Chef

Just Spartace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s Christmas eve, the restaurant is already full but there are still customers waiting by the reception. This time of the year has always been the busiest. It’s always stressful for everyone working in the restaurant Jongkook runs. Everyone’s tired and grumpy but they couldn’t ruin someone’s night. So here they are powering through the night with the thought in mind that tomorrow’s a day off. Jongkook on the other hand, doesn't mind how the restaurant is full and there’s no time to rest. He’s making money while also making use of his time. He doesn’t have anyone to spend the eve of the most wonderful time of the year, so here he is working. 

 

Jihyo is sitting by the window, across the kitchen, looking lonely. It’s Christmas eve, everyone’s having a date with their partners, but here she is, all by herself in a great restaurant. She has a date coming. Had. Had, because the bastard turned her down. Choosing Christmas eve, of all days, to dump her. Is it heartbreaking for her? No, she actually had it in mind to stop dating the man for a time now. She just didn’t want to be alone during the holidays. Is it embarrassing? Definitely, to be sitting alone in a restaurant full of couples enjoying the night and the view of snow falling down from the sky, embarrasses her so much. But what could she do? She was already dressed and on her way to the restaurant when she was dumped. At the very least she could go eat something good to make up for what happened. She could enjoy two steaks and a bottle of wine! That’s one hell of a great christmas eve for her. 

 

Jihyo’s orders arrived and she indulged it. She was enjoying the scrumptious food in front of her paired with a great wine. Along with the meal, Jihyo enjoyed the view she saw through the glass walls of the restaurant. She liked the experience. It’s not that bad to be alone during Christmas eve. In fact, if she would be asked if she would do this again, she would say yes. 

 

Jongkook was chased away by his employees from the kitchen. He wanted to cook more and help his employees to go through the night, but the employees would have loved to not be nagged during a packed night.  Besides, the employees noticed how their head chef was looking at the woman by the wall that was across the kitchen window and not completely focusing on his cooking. Well, the woman was definitely an eye catcher and they couldn’t blame their boss. But since she looks lonely and alone and Jongkook is just like her, they urged him to go there or do something for her like giving her something in the house. 

 

“Come on, Hyung!” Donghoon, the manager of the restaurant and Jongkook’s best friend, pushed. “She’s alone, so are you! And the guys would literally love you when you’re out there rather than being inside the kitchen!”

 

“Fine, fine!” Jongkook surrendered. “Just get me the strawberry cheesecake I made earlier.”

 

Donghoon immediately did what was asked of him and handed Jongkoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter