Wrong Name

Just Spartace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There’s no doubt Jihyo likes coffee. No scratch that, Jihyo loves coffee. As an accountant who’s always sleepy and gets sleepier as she studies numbers and other things that could help the company she’s working in, she needs caffeine. Lots of it.

Every morning, Jihyo always finds herself still in bed when she needs to get up and get ready for her work. She doesn’t get how she can still sleep in when her alarms are too loud and too many. Maybe she loves sleep as much as she loves caffeine. Because of how limited the time is for her, she’ll always just wash up and change into her uniform and then run as fast she can to the bus stop. She’ll arrive at her office with a few minutes to spare and she’ll always choose to go to the coffee shop near her office. 

Jihyo would always order a large iced americano with a pastry she finds tasty for her breakfast that day. So as usual, Jihyo enters the coffee shop greeted by one of the best scents in the world, coffee. Most of the employees know her since she’s one of their regulars. But surprisingly, one muscular barista doesn’t. 

“Good morning, Miss!” The muscular barista greets. 

“Good morning.” Jihyo smiles. “I’d like a large iced americano and a croissant to go please.”

“Anything else?” The barista asked. 

“That’ll be all.”

“Okay. Name please.”

“Jihyo.”

“You’ll be called once your order is done.” The barista said as he handed Jihyo’s card and receipt. 

Jihyo waited by the claiming area as she wanted to get her breakfast and go to her office as soon as possible. It only took a few minutes when she saw a large iced americano with a little bag beside it. She knew it was her order and just waited until her name was called. 

“Jihyun! Jihyun’s order is ready!” Another barista called. 

Oh I thought that’s mine. 

“Miss.” The muscular barista called. “That’s your order.”

“But it’s for a different person. I’m not Jihyun.”

“Yes, but that’s your order. Large iced americano and a croissant to go, right?” Jihyo just nodded as he repeated her order. “I’m sorry I misspelled your name. I’ll try to never let it happen again.”

“No, it’s fine, it’s fine.” Jihyo assured. 

Jihyo went out from the coffee shop and headed to her company’s building. It was only a little mistake, nothing to get angry about. Though that always happens when that barista takes her order. She always sees that guy in the shop and the guy probably knows that she’s a regular in the place he works in and probably hears her name as she gets her order. The other time he spelled her name Jiho, Jiyu, Jihoon, Jisoo, Jiyoung, and every other name that starts with the correct first character but miserably fails at the second. She’ll definitely ask the barista some other time but right now, she has a full day ahead of her. 


____________________________________________________________________________

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter