I’ll Shove the Entire Kimchi Pancake up His

Project: Volunteer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae couldn’t believe it. He was pretty sure he’d been out drinking with Heechul at some fancy gay bar, but he didn’t quite remember how he managed to make his way home. Did Hyukjae pick him up and bring him home? But how did he know exactly where to find him? And why did he suddenly come looking for him after ignoring him for days?

Why did Hyukjae kiss him just now?

He touched his lips where the student had kissed him and couldn’t help smiling widely to himself. Maybe this was a sign that Hyukjae was done being mad with him. Though he still didn’t know how or why Hyukjae ended up being the one who brought him home from the bar. 

Did he do anything embarrassing while he was drunk out of his mind? He sure hoped not. Siwon always told him that he was a happy drunk, whatever that meant. But then again, he’d never gotten so drunk to the point that he couldn’t remember anything from the night before. He must have been really wasted yesterday.

Hyukjae, Hyukjae, Hyukjae. Donghae couldn’t stop smiling despite his throbbing headache. Hyukjae had taken care of him last night. Hyukjae said he’d made soup for him. Hyukjae said that he wasn’t going to disappear again. Hyukjae was giving him another chance. He’d better not it up again like he almost did this morning, when he called out Siwon’s name— 

Wait, Siwon??

Donghae suddenly stiffened in the midst of lathering up his body. He’d totally forgotten all about Siwon. Siwon was still staying with him because he’d been feeling lonely and depressed for the past few days. Siwon hadn’t come back last night because he was busy at the lab, which meant he might be coming in any second now. 

What was Hyukjae going to think if he suddenly saw Siwon waltzing into his apartment later today?

, was he going to it all up again?

Donghae hastily rinsed off his body and ran a towel through his hair before rushing out of the bathroom into his room. He had to find Hyukjae and explain everything before Siwon came back! He didn’t care that he was still completely wet and dripping all over as he slipped on the first shirt and sweatpants he saw in his wardrobe before running out of the room.

“Hyukjae!”

Hyukjae jumped in surprise and the kimchi pancake he was flipping suddenly flopped out of the pan, broke in half, and landed all over the stove. Before he could react, though, he felt a wet pair of arms squeezing him tightly from the back and an even wetter head nuzzling against his shoulders.

He hurriedly turned off the stove, but he didn’t even have time to feel sad about his failed pancake because he heard a sniffle coming from the professor. He whirled around at once and cupped Donghae’s damp, tear-ridden cheeks. Or maybe it was just water trickling down from his hair. Everything was just wet.

“Prof? Did you hurt yourself? Why are you crying?”

Hyukjae frowned when he felt how wet Donghae’s shivering body was. Did he run out because he thought that Hyukjae was going to disappear again? “Prof, you’re gonna catch a cold. Let’s get you nice and dry, okay? You’re leaving wet puddles all over the floor.”

“I-I have something to tell you, but you gotta promise not to get mad and storm off again,” the professor said as he looked forlornly at Hyukjae. “I-It’s about Si—”

“You still have some soap suds in your hair, Prof,” Hyukjae interrupted with a chuckle. “Shall I rinse them off for you?”

“W-What?” Donghae blushed a deep red and meekly let himself be led back into his bedroom to rinse and dry off properly. 

There was a deep pout on his face as Hyukjae fussed over him with the towel and made him change into dry clothes. “You’re worse than Siwon,” Donghae grumbled quietly, nonetheless closing his eyes and humming in satisfaction when Hyukjae massaged his head through the towel.

Hyukjae drew his lips in a thin line when he heard Prof Choi’s name being brought up again. He knew that he was probably acting a little childishly but he just couldn’t help feeling jealous about it. “I’m sorry I’m not him, then.”

“I didn’t mean it like that!” Donghae bit his lips and sighed. He suddenly remembered the reason why he’d rushed out in such a hurry just now and reached up to stop Hyukjae. “Hyuk, I have something important to tell you. It’s about Siwon.”

Hyukjae just hummed nonchalantly. “We have a lot to talk about, Prof. After breakfast.”

“But Siwon—”

Whatever Donghae was about to say next, Hyukjae didn’t know, because he’d leaned forward and captured the professor’s lips in a deep, longing kiss. He’d been wanting to do this for a while now. At least he could pretend that he just wanted to stop Donghae from bringing Prof Choi up so often.

He tilted his head and pulled Donghae into his arms. Donghae didn’t object. They continued kissing and pecking each other for a while longer, with Hyukjae wanting to explore the professor’s minty lips further but Donghae pulling back slightly each time, so the student didn’t push it. 

Donghae panted softly as they parted for air a good minute or two later. His cheeks were tinted a rosy pink colour and Hyukjae thought he looked the most adorable when he was a little shy and breathless after a kiss. 

“Hyukjae…”

“Prof, I know there are a lot of things we need to clear up between us, but I hope it can wait until after food,” Hyukjae said as he nuzzled Donghae’s neck fondly. “Besides, I gotta make another pancake for Prof Choi since you kinda made me ruin the last one.”

Donghae frowned deeply and pulled away from the student. “Prof Choi? W-What… Why are you cooking for him? You knew that he was living with me?”

Hyukjae felt a pang of pain through his chest. He averted his eyes and let go of the professor’s shirt. “I-I didn’t know that you guys were living together,” he said in a soft voice. Donghae’s eyes widened in shock when he realised how that had sounded to Hyukjae.

“Wait, no, it’s not like that. Siwon and I are just friends, we’re not in that kind of relationship any longer,” Donghae quickly said, gritting his teeth thinking he’d just messed up and hurt Hyukjae once more. 

His eyes started to water as he grew more anxious. Really, he should just stuff a sock in his mouth for the rest of the day. “Siwon was staying with me only because I didn't want to be alone after, um, after you left.” Donghae looked embarrassed when he said that. “I was a little… upset, and he’s still my closest friend.”

“I know,” Hyukjae said quietly. He straightened Donghae’s shirt before standing and pulling the professor up with him. “Actually, Prof Choi—”

 

Knock knock knock!

“Hae, babe, are you up already? And if Hyukjae is in there, tell him to back off or I’ll shove the entire kimchi pancake up his .”

 

Hyukjae widened his eyes and jumped away from Donghae, half afraid that Siwon was going to barge in and catch him red-handed. He bit his lip and held his hands close to his chest rather awkwardly as he stared at the door.

On the other hand, Donghae felt all the colour drain from his face when he heard the voice still calling him that endearment. “Was that S-Siwon? He’s back already? Did he see you? What did he say? Why didn’t you tell me he was back?” Donghae asked Hyukjae in a pani

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter