RAINBOW BRIGADE WARRIOR CHAPTER 7: SOLAR RETURN

RAINBOW BRIGADE WARRIOR - PROLOGUE

No words were spoken after the nurse left Solars private ward. Only the beeps of the machine filled the silence in the room. Jin-woo sat on the chair beside Solar. Looking worriedly at Solar. Anxiously waiting. Worried. Do-hoon, meanwhile, was standing facing the large window overlooking the street of Daehak-ro. Hoping the stars of the night sky would put his worried heart at ease.

we shouldnt have rushed their training like that. Do-hoon didnt say anything. Didnt even look at Jin-woo. He felt responsible as well. But neither of them could have figured out the enemies would attack them. Nor could they even know how powerful the girls are.

We didnt know. Yoo-ryoung never attacked the training ground before. The ground is well protected. Even shielded from the eyes of the dark ones. i know. Still, we promised to protect the girls until they completed their training.”  

Do-hoon’s eyes fell on Solar’s unconscious face. He felt the guilt too. The attack was totally unexpected. Ever since Yoo-ryoung left the island, they have upgraded the level of security surrounding the island. And it totally works. Any evil entity who tried to invade the island was easily thwarted. Neither of them are ready for the attack. But then a thought hit Do-hoon.

“The blue flame.” for the first time Jin-woo looked straight at Do-hoon. “But the goblin’s been dead for thousands of years. Isn’t it?” “No actually. They didn’t die. Now yes, the master's book said that the last goblin was gone and it’s body was destroyed. Never once it mentioned death.” “man, come on. I know you’re a good songwriter. It’s the interpretation of death don’t you think. You know how these old texts are. Always divert from telling us straight what we actually read about.” Do-hoon only looked at Jin-woo, making him antsy suddenly. “You know something haven’t you?” Do-hoon turned his back to Jin-woo. His gaze went back to the highway. To the night sky. “Well come on. Tell me what you know. Is the goblin dead?”

Do-hoon exhaled a heavy breath before beginning his sentence. “When Yoo-ryoung began amassing all the dark creatures, I went to Bongjeongsa in search of information about the entities.” a shooting star crossed the night sky. Such a beautiful night on a dreadful time. Maybe the calm before a storm. Do-hoon refocused his distracted mind and continued, “there I found the story about goblins. Or actually goblin.” Do-hoon stopped Jin-woo from interjecting because he already knew what he wanted to say. “Yes GOBLIN. SINGULAR! It turns out, when a goblin is defeated, only the physical body can be destroyed. It’s blue flame remains. The blue flame, the goblin’s core, can only be contained. Nobody knows where it’s being buried.”

Jin-woo looked more grim than 5 minutes ago. “You’re saying Yoo-ryoung resurrect the blue flame?” Do-hoon nodded. Too burden with the realization of reality to answer.

Jin-woo wanted to ask more. A sudden movement caught his eyes. A sudden twitch of the finger. The machine beeps slightly faster. Before long Solar started to open her eyes. 

"Do-hoon." When Do-hoon turned, he almost leaped to Solar's bedside. "There she is. Stay with her Jin-woo. I'll get the nurse."

Jin-woo grasped the bed railing tightly. Very much relieved. "Thank god, Solar. Thank god"