Chapter 6

Selfish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the whole of the week, neither of them seemed to coincidentally, accidentally or even intentionally meet each other, see each other, talk to each other. They lived in a world, in a time, where each of them didn’t exist – but expectations, hopes, wishes lived on.

“You’re Jungkook, right?”

Jungkook flinched. At that awfully familiar voice, – one that he prayed to never hear again – he looked to his side. His eyes widened out of reflex, his lips almost trembled, and his hand tightened its grip around the bottle of milkshake he held.

“I don’t exactly remember you, but apparently, I used to know you. Yeah, sorry about that. Anyways, what did you tell Jimin about me?”

Jungkook didn’t bother replying – he didn’t want to waste his time on Taehyung.

“Wanna talk about this over a cig?”

Jungkook visibly rolled his eyes and straightened his shoulders, the question burning his bones; he walked away with his head held high – he just didn’t want to waste his time on a nobody.

He was scrolling through his phone, walking along the lonely street in silence, a bittersweet smile lacing his lips as he stopped a metre away from the blue mat that adorned the entrance to the cafe – the footprints that coloured the mat probably included his own, and perhaps the silver-head’s too.

He pushed the door open and walked in, only to freeze in place as he saw nothing but the lifeless interior, each set of table and chairs unoccupied, the workers behind the counter leaning against the walls with boredom, but there was still one living, enthralling soul by the counter that caught him by surprise.

“Two iced Americanos, and two strawberry cheesecakes.”

Jungkook muffled a giggle as he made his way to the corner of the cafe, throwing his bag to the floor as he let his body sit with a thud. He tapped his fingers on the table in an abnormal rhythm, but his heart was calm. He only stopped his fingers as a cup was pushed toward

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter