Chapter 3

Selfish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a week after the competition, and although the duo had no other reason to still spend time together, Jimin was still by Jungkook’s side, and the latter felt guilty and uncomfortable.

“Why are you still here?” It was an unexpected question out of the blue, but Jimin saw it coming.

“What? Do you really think I befriended you only for the competition? I mean, yeah, I kind of did. But you’re more than just a dance partner, okay? I like you. I like spending time with you.”

“Okay.” Jungkook was lost, he didn’t know what to say – he never knew what to say. He just couldn’t get himself to clear his mind.

No, he wasn’t speechless; he knew the other liked him, it was too obvious, and strangely, Jungkook cared about the other, but he didn’t want to care at all.

The conversations were kept to a minimum like always, accompanied by a few text messages and silly images from Jimin – most of which Jungkook casually ignored. After all, he didn’t care.

But he was rather enraged to see Jimin hanging out with his own group of friends the next day, only waving at him once in a while; Jungkook was left in the dark, all alone. Was this how Jimin must’ve felt that day after the competition?

“Tae, leave me alone!”

Jungkook flinched at both the voice and the name; he turned around and saw a whining Jimin and a giggling student, both of them rushing towards him.

“Jungkookie, help me! You’re strong, right? Push this brat away from me. He’s always sticking around my . Stupid.”, Jimin complained carelessly.

Jungkook was about to walk away; he didn’t want to get into any trouble, for he knew who Jimin’s friend was – Kim Taehyung, another popular student on campus, though he was popular for reasons he wouldn’t want to ever appreciate, a typical bad boy, one that reminded him of memories he wanted to forget, one that disgusted him.

“Jungkook, wait!”, Jimin called out to him.

He wished his feet didn’t automatically stop, but not every wish comes true.

“This is Taehyung, the dumb kid that followed me all the way from high school to university. If you ever want to compete with a pathetic dancer, hit him up! He’s so bad, you’ll feel special!”

“Hey!”, the familiar but still new voice rebuked. “Jimin, for the last time, I’m not a dance major, so that’s a very unfair comparison! Besides, who’s this Jungkook anyway? I can always compete with you!”

Jungkook let out a sigh and shook his head, proceeding to walk away.

“Jungkook-ah, cafe at six!”

He nodded; he wouldn’t mind meeting up with Jimin, he just couldn’t understand why someone so pure like Jimin would spend time with someone like Taehyung.

No, he wasn’t jealous; he knew he considered Jimin a friend, he was just curious.

“Two iced Americanos, and… Uh, one strawberry cheesecake!”, Jimin ordered as he approached the counter, returning to the table at the corner with the food and drinks.

“Why did you want to meet me here?” Jungkook pulled his cup towards him, eyeing the piece of dessert on the white plate near Jimin’s drink.

Jimin noticed the look, pushing the plate towards him. “What do you mean? I just wanted to hang out!”

Jungkook nodded and stared out at the streets, counting the number of cars passing by.

“Have you always been this awkward?”

“What?”

Jimin shook his head, raising his hands in defeat. “No, no, I didn’t mean it that way! I just… Well, we’re good friends now, right? Could you tell me why you’re always so q

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter