2.4 Sacyamitae (4/6)

Day to Day to Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Meaning: A spell to hold the hand of the one you love.

 

Seulgi might have brushed hands with her once, while passing back the syllabus. She didn’t know at that time that she’d want to do it again.

But then, she hadn’t really planned on falling for Joohyun.

Their knuckles kept fleeting against each other teasingly the entire time Seulgi walked besides Joohyun on the way back to Joohyun’s place, and all she could think about was how cute the smaller girl’s hands looked. Thinking about it now, Seulgi supposes that their long conversation may have nudged Joohyun to look more favourably upon her. She prefers it to the awkwardly short texts (although Seulgi finds out that that’s just how Joohyun messages people).

Seulgi makes it a habit to text Joohyun once a day, even though their routes don’t really match up, even if it’s the most mundane topic, like how she had a really big strawberry for dessert. Sooyoung has to intercept by snatching up her phone at lunch while Seungwan distracts Seulgi by pointing to a random place in the eatery and claiming to see Bae Joohyun. Seulgi doesn’t know how she still falls for it everytime. Maybe falling perpetually, literally or figuratively, comes with falling for someone. Both require a level of foolish trust that there will be something at the end, on the way down. Whether it be Joohyun at the empty table Seungwan points at or Joohyun waiting at home for Seulgi with open arms after classes end.

It’s been two weeks since Seulgi saw Joohyun in person, so she’s going through a withdrawal of sorts. Her head stays in the clouds, and she has long stopped looking both ways before crossing the street. The devilish duo have to maneuver her around people on the sidewalk.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter