2.6 Andantaespraesebo [andante espressivo] (6/6)

Day to Day to Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Meaning: A spell that requites one-sided love. Musical term for ‘to widen,’ indication to gradually broaden the tempo; lit. slow and expressive.

 

And if Seulgi ever thought falling is endless, she wishes she could go back to that time, because now that she’s hit the bottom, she’s stuck, and to swim in the uncertainty of vulnerability that pulls her back at every step, telling her that it’s not quite time yet, renders her immobile under Joohyun’s captivating gaze and envelops her in a thick fog that blinds her to whatever life she used to have before Joohyun became an active part of it. It’s too different, she thinks, from watching from a distance; up close, Joohyun is a familiar melody that has no chorus—she pulls Seulgi in but keeps her suspended from a resolution.

It’s love, it’s love. Seulgi isn’t afraid because it’s no longer a crush, devastating and shattering in every sense of the word, but love. She’s just waiting for Joohyun to find her tempo and realize that Seulgi will remain in the same spot every time, watching, waiting, for the performance to end. Until Joohyun can love her back, poco a poco, Seulgi will stand there in the audience and listen patiently.

Seungwan thinks Seulgi is going to get sick. Sooyoung feels sick herself watching Seulgi. They haven’t been there, but they too know that it’s love. As annoying as it is to watch.

Not that it matters, at all, to Seulgi. Seulgi is too busy wondering which shirt she should wear to see Joohyun tomorrow after classes end, too busy sending subtle hints to the smaller girl that are barely noticed, no thanks to Joohyun’s oblivious nature. Too busy remembering the feeling of soft lips against hers as she runs her finger along the cut on the inside of , back aching at the memory.

She’ll make her resolution soon. It doesn’t have to be definite, no, not when Joohyun’s song is the driving force of her life, but she’ll end the section with a coda so they can start a new one. Transpose up a key, add a harmony, introduce a new idea, whatever. She hopes she can be the one to change Joohyun’s song and give it a theme named Kang Seulgi or Seulgi or Seul. Whatever. Then they can flow together and write out a new piece of their own: slow, jazzy, hard rock. Whatever.

All interruptions are just a part of the rehearsal. The finale is to come. Seulgi doesn’t like the guy advancing on Joohyun as Seulgi walks over to where she promised to meet the smaller girl, but she believes that he won’t be part of the real performance anyway. No matter what.

Joohyun looks visibly uncomfortable. When Seulgi approaches, she hears him asking for Joohyun’s number, but Joohyun is too afraid to pus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter