Two

20 Minutes Before the Sunrise (Blue Hour)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There’s a faint sound that’s buzzing in her ears, she can hear muffled murmurs with panic and urgency etched on it but she’s not sure what she’s hearing yet, she can’t catch anything clearly.

“Hey!”

 

“Hey!”

 

Minju tried to open her eyes when she felt a light tap on her shoulders but failed horribly as she felt something heavy crashed her being. She’s shivering, she felt so cold and weak that even lifting her eyelids seems like a hard task. She has no idea what’s happening

“Wake up, come on” She felt a hand cup her cheeks, slowly shaking them. She can feel the touch’s hesitation to shake her, afraid that maybe it might hurt her nonetheless the taps and shakes continues. Minju tried in return, it was weak but she made a progress. A blinding light manages to seep through her vision that made her regret instantly. Her body feels heavy, why does she feel like her strength has been out of her.

“Wake up, please” slowly waking her senses up, she hears more. Minju can definitely hear the voice panic. The incessant gentle taps on her shoulder and a couple of ‘hey wake up’ become more clear. The sound is coming from a girl. After some time as she hears and feels more the more her body feels heavy and weak, carrying herself would be hard.

After a couple of tries Minju successfully opened her eyes but she can’t still make up for her surroundings. A mix of cool colors is the only thing she’s seeing but it still made her eyes hurt.

“Thank God” Minju can hear the girl’s relieved remark, she doesn’t have any idea about who the girl is. Everything is in a blur, Minju squinted in hopes to focus her vision but it is harder than she thought. She feels sick and fragile, she can’t even move anything without feeling the tremendous pain all over her body.

“Give me your hand, I’ll lift you up”

Minju is struggling to summon herself, she’s still unable to process anything but she proceeded to follow the girl’s instructions but as badly as she wants to follow her orders Minju’s body just won’t cooperate. Pushing herself will be useless.

“Uh” Minju grunted as she tried to reach the girl’s free hand. Why does she feel like this? Her strength is still nowhere to be found, she felt like she’s been struck.

“Omg, you’re shaking. Wait, let me help you”  Minju didn’t notice that the girl came closer, she let out another grunt when she felt something warm covered her. The girl apologized instantly at her reaction.

“Wear my jacket for now, are you still cold?” The girl said, her voice is high pitched but it does not sound irritating at all. She sounds concerned and breathless Minju can tell that’s she’s moving around too much, maybe from panic or something else. She wishes she can see her clearly but her face is still a big blur.  

“A-a bit but I’m so… tired and dizzy” Minju whispered, is dry and it hurts when she talks, even talking seems so hard now.  “I can’t stand” she added

“Yeah, you seem like it,” The girl said letting go of Minju’s hand and settling her to lean on her legs, using it as support. She’s sitting and the girl is behind her, watching her not to fall on the ground. Minju’s vision is slowly coming back, bit by bit she sees what’s happening.

 “Let’s rest for a second but only a second, we need to get down from here” the girl spoke from behind.

“From where?” Minju didn’t need the answer as she roamed her eyes around. Everything is green, seems like they’re in an open field but covered in blue. Everything looks so blue, it reminds her of something she seems to know but can’t remember quite yet. It feels familiar. Due to her curiosity, she looked up to see the face of the girl behind her. She had pale skin with brown long hair, even with her bangs she can see her doe-like eyes peeking from it, the color of her eyes is amazing that it shines without effort.

She had a cute small nose that makes up her whole face. She looks pretty and cute at the same time. She doesn’t feel like she had seen the girl somewhere, she doesn’t look familiar but oddly she feels calm with the stranger.

“Who are you?” Minju tried despite the discomfort of talking, what happened and why does she feel like this. She feels helpless.  She gulped to ease the dryness of so she can continue speaking. She has no idea what’s happening and maybe the girl might help her understand everything. Maybe she has the answers.

“Where are we?” Minju asked again when the girl seemed to have no plans on telling who she is.

“The Grassland” The girl answered timidly

“Uh? Where? Who are you? Where am I really?” Minju said throwing questions continuously, forgetting the dryness of . It somehow frustrates her that her questions are only piling up and not being answered. “Told you, this is the grassland”

“I don’t unde--” the girl cut Minju off before she can even talk “Questions later, we need to go. Come on, get up” Minju looked at the hand offered to her and took it immediately but unable to hold it, sudden dizziness hit her. She still feels so groggy but unlike before she can feel her strength slowly rising up.

“He might come any moment let’s go” a hand scooped Minju’s shoulders, which helped her stand up.  “You’re cold,” Minju said when she felt the hands of the girl. The girl with doe eyes just stared at her, her eyes searching for something. For a moment Minju thought that the girl glared at her but she figured out that that’s just the way she looks. She blinked and held the sleeve of what she’s wearing  “Do you want your jacket back?”

The girl shook her head as they walk but more on dragging Minju “No, for now, wear it”

“But you’re cold aren’t you? Minju insisted, for some reason, it bothers her that she’s wearing her jacket when she’s cold herself. She just can’t take it.

“So are you right? Just be grateful come on” There’s a hint of annoyance in the girl’s voice that made Minju let go of the conversation. She swallowed as she can feel the strain, she must’ve talked too much.

“Ok, thanks” Minju said meekly, she still doesn’t have any idea what’s going on, and yet she lets a stranger drag her to a place she doesn’t know.

“Are you feeling better now? We can rest for a moment if you want” The girl with doe eyes said in a kind sincere tone that Minju’s a bit taken aback.

Minju wanted to say that she needs more time to rest but the girl’s kind voice made her change her mind, she doesn’t want to burden her by lagging behind to whatever is happening or to wherever their destination is. She shook her head and let out a small smile. With the support of the girl with doe eyes; hands on her shoulder and her hands on her waist Minju can walk without trouble just little flinches then and there but still moving in a slow to moderate manner. There’s almost no space between them, Minju needs to cling to her, or else she will be like a jelly will splatter to the ground.

Minju should be puzzled and worried about everything, well she is but what surprises her more is her ability to trust easily a girl whom she just met considering in such a strange place. Maybe that’s also the reason that she trusts the girl because she’s the first one she saw in such a strange place. And she still very much weak to protest to anything at the moment.

She doesn’t even remember when or why she is there. But there is something bothering her more than being in a strange place with a stranger. There’s a feeling itching inside her, rummaging and creeping like a mist in a glass.  Ever since she woke up there’s a strange feeling inside her that just troubles her, it wreaks havoc and pain in her heart but she doesn’t know where it’s coming from. It just hurts that she wants to cry her eyes out. She feels even weaker when she minds the pain.

Minju shook her head waking her senses up, for now, she has to put away such feelings until she knows where it's coming from. She ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter