Hotteok

Just Spartace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Prompt: Jihyo and Jongkook break up, but they have a pet and neither of them want to give it up. Then they spend a few days each with the pet separately. But it kinda helps them get together again.

 

This is set in an alternate universe.

 

____________________________________________________________________________


 

After a few years of being in a relationship and living together, Jongkook and Jihyo decided to break up. It was a mutual decision. There was no cheating involved nor a big argument. It was just simply a decision they made that they believe is the best for the both of them. They were best friends and they’ll go back to the way they were before. 

 

Since they lived together for awhile, they both agreed that no one will get to live in the apartment they currently live in. They also come on terms on who gets what. Except for a living creature they both love and adore. 

 

Hotteok. 

 

The bulldog Jongkook bought for Jihyo as his anniversary gift for her. A lot of people who knew he would give it to his girlfriend wondered why he’s giving her a bulldog. They knew that girls would typically want a smaller dog or a dog that fits with feminine type. But Jongkook knew his girlfriend better than anyone. He knew she isn’t a typical girl with typical likes and all. She’s different. And so are her likes and dislikes. Besides, Jihyo would definitely choose Hotteok over any dog out there. And he was right, Jihyo fell in love with the puppy he brought home one day within a second and so does he. 

 

But now, they can’t seem to get an agreement on who gets Hotteok. They’ve been going on for hours on who gets the custody of their furry child. 

 

“Listen, Oppa. We have been arguing about this for hours. My point is, Hotteok is a gift you gave to me when we celebrated our first anniversary after moving in together. Isn’t that what makes Hotteok mine?” Jihyo argued once again. 

 

“Yeah. But my point is that  I bought him and the dog is also my child.” Jongkook rebutted. 

 

“Well yeah, you bought her for me! Aren’t you listening? You bought her for me, because of me!” Jihyo, totally not having it, said. “So Hotteok goes to me!”

 

“Still no! I want Hotteok to go with me!” Jongkook still stands with his resolution. 

 

“Ugh!” Jihyo can’t help but let out a loud sigh at what they’re doing. “It was way easier for us to break up than agreeing with who Hotteok goes with.”

 

Jongkook can’t help but to laugh at what they’re arguing about. “You’re right. This is harder.”

 

“How about this, Oppa?” Jihyo sits up straight as she possibly thought of a solution to this squabble. “We will get to have turns on who gets Hotteok for this week, that week, and so on and so forth.”

 

“Well, that’s better than us fighting over our baby Hotteok.” Jongkook picks up the dog. “Deal.”

 

“Deal.” Jihyo smiles. 

 

So they go over how the schedule would be. Jihyo gets to have Hotteok over for the first week and everything would follow. So they started this set up, the person who will have Hotteok over will have to fetch her in the other person’s house. This went over and over. And they had the best time with the dog and Hotteok lived her best life with her parents. 

 

Time went by, Jongkook and Jihyo seemed to fully move on with their own lives without ever forgetting each other and their dog. But no one seemed to be making any moves to have a new relationship since it’s been months already.

 

_______________________________________________________

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter