Taehyung had ever seen in his life. "It will not be easy to put them down." 

"How do you know if these wolves still exist? For all we know we could have eliminated them. It's been a millenia of hunting and killing those fools." Said another man.

"I know Hugh was able to slip that lightning wolf away. That wolf would have rained lightning all over the place that night, but there was no lightning. He slipped away." Said the old man.

Taehyung's eyes narrowed. Who is this old man? Taehyung sharpened his senses trying to sniff the air. The man is old and Taehyung could barely smell anything on him except old age...

But there was that faint smell of wolf...

He's a wolf! The old man is one of them! Their own kind?

"And the fire wolf?" Asked another man.

"I told you that wolf would be a problem. Several years ago, I already told you to kill it while it was young." Said the old man.

"We almost had her. But she survived the ambush we set up on her adoptive parents. She slipped away practically untrackable. His police officer parents already worked on the kid's record even before we killed them." 

"That fire wolf killed Allan." Said the old man. "A young female shifter who is bold enough to risk her life... maybe we should bait her and finally teach her that it's not worth it."

Taehyung wanted to crush the old man's skull with his own hands.

"We have found a trail on that girl that we can use as bait. We have found an adoptive mother. From what we learned, she's quite close to this woman. Our men are on their way to get her now." Said the other man. 

"The fire wolf will definitely come and save her. Wolves are protective." Said the old man.

"And then  what do we do once she comes?" 

The old man smiled.

"I am old and this body is not going to last long. I need a new, stronger body that will last for a lifetime. But I need blood... and I need strong blood. A new shifter blood is usually strongest and the best quality..." Said the old man. "I will drain that little fire wolf. She will strengthen me. The lightning wolf will come too, I am sure of it. They are pack... and I will drain him next. His blood will flow through my vein and I will have command of lightning. Fire and lightning will be mine to control. And then we will kill all those remaining wolves."

"Once you are that powerful, how are we certain you will not forget us?" Asked another man.

"Have I forgotten you and your fathers before you? I have taken care of your families for centuries and I have made each of your families wealthy. I have made you empires and I have fulfilled all my promises." Said the old man. "You speak as if you do not know me, Boy."

The men all agreed.

"Once I get that power, once all those shifters are gone... nobody is going to be in the way any more. We will start penetrating the governmets. We will be the most powerful force on the planet." Said the old man.

--------

Taehyung had to choose. To eliminate the threat to their kind once and for all, or fulfill his word to his mate to protect Helen. And Taehyung knew he did not need to think further.

Taehyung knew where Helen was, he had hired people to look after her and protect her, he even checked on her himself whenever he could. But now that the Organization had found her, he must make sure they will not hurt her.

Taehyung reached the house he knew Helen would be in and cursed. There were dead bodies outside the house and the doors were open. He immediately went inside and saw the chaos. Helen put up a fight. 

Taehyung sniffed. Her scent is still fresh... and she's wounded, he can smell her blood. No... this is not good. He has to save Helen and take her to safety. She's too important to Jisoo... He will not let his mate be crushed by this.

Taehyung tracked the scent and found a car ahead of him. He could feel it, Helen is inside that car.

Taehyung overtook the car. Several men started shooting at him. He can't shoot back or he might hit Helen. Taehyung felt the pain of bullets hitting his body, but he did not stop. He jumped out of his car and landed on the enemy's. In successive shots, he hit the driver and two other men in the car. The car went crazy, but before it fell out of a bridge, Taehyung was able to hold on to it. 

"Helen!" Shouted Taehyung.

Helen was only half conscious, her head is bleeding.

"I can only hold this for a while, you need to jump out." Said Taehyung.

Helen seemed to be confused.

"Hurry! Jump!"

Helen semed to finally realize that the car was already falling off the bridge. She suddenly looked alert. She stretched her body and climbed out dizzily. Just in time! Taehyung let the car go.

"I need to get you to base..." said Taehyung.

And then Helen fell on the ground but Taehyung caught her.

--------


Everyone was eating dinner when RM answered his phone. They were discussing the coordinates of the enemy base Taehyung sent earlier. Jisoo felt excited that finally... Taehyung is coming home...

She missed him... so much... It's like every muscle in her body is longing to reach for him.

And then RM stood up alert. Everyone knew there was trouble. Jisoo felt it in her chest.

"Taehyung... what happened to him?" Asked Jisoo

"Jimin, prepare. We have two injured coming." Said RM

"Two?" Asked Jennie.

Taehyung is injured. But he isn't alone.

And then everyone went into action. The room Jimin usually use as clinic was prepared by him and the girls. Jin and RM left, it seems like Taehyung needed help to get back. 

Within an hour, a car arrived inside the base. Jisoo was immediately there. 

RM helped Taehyung out of the car, Jisoo's chest was pumping with despair. Taehyung was unconscious and he's bleeding!

"What happened?" Asked Jisoo, grabbing Taehyung's hand. "How injured is he? He's alive right?"

Please... she can't lose Taehyung. He can't die... 

"Breathing." Said RM. "He needs to be looked at immediately. Took too many shots."

Jisoo's voice trembled.

"All right..."

"It seems he learned of a planned attack. He tried to stop it." Said RM

"Attack? On whom?"

And then Jin went out of the car holding a woman in his arm. Jisoo's eyes widened as her chest dropped.

"Mom!"

Jisoo ran

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter