Phone number

Just an Ex

Some people get food, some people leave to the game room or to sing, some get food and leave with the food to the game room or to sing, whatever. But Kyungsoo drinks from his glass of water. He had a snack before coming so he isn't hungry, maybe later, but who knows how long they're going to stay. Chanyeol let them know messily in the chat that the reunion is going to go all night to midnight. It's a Friday night so everyone is probably free to stay until then or later. Kyungsoo figures once Jongdae is done with his business, they'll head out. 

"Kind of awkward, huh?" Jongin says all of a sudden, his eyes still locked on his glass of water. 

Kyungsoo quickly turns his attention over. "Well, it has been 10 years." 

Jongin chuckles. He plays with his glass of water, swishing the water around in the cup. Kyungsoo watches him closely. He's not sure what Jongin means by "awkward." The class reunion or them? 

"So, heard you're working at DT Bar? How's that been going?" Jongin finally looks up, connecting their eyes. "I tried reserving but they said all bookings are full."

"Tiffany said the same thing." Kyungsoo looks away and takes another sip from his glass of water. He hasn't seen Jongin in a while. For a moment there he almost couldn't recognize him. Back in high school Jongin was more of a passive type. Tended to do what others told him to do, kind of like someone unsure of what they wanted, someone tagging along but not actively participating. Now he looks like he's ready to devour with his eyes alone. "If you want a reservation, I can let you know a good time to check the website." 

"Really? Thanks. Then can I get your number? You can send me the details later." Jongin takes his phone out and hands it over. Kyungsoo hesitates. He just caught himself. When Tiffany asked earlier for tips, why was he so quick to turn her down? And yet, here he was, willingly attempting to help Jongin out. Like Tiffany, he's not obligated to help Jongin out. He must've lost his mind. Nevertheless, Kyungsoo starts inputting his phone number. 

To his surprise, his name pops up. The name on the contact list was ♡♡♡ Kyungsoo ♡♡♡. 

Kyungsoo freezes. He's not sure how to react. The fact that Jongin still has his number or that he hasn't changed the name on the contact. He recalls telling Jongin back in high school to stop being embarrassing with the number of hearts. But Jongin adamantly refuses to change it, saying it was perfect the way it was. He's very likely regretting that decision now. "I'm....already in here though." He says as he slowly slides Jongin's phone back over to him. 

Jongin looks just as surprised as he was as he quickly takes his phone back and starts scrolling through. 

"You forgot you still have my number?" Kyungsoo asks. 

"Oh, uhm I guess I just forgot to delete it." Jongin says embarrassingly. "But it's great it's still in here, saves us time huh?"

Kyungsoo doesn't mind. It's not like he deleted Jongin's number either. But that little piece of information would never reach Jongin's ear. Not even Jongdae knows the number still exists in Kyungsoo's phone - under the name Manager J. He knows he'll never contact Jongin ever again but that doesn't mean he has to delete it either. If it's not broken, why fix it? 

"I'm assuming you already deleted my number?" Jongin says as he puts his phone away. He asks it nonchalantly but his eyes are fixated as if expecting a specific answer. 

Kyungsoo shrugs. "Use your imagination." 

"You just don't want to hurt my feelings huh?" Jongin chuckles, "Well whatever. Do you have anyone around here you know, aside Jongdae? Want to hang out with me? I don't know that many people either."  

"I'll be leaving soon though." Kyungsoo replies. 

"Well, until you leave then. How about it?" Jongin smiles brightly. 

Kyungsoo contemplates. He was planning to blend into the background once Jongdae takes off. But he doesn't have any reason to say no to Jongin either. If he was going to get bothered by anyone all night, it was better to have it be Jongin than someone else whom he isn't as familiar with. "Sure."