Fin

Embrace it [ONE SHOT]

Irene POV

Hello, everyone! My name is Bae Irene or some people usually call me Joohyun. You can either choose between those name, I don't really care. Anyways, I'm 30 years old and currently working as a barista in a cafe near my apartment.

You probably wondering if I still can afford my living expenses with my job. I say yes and at the same time I also happy with my job. In conclusion, I'm happy with my life right now.

What could possibly be missing in my life? 

"Love. For sake, Joohyun! You're 30 years old and you're single!" 

This is my best friend. Kim Jisoo. We have been friends since high school and she run an entertainment company two blocks away from my cafe. Everyday, she would come visit my cafe and accompany. 

Well, technically she doesn't need to come to my cafe everyday to accompany me. But she insist and I just let her do anything she want because dealing with Kim Jisoo will bring headache.

Anyways! So here my best friend told me what missing in my life is love. Right. Love. The one that could make everyone fantasizing unrealistic experiences. Kim Jisoo always have that affect on everyone. Including me who has been her best friend for how long has this friendship been?

Around 13 years, I think. Yeah. 

I did mentioned Jisoo came here everyday, right? But after last week, she came here more frequently than before. What I mean by frequently is that she came here since the opening until this cafe close at night.

So, what happened last week? Just a brief story alright? 

Apparently Kim Jisoo confess to me. Saying that she has been crushing on me since we were high school.

Best friend turn lovers. Very cliche and anti story for a novel, right?

"Love. For sake, Joohyun! You're a 30 years old woman! But you're single!"  

It was last week before she confess her feeling towards me smoothly. I mean by smoothly...really smooth. Smooth like butter. Trust me. 

"But I'm happy with my life, Jisoo. I have you. I have my job. I have my apartment"

"Exactly. You have everything but love"

"I don't need one"

"Of course you need one. You said you have me. Well then, how about making me your girlfriend officially?"

"Girlfriend? You're crazy, Kim Jisoo. W-wait, you-"

It was Tuesday afternoon when Kim Jisoo came by to the cafe and she has been talking about love, relationship, wedding, etc. Honestly, it was too sudden and so ing weird.

But for Kim Jisoo, nothing is too sudden and shocking. Trust me, she made a lot of people felt awkward when they are around her. Kim Jisoo doesn't give a ing about it.

Perhaps that is why I'm friend with her. I don't give a of anything, truthfully. But this one...is different. The way she looked at me, staring at me, I know she is damn serious.

"I like you, Bae Joohyun. I like my own best friend and wish to have a forever life with her officially"

At first, I thought she was joking as I laughed out loud because of her sudden confession. But the more I wait, the more I realized she wasn't joking at all.

That was the very first time I received a direct and odd confession from someone. But that day wasn't the first time I rejected someone.

I rejected her because she’s my best friend! I always consider her as my best friend nothing more. Since high school, Kim Jisoo always thought that I never have a crush. Never fall inlove because I was way too focus with my education.

But iff she thought what missing from my life is love then she is wrong. Because I do have a crush.

She’s a regular here. Perhaps that’s why Kim Jisoo stay here until the cafe is close. She is so eager to find out who is my crush.

Yes. I never told her before but last week I told her that and at some point she exaggerated. Saying I betray our friendship blabla but it just how Kim Jisoo is.

At the end we made a bet. That if my crush have a girlfriend or boyfriend then I should date her. If not then she will let me go.

It sounds childish at first and crazy but I thought maybe this is the right time for me to find out if my crush is taken or not.

Putting so much hope on that resulting in disappointment. Because she hasn’t come to the cafe since last week. 

A bit disappointed and annoyed at the same time because Kim Jisoo has been very annoying since then.

She keep asking question and question which sometimes made me lose focus with what I need to do.

“Do you have her contact?” asked Jisoo who is sitting behind the bar section.

“Why do you conclude my crush is a she?”

“I don’t know. So, do you have her contact?” 

I rolled my eyes. She will never stop asking until I give her the answer. This is why Jisoo sometimes very annoying.

“I don’t” I said while keeping my hand busy with the coffee machine since there is lot of orders today. Also, I'm alone for today until the evening since Jennie got sick yesterday. So, I need to wait for the part timers to come in the evening. Those life savour.

“Ah! So you don’t know her, yet! You haven’t talk to her!” Said Jisoo.

“Will you please be quiet? I’m working here”

“I have been very quiet since last week! You could at least let me talk”

“Ughh it’s clearly the opposite, Jisoo” I said. 

“Say you don’t like me then I’ll leave” I chuckled.

“Kim Hanbin-sshi!” I called the customer name to take their order before lroceed on making the next order. Actually, it's my method to ignore Jisoo. But she knew me better that there is no way I could ever ignore her. 

you, Kim Jisoo.

“You can’t even say you don’t like me. See? I still have a chance” 

I sigh as I approach Jisoo who is leaning on the bar section. Eyes staring at me playfully like always. 

“I like you as my best friend. Now can you shut up?” I said as I stare at her, making eye contact with her. 

She made a smirk on her face before leaning a bit closer to my face. Which of course I back away immediately.

“I know you like me more than that. Let’s wait until she break your heart, shall we?” I scoff in disbelief. 

“Wow. This is my first time having a best friend that actually want me to expeirence a heart break” 

Jisoo leaned back to the chair with arms cross on her chest and a smirk.

“That is the only way for you to realize that I will always be the one by your side”

I roll my eyes. Jisoo can be too confidence and I forget about that sometimes. Instead of dealing with Jisoo which eventually will make me more annoyed, I decided to get back to my station and focus on what am I supposed to do.

Until a bell rang. Indicating someone came in to the cafe. Honestly, if this is my cafe, I would lock the door to prevent customers coming.

I have been dealing with endless orders since the opening! Perhaps a little rest should do. But how can I get one when it’s time for me to rest, Jisoo still here annoying me and bothering me?

But that thought disappear when the new customer came in. A smile suddenly appear on my face spontaneously. It’s my crush.

“Hello! Good afternoon! How are you today?”

“Hello. I’m good. How about you?”

“Exhausted but great. Ah! The usual?” 

“Oh, yes. Please” 

I put her order to the list and mark the cup with her order. 

“Kang Seulgi” she said. 

“Yes, I know” I said. Since she became a regular here a month ago, I have memorize her name. 

So, without her telling my name, I already know.

“You memorize my name since I came here very often” she said.

“Yes, that’s right. But you didn’t came last week” 

“Oh yes. I went to my hometown to visit my parent and spent the whole week therr. That’s why I didn’t came here. But now here I am! Ordering my favorite coffee made by my favorite barista!”

. She called me her favorite barista. I want to hide my face so much. My cheek probably red by now. Stop blushing!

I took out some changes for her and told her to wait as I do my magic behind the coffee machine.

Can you believe how a certain person able to lift up your mood just by being here? Showing their existence through small conversation and a simple smile. 

At first, I don’t because the first I see everyday is Kim Jisoo. That person would only kill me every morning because of how annoying she is. 

Oh, right. Jisoo and I live in the same building but different floor. Instead of meeting my neighbors, the first person I greet every morning is Kim Jisoo because she will stand by my door and ring my bell numerous time.

She will broke my bell anytime soon.

“Kang Seulgi” I called her name after I finished with her order.

“Here you go” I said as I give her the order.

“Thank you. Oh and by the way. Are you alone today? I notice you are the only workers here. Usually there is Jennie”

“Ah. Yes. She's sick so I’m alone until the evening when the part timers will come” she nodded with a smile.

“Alright then! Thank you for the coffee. Been craving this since last week. I’ll make sure to cherish it. Bye!”

“Goodbye!” I said as I wave at her. 

Then, I went back to my station, cleaning up the mess before to get it ready for the next order. But from the corner of my eyes, I notice someone is staring at me.

Despite how much I want to ignore that person, I just can't. Knowing the look on her face just from the corner of my eyes, I know she's judging me right now.

I sigh and put all the things on the table and glare right at her. She's leaning on the bar with a smirk on her face. I hate it when Jisoo made that face.

"That's your crush"

"No"

"The way you deny, it's obvious. It's her. What's her name again? K-Kang...Kang Seugli!" I rolled my eyes.

Kim Jisoo won't stop teasing about this. 

"She's not my crush"

"Ah! Don't deny it again, Joohyun! I know you better than anyone else! But anyways. I should say she's pretty though. However, we both know who is more charming"

I tilted my head. Wondering what the hell she's talking about. Both of us? Who is more charming? Well of course Kang Seulgi!

"Me! Of course!" I scoff. I don't know where she get her confidence from.

"Keep on dreaming, Jisoo"

"Hey. Here is the thing I notice about her. First, you may fall for her charming eyes, right?"

Can't deny because that's true. The first time she came in to the cafe, the first thing that caught my eye is her eyes. Her beautiful monolid eyes. So charming. Though she has monolid eyes, unlike other people, she still look beautiful.

I mean...no offense. I never seen other people with monolid eyes that still look pretty, charming, and mysterious at the same time.

"But you don't play with eyes when you're in bed doing together"

"JISOO! Language!" Jisoo rolled her eyes.

"Since when you corrected my language?" 

"Jisoo! We're in public place! Please watch your language" Irene said. 

"I don't care. Anyways, between me and her you should pick me" 

Ah. There she goes again with her confidence.

"And why is that?" I asked while walking closer to her direction with arm cross on my chest.

"Because you don't kiss her eyes the moment you have with her. You aim for her lips! Between her and me, you do know I have one attractive and charming lips to kiss"

. She's saying the truth. Whoever see her on the street, people would always say that she has a very attractive lips due to its shape.

A perfect heart lips shape. Jisoo has it and somehow that is what makes her very attractive. Irene need to acknowledge that.

Compare to Seulgi...Jisoo's lips is a lot attractive than Seulgi's. But that's not the main point! Does everyone who got into a relationship aim to have in bed together?

Isn't it more than just ? Loving each other, respect each other, and make each other happy. 

For Irene putting life a side is not a problem for her. At least they have each other, they support each other, they love each other, and they are happy for each other then it's enough.

"Not everything is about , Jisoo" I said whispering the word.

"Well of course it is!"

"I don't know you're a ert!"

"I am not! But I am stating the truth" I groaned in frustration and decided to get back to work instead of dealing with Kim Jisoo.

"You cannot avoid that, Bae Joohyun! Whether you refused to acknowledge that but deep inside you have that dirty thought!" said Jisoo.

Oh gosh...please tell me why I am stuck with Kim Jisoo?

 

Two days later~~

 

In the midst of cold winter day, everything seems to be so romantic. With snow coming down from the sky, people tend to seek warm. Either from drinks or from a hug.

Some people tend to relax and stay at home. Enjoying a cup of hot chocolate or hot coffee to warm them up. It suppose to a relaxing weather. But it will never be relaxing if you stuck with Kim Jisoo.

"Are you ing kidding me?!" I yelled feeling very annoyed.

"I'm serious!"

"Me too!"

"Oh and by the way. Watch you language Joohyun" said Jisoo. 

I sigh. Today is like any other day where Jisoo drive me to my workplace and she stay here until the cafe is close later on. However, unlike the other day the cafe doesn't have plenty of customers for today.

Perhaps some people prefer to stay at home rather than going out and seek warm in a cafe and other places. But it doesn't mean the cafe is completely empty.

Joohyun still meet regular customers came by and bought takeaways. Because of the weather, Joohyun has time to rest because she's free. Actually she hope she can be busy.

Since Kim Jisoo is here, chaos is what I like to describe the situation right now. I told you how random and crazy Kim Jisoo is right? Well, after she knew who my crush is and accidently met her the other day, she's been very paranoid ever since then.

Trust me or not, she proposed to me five minutes ago and I was laughing it off when she actually mean it. SHE EVEN BRING A RING! 

"Jisoo! Marriage is nothing like you're dating someone! It's far more important than that! You need to mean it"

"I mean it. Seriously" I scoff.

"Alright. Spill it. Why the you're doing this?" I asked.

"Well. After much consideration, I don't want to lose you for that person! I want you only for myself! That is why I am proposing to you, right now" 

I smirk. Gotcha!

"So you admit you're in the losing team?" 

"NO! No way!"

"Oh just admit it, Kim Jisoo! I know you better than anyone else" I mimicked her just like what she said to me the other day. Jisoo glare at me and I smile in victory.

"You and your competitive behavior" said Jisoo. 

I smirk in victory. Back then I remember how people used to address us as two competitive person. Neither of us wanted to back away from challenge. Despite being best friend, there is no room for giving up.

Even when we need to compete against each other, it doesn't matter for us. We willing to risk our friendship just to win a competition. 

Anyways! Back to the main topic! Marriage is not easy and that thought never cross my mind actually. Uhm...no. Actually it has but long time ago. However, now I'm happy with my life alone, why bother thinking about marriage?

"30 years old woman and still single. Wouldn't that fact scares you?" asked Jisoo and I shake my head.

"Why would that scares me?"

"I don't know? I mean...don't you want to live with someone for the rest of your life? Being alone until you're old is what people try to avoid" I shrugged.

"I won't be alone, Jisoo. I have-"

Suddenly the bell ring. Telling me there's a customer coming in. Eventually my conversation with Jisoo have to stop there because I need to take the order.

When I saw who is it, can't help but to smile.

"Good afternoon. How are you today?"

"Hi! I'm great. Really great! Despite the swirgling snow outside, I'm feeling great!" I nodded. I notice she's looking very excited and happy today. Something extraordinary happened, I guess.

"You're seems happy today" She nodded excitedly.

"Yes. My girlfriend came visit from Canada. She's taking her master degree there and today she came visit"

Girlfriend? 

"Girlfrend?"

"Yes! We have been dating since two years ago! Shortly, we start off as best friends and then she confess to me then here we are. Officially dating. Oh right! I got my usual and one americano, please"

Best friends? Then they officially dating...Seems like I heard that before.

As she continue talking about her girlfriend, her voice suddenly fading. So this is what it feels to be heart broken? Like the world suddenly crash on you and the pain on the chest unbearable.

Love.

When Kim Jisoo said what my life is missing is love...perhaps she is right. Since school day, my main focus always been studying. Never date anyone before although there is a lot of people who confess to me.

Studying and studying endlessly. Wanting to get good grades in order to enter the top university which I did. With Kim Jisoo too but different major.

Never date before and perhaps that is why I am when it comes to love. 

"Irene-sshi?" 

"Huh?"

"Are you okay? You seems off today" Seulgi asked. 

. Was I daydreaming? Blaming myself for my life? Gosh. What happened to me?

"No. No. I'm okay. Ah that will be $20"

Afterwards, I made her orders only to notice that Kim Jisoo is missing. I sigh. Says the one who will stay by my side forever. Yet when I need her she's not here.

Great. You just give me high hope Kim Jisoo.

you.

 

"Here's your coffee" 

"Ah! Irene-sshi! This is my girlfriend, Wendy. Wendy, she's the barista I told you before. You must taste her coffee. Don't blame me if you will miss her coffee once you get back!" 

The more I get to know Seulgi, the more I notice how chatty she is and how innocent she is. Get yourself together, Bae Joohyun. She's taken.

Stood infront me, a woman with short blonde hair and a wide smile, offer me her hand for a handshake. I am contemplating with myself whether to accept it or not.

But that would be rude and I don't want my emotion to take parts in this.

"Hi, Irene-sshi. My name is Wendy. Seulgi really talk a lot about your coffee. Sorry for her chatty behavior"

"Ya! I'm not chatty!" said Seulgi.

That's the very first time I see her childish side. Cute. But...she's taken. I sigh. I keep on reminding myself about that.

At the end I just smile and take her hand.

"Glad to know someone favor my coffee. Please enjoy the coffee and it's nice to meet you Wendy-sshi. I should probably go back to my station" I said.

"Oh yes yes. You're a barista. Must be very busy" said Wendy and I just smile.

"Himnae-seyo, Irene-sshi!" cheered Seulgi and I just nodded before walking back to the station.

It seems like the weather really describe my feeling for today. Unmotivated, sad, and lonely. This may sound like I'm eating my own words but it would probably good to have Kim Jisoo here.

Well...I'm in the losing team now and remember the bet I made with Jisoo? Date her? What could it be like? Will it be different from us as a best friend? 

I mean...I never date anyone before...So I don't know what it feels like to date someone.

But seeing Seulgi and Wendy-sshi, they start off as best friends...so nothing will change...right? I dont' know. Why is this so concerning? I don't know. You tell me...

Is this normal?

Wait. Did I just said unintentionally that I agree to date Kim Jisoo? NO WAY! 

I just said that it will be great if she's here, annoying me so that I can forget the fact that Seulgi has a girlfriend. That fact broke my heart and again...Kim Jisoo wins.

Perhaps I should give her flower or dessert or...right. Chicken. She love chicken. That might be good for her present. A congratulation for winning the bet and her wish finally come true.

"Hey. Can I order now?" asked a customer.

. Didn't notice I was ignoring the customer. 

"Hi. Good afternoon. Sorry about that. What is your order?"

 

Seulgi and Wendy-sshi left an hour before the cafe closed. We chatted for awhile and just by talking with them for short notice, I knew they are a happy couple.

Somehow, I smile knowing about that. Despite feeling hurt like awhile ago, I feel a bit relieve actually. Can't explain why but maybe the fact that Seulgi has a warm, caring, and lovely girlfriend make my heart happy.

Guess I don't really love her...I just have a crush on her but other than that, I just simply want to be her friend. Right. I'm a fool when it comes to love, right?

Anyways, it's time to close the cafe and the part timers have help me organizing the equipments and chairs inside the cafe. Now it's time to go home. 

The weather seems to quiet down a bit. During the day, the weather was concerning because the snow drop heavily. Which made snow mountain on the side of the street. 

But the car snow help clean the side street for pedestrian to walk. 

It's a bit chill outside and better for me to get back home as soon as possible. Where is Kim Jisoo? That woman went missing from daylight until now. I can't even reach her phone.

Did she just ditched me to deal with broken heart all alone? If so then she's a ing hypocrite best friend. 

However, it seems God heard my endless annoyance of Kim Jisoo. Because suddenly a very familiar car stop at the side of the street and the window open, revealing a very familiar face.

That playfull smile of her always make me feel annoyed. She went missing and now she is back with her playfull smile...Annoying !

"Come inside! It's cold!"

" off, Kim Jisoo!"

"Hey! Don't get mad at me now"

"How am I not mad at you?! You left me without notice! Then you went MIA. Now you came with that annoying smile of yours! No! I'm coming home!" I said and walk away from her.

"Hey! Bae Joohyun! Come on. I'm sorry, alright?"

But I ignore her and keep walking. From the corner of my eyes, I can see her moving her car forward. Following my steps.

"Joohyun! Joohyun! Hey! I'm sorry, okay? Come on. Baechu!"

Despite how much I want to ignore her, I can't. She's using her golden card and that is Baechu. Her nickname for me since we were in high school. Another nickname she gave me was Bunny.

But she prefer to call me Baechu because it's cute. Although I was annoyed by that name, I grew to accept it and I found myself liking the nickname. Kim Jisoo always use it when she's being clingy towards me or when I'm mad at her.

And she successfully grab my attention.

"Baechu I'm sorry, okay? Just come inside and I'll take you somewhere"

I stare at her still glaring but my heart softened the moment I saw her eyes staring at me, apologizing. When Kim Jisoo apologize, she really mean it. No doubt on that.

"Please?" again she begged.

Right now I'm contemplating with myself whether to ignore Jisoo or not. But I can't. Our bond is as solid as a rock. So, despite how mad I am with her, I could never stay mad at her too long.

She's too hard to resist. Something I have been questioning ever since we graduated from high school. Perhaps that is because I already consider her as my own family.

Both of us are the only child in the family. Maybe that's what makes our bond so strong. 

At the end I sigh. Although I'm still a bit pissed at her, you guys know I cannot resist Kim Jisoo. I got in to her car. Wear my seatbelt and let Kim Jisoo drive me wherever she want to take me.

Not that I care of because I'm still not in the mood to talk to her. Kim Jisoo is a very sensitive person. She knew I don't want to talk to her that is why she turn on the radio to make the situation less awkward and quiet.

She always been like the this since the first time we met. Always sensitive of me and took good care of me. Despite of her busy schedule at work, she still managed to take care of me.

Ask me out for a simple dinner by the river. Stargazing together until we lost count of time. One time I was not in the mood because I met a very rude customer at the cafe, she immedietly took me to the countryside for a one night vacation.

Good thing the next day is my free day and we spent one night in the countryside. What funny is that the hotel there are full and so we ended up sleeping in the car.

Kim Jisoo was so sorry about that. She didn't think of booking the hotel first before taking me there. But overall, that's what so funny and made my day at that time.

We ended up sleeping in the car and it was a good memory. One of the best because I got to spent a very memorable one night with someone important to me.

Basically, Jisoo's plan was to spend a one night staycation in the countryside. In a 5 stars hotel and we can get a spa together. However, her plan failed. We ended up went to the campsite and slept in the car.

That's the good thing. We sit by the campfire and enjoy smoore's and BBQ which we bought from the supermarket. 

It was so sudden yet everything seems like it was neatly plan before. Anyways, Kim Jisoo is my best friend. Someone who is very important for me. Especially in my life.

I can't imagine living without her and just being by her side makes me very comfortable. 

"We started off as best friends. Until Wendy confess to me and we date offically"

Gosh. I forgot to ask her. Isn't she afraid that once they dating, everything will be different? But the way they love each other, it seems like nothing has change before.

Don't get me wrong. I don't know anything about Seulgi and Wendy's relationship. It just...they enjoy each other. So...what am I scared of? Jisoo confess to me and why I can't do the same?

"We're here" said Jisoo.

Perhaps I was busy with my own thought that I don't realize we are here already. In one very familiar place. My favorite. Han River. Out of other places in South Korea, Kim Jisoo took me here as if this place will be gone by tomorrow morning.

I found myself laughing inside but manage to keep my face as straight as possible. Not wanting to lower down my guard. 

"I bought tteokbokki, ramyeon, and chips. Don't worry. I got us drinks. Cola? I think we need to be sober for tonight so....no soju? Is that okay?" asked Jisoo carefully.

With the way she asked me carefully and her face shows me how scared she is right now, waiting for my reaction, can't help but to chuckled and laugh with her reaction.

Ended up laughing together. See? Now you understand why I cannot resist Kim Jisoo because she is so adorable.

"Alright, mom. I'll be sober for tonight" I said with a smile on my face.

Jisoo nodded cutely with her charming smile and get out from the car to get our things.

What a perfect timing because the snow stop falling and I heard Han River look extraordinary during winter days. I never went to Han River during winter because I hate cold.

But guess today is different. I grab my padding and get out from the car only to meet Jisoo with her padding and hands full of the required equipments for our little picnic.

"Let's go?" asked Jisoo grinning.

 

"Wow. When it's winter, ramyeon is the best" said Jisoo.

"Careful. You'll burn your lips"

"Why? You afraid you can't kiss my lips?" 

"Ish! Kim Jisoo!" Jisoo grin.

"Just kidding. But no actually" I rolled my eyes as I took another sip of the ramyeon.

What people said about Han river during winter days, it's true. Han river is beautiful. With snow filling the side of walking path and the river freeze. City lights at night glowing beautifully.

Today is just the perfect day to enjoy a cup of ramyeon and a hot tteokbokki with someone very special and important in your life. For me, it's Kim Jisoo, my best friend. 

While we are enjoying our food, we would joke around and enjoy each other company with the stars glowing above us. The more we spend time here, the more I realize, we rarely spend time like this in Han River for a few months.

Jisoo is quiet busy these past few months but she still spare her busy schedule to come by to my cafe. Said she want to accompany when basically it wasn't necessary because I still have Jennie my colleague.

And all the regular customers...oh...talking about regular customers. I haven't told Jisoo about our bet.

"Hey" 

"What?"

"I lost"

Jisoo tilted her head. Wondering what I'm referring to. I roll my eyes knowing Jisoo completely forget about the bet she made.

"Our bet. Turns out Seulgi has a girlfriend" 

"HAH! So I'm right! It is Seulgi!" I rolled my eyes.

"So you lose, huh?" I nodded.

Though I hate losing, somehow it didn't matter to me at all. But that thought actually make me thinking though. Perhaps all this time, I never missed anything about love.

Maybe I wasn't embracing it or I was fooling myself that I don't need one. When in fact, I really need one and that person has been waiting for me for years.

Even after I rejected her, she still fight for me. I think I was afraid everything will change...A small smile appear on my face as I remember the time I spend with Jisoo this whole time.

There are many moments of her that made my heart beat twice than normally. She make me flutter. She took good care of me. She makes me happy. So...why I rejected her?

Because I was afraid. Afraid that maybe once we put label on our relationship, everything will change. However, Kang Seulgi and Wendy show me the other way.

That even when they start as best friends, upgrading their relationship won't change anything. 

"You know we don't have to date officially" said Jisoo.

I chuckle. You know what funny about Kim Jisoo? She sound so confidence at first but once certain event happen according to her own assumption, she start to back away.

Because she thought I may not feel uncomfortable. Not just me but anyone else. Honestly, even her presence already make other people feel uncomfortable. But not for me.

"So...you don't love me?" I asked teasing her.

"Of course I do!"

"Then why back away?" I asked. 

She took a moment of silence to stare at me. Perhaps right now she's wondering what is going on inside my head. Always funny to see how hard she is trying to find out what am I thinking.

"Well...you like Seulgi"

"That's right. But she has a girlfriend"

"And now you're heart broken. That's why I brought you here"

"At first, yes. I was heart broken. But I think it was just a short thought...you know?"

Jisoo tilted her head.

"What do you mean short thought?"

"Well...you know. Kang Seulgi-sshi is attractive and yes I was drown into her charm. But merely it was just because she's charming" 

"So?" 

Aish. I never thought confessing would be this hard. Especially with Kim Jisoo. She's so slow...or she's just playing with me? I don't know. Jisoo is a great actress.

I don't know when she's joking, mad, or serious. She's the expert.

"Aish! I was saying, I don't like Seulgi. I was just admiring her and that's it!" I said a bit annoyed.

All this long, I never missed a single thing about love. Because the one I love is right beside me everyday. So close...yet I built high wall just because I'm afraid of what happen next.

But we are talking about Kim Jisoo here. What could possibly go wrong? She never date anyone before. She's romantic. Cheesy, charming, cheerfull, and annoying as hell.

She make me happy. She's there for me everytime I need her. She know how to cheer me up. She know how to take care of me.

So...what did I missed this whole time? 

.

.

.

Honestly...nothing.

Because I have Jisoo. The person I love and care so much. She's been there with me since high school. I didn't missed a single thing in my life. Even love because my love is Jisoo. 

Kim Jisoo...I love her. 

"So...you don't love her but you just admire her?" I sigh. Sometime Kim Jisoo cam be so dumb.

"Yes"

"So...you lost the bet and I'm telling you that is okay if we don't date officially. But then you asked me why I back away? Is that mean?"

you, Kim Jisoo. You're so slow.

Since high school until now, I never get a taste of Jisoo's lips. Didn't know how it feels to kiss her until now. Capturing her heart shape lips softly. Wanting to know her reaction.

Which never surprise me that she answer my kiss. Kissing me softly. Carefully not wanting to hurt me. But honestly, she can do more than this. I know she can.

She's capable of hurting me in away that I cannot walk tomorrow morning. But I don't care. This is what I want since long time but I was too scared to embrace it.

Then we part away out of breathe. A smirk on my face appear and I stare at her eyes only to meet her loving eyes staring back at me. She smile as she pull me closer.

"So...you love me?"

"Since day one...I love you, Kim Jisoo"

"Then why never confess? Why reject me?"

"I'm afraid what we have right now will change as soon as we put the label" Jisoo chuckle.

"Now you tell me I'm the childish one here. Yet the fact is you are more childish than I am" I hit her shoulder lightly and she laugh it off.

"Anyways. I'm not going to a label on us" I widen my eyes. What does she mean by that?!

But then suddenly she take out a small box from her pocket and I recognize that box. The box she showed me this morning. 

"I want to put a ring on your finger, Joohyun-ah" said Jisoo.

I think I'm the luckiest person in the world right now. To marry my own best friends. A person that is so romantic, so lovely, charming, and the one who can make me happy.

She took out the ring from the box. Show me the beautiful golden ring and I notice there is our initial name inside the ring.

BJ x KJ 4ever

I chuckled. Always knew KIm Jisoo is a romatinc person. But never thought she could be this romantic.

"Let's get married tomorrow" said Jisoo.

"Ya! You still need to meet my parents, !"

"No need! They will approve this right away"

"Aish! Kim Jisoo!"

"What? They know me!"

"Ughhh! I cannot believe I wil marry you"

"I always believe I will marry you, Baechu"

 

And that is my love story. We started off as bestfriends. Then we grew love towards each other. One was brave enought to embrace it. But one was too afraid of what will happen next.

Honestly, we always scared of what will happen in the future. But we cannot avoid the future and what can we do is to embrace it and face whatever happen there.

No room to give up. No room to back away. Because maybe if we back away, we will missed something. But if we choose to embrace it, something good might come to us.

Like what happen to me and Jisoo.

A happily married couple with beautiful life everyday. Never thought Kim Jisoo has great strenght when it comes to bed stuff.

" me slowly, Jisoo. I still need to go to work"

"How about you make your own cafe so you don't need to go to work? Then I will be able to go hard on you every night"

"I cannot believe I marry a woman like you"

"Hey! Don't say it like I'm the only one in our relationship"

"Yes you are!"

"Kim Joohyun...you're going to regret it!" 

 

I will let you your fantasy decide what happen next.

 

^^Done