Chapter 4

Selfish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook was frustrated; the days just seemed more boring as their conversations were limited to dating and love, all thanks to Jimin and his desperate desires of a relationship; he missed practicing in that spacious room, seeing the light in the other’s eyes as they swept across the floor with their coordinated moves – he wanted that passionate feeling back, he didn’t care about love.

“Hi.”

“This is your date, the only date. Make the most out of it.” Jungkook didn’t bother greeting Jimin, who deliberately ran all the way to the cafe.

“And after this?”

Jimin frowned as the question faded into thin air, never being answered by the boy who walked ahead of him with his head held high.

“Oh, this is so pretty!” Jimin tightened his grip on the railings of the bridge, his eyes sparkling under the moonlight as he let his eyes capture the wondrous sight of the dark waters below him. The reflection of the moon on the river was like a glorious mirror; he burst out into a wide smile, breathing in the fresh air and exhaling a sigh of relief and pleasure.

Suddenly, he felt an unexpected warmth around his left hand that was just embraced with a chilling air a few moments ago. He turned to his side, his smile morphing into a thin line as he saw Jungkook beside him.

“What?” Jungkook kept his eyes fixated on a tree far ahead of him.

“My hand.”

“Your hand, off the list. You still have yet to receive a hug and a dance.”

Jungkook tried not to smile at the sight of a blushing Jimin; he just couldn’t believe he was actually on a date with the other – it was pleasant, it was soothing, it made his heart feel at peace, and for once, he wished for that feeling to linger, he didn’t want the tranquillity to disappear.

No, he was not in love; he knew he was just doing his friend a favour.

“Don’t ignore me this time, Jungkookie, but what about after tonight? Are you just going to run away?”

Jungkook nodded slowly, “You’re absolutely right. You’ll never have to talk to me again.”

“But why? Isn’t this nice?”

“I’m only paying you back. I don’t like having debts and favours kept for too long.”

“So this means nothing to you?”

“Exactly.”

The silence was suffocating, and the chirping birds seemed like they were mocking the two selfish souls. It broke Jimin’s heart to hear the blatant truth from the other, while Jungkook only wished for the night to end as soon as possible – he was scared.

“Give me a hug, and then we’ll go to the dance room.”, Jimin said and wasted no second in receiving a response. He launched himself into the other’s arms, inhaling his vanilla perfume and relaxing his body into the embrace, pulling away shortly after.

They let their hearts lead their bodies into the dance room, memories of practicing for the competition reeling towards them like a movie clip, flooding their minds. For a moment, they only stood still at the centre, almost like the weight of the air around them pushed them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter