Chapter 5

Selfish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a new semester, with new courses and classes, with new relationships.

“Yah, watch where you’re going!”, a gruff voice exclaimed.

Jungkook stepped away from whoever he accidentally bumped into; he didn’t see clearly with his long hair covering his peripheral view, he’d have to cut his hair soon.

“You look better with long hair.” It was a different voice now.

Jungkook jerked his head towards the painfully familiar voice, his eyes slightly widening at the sight – Jimin looked at him with dull eyes, his arm wrapped around Taehyung’s waist.

He nodded and walked away, quickly taking note of the striking jewellery around Jimin’s wrist; it was a silver bracelet with an ornamented locket, one he recognised far too easily, one he could almost feel on his skin.

“Jungkook, wait!” The voice returned to his cold ears. “Umm, I want to introduce you to Taehyung even though you both have already met before.”

Jungkook didn’t turn around, but he stood still in place, fearing the next few words that would come out of Jimin’s lips – the lips that he kissed, the lips that he missed.

“Umm, this is Kim Taehyung, my b-boyfriend.”

Jungkook felt his heart skip a beat, not out of jealousy or sorrow or surprise, but out of fear – one that he couldn’t explain to anyone so easily. He nodded towards the couple before walking away, feeling his blood boil as the expected words left Jimin’s mouth so easily – expected, but he wished those weren’t the words he heard.

Hours into the day, he left one of his last classes and strolled out of the room to head back to his dormitory building for a quick nap, yet his eyes frantically searched the hallways for a certain silver-head; he just couldn’t understand why Jimin would date Taehyung.

No, he wasn’t envious of their relationship; he knew that Jimin and Taehyung had known each other for quite a long time and were probably perfect for each other, more understanding and thoughtful, unlike his temporary bond with Jimin.

“Hyung.” It was the second time Jungkook referred to him with an honorific, and Jimin immediately knew it was important.

“You’re talking to me.” Jimin’s question turned out to be more of a statement, a bitter tone in his voice.

“The large tree, five minutes.”, Jungkook said as he stared at Jimin for a while.

One, two, three.

He his heels and walked away hurriedly, rushing through the troops of students, aiming for the football field outside, hoping to find some empty space beneath the large tree under which Jungkook heard Jimin’s story for the first time.

“Instagram.”, he said to himself before shaking away the thought. He waited patiently for the other to arrive; he dropped his bag to the side and leaned against the trunk of the majestic tree, closing his eyes and breathing in the fragrance of the fresh flowers that peeked out of the surrounding bushes and the green foliage that engulfed the region with serenity.

“Jungkook.” The silver-head was here already.

“You’re dating Kim Taehyung.”

“Hey, he’s your hyung. And yes, I’m dating him, sleeping with him, however you want to put it. I am to him what you failed to be to me.”

“You’re dating Kim Taehyung.” Jungkook’s monotonous voice was a sharp contrast to Jimin’s rather enraged tone.

“Do you have a problem with that? Are you going to take him away from me too? Is your final plan making sure I have no one to love? What the do you want, Jungkook? I don’t like you anymore. You’re mean and cruel, Taehyung helped me understand that.”

“I just want to answer the question you asked that day, about me never talking to other people unless it’s extremely imp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter