4.2 Castorpollux (2/2)

Day to Day to Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Meaning: A spell that makes you happy.

 

You and flowers.

Those are the words for happiness.

Joohyun plucks a sunflower everyday for Seulgi, because dark crimson roses remind her, too much, that she is still very broken.

Soft breezes rustle through her unmoving mind but steadfast is she.

-------

Joohyun’s fingers brush Seulgi’s when the latter hands her a warm cup of tea on the forty-ninth day. They’re soft but cold; they remind Joohyun of years spent clasping familiar fingers under fluttering leaves. Seulgi lingers as she watches Joohyun sip her drink. Joohyun lingers when it’s time for her to go.

-------

It has to be an attraction based on their pain, their long gone functionality. Broken magnets cannot attract because the other half pushes it away, so they find other poles. Joohyun and Seulgi are broken magnets, having found each other after their lovers could keep them no more. It’s a sad existence, but she sinks deeper into it, unable to break further, further, further until she vanishes into fine grains of molecular dust.

“It scares me a bit, Joohyun.” Seulgi stretches her legs out in front of her, staring at the thin threads of rain pattering down onto the dark soil. “I’ve grown quite used to seeing you everyday.”

“I’m sorry.”

“What for?” Seulgi’s words are lighthearted this time, and the way the light from the porch lamp glints on her eyes makes it seem as if she’s okay with forgetting Sooyoung. “I have a feeling there’s more you want to say.”

There is, Joohyun realizes. So she tells Seulgi honestly.

“There is,” she says slowly, carefully, “and it scares me too.”

“Well, good thing it’s a mutual feeling.”

They watch as a kid jumps over puddles, small, frog character umbrella bobbing with his movements. Seulgi reaches out and takes Joohyun’s hand, knowing that they both need the support.

Joohyun turns her palm upward, too naturally, too desperately. “There’s a part of me that is overwhelmed by Seungwan. She still occupies my dreams as pleasant nightmares and everything I see or do reminds me of her.”

“I know.”

“And it still hurts.”

“I know.”

“But despite the way my mind screams at me to remember he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter