RAINBOW BRIGADE WARRIOR - CHAPTER 1

RAINBOW BRIGADE WARRIOR - PROLOGUE

2011

The sounds of the girls' breath could be heard from even outside the dance room. The incessant sound of the girls panting, gasping for air echoed throughout the room. Beads of sweat spread across their forehead, trickle down over their face. Their eyes, while still trying their best to look sharp, were delirious. Their energy had been meticulously depleted, training dance moves after dance moves all morning.

"Okay girls, that's it for the day. You may take your lunch break. There'll be no more training today. So rest well, okay."

The girls lined up, said thank you and bow down to their dance teacher. As soon as their teacher was out of sight, they immediately slumped down to the floor. If there are any passerby, it would look like they fell down and died. Fortunately, the sound of their loud jagged breathing is a signal that they are still alive.

Just as they started to clean up to go home, their manager walked into their room. "Ladies, the CEO called you to the meeting room." "oh really? Why?" "Dunno, they just told me to come get you." "okay hyung. Lead the way" the three idol trainees follow their manager to the CEO office.

When they entered the meeting room, they did not see the CEO there. Instead a young woman was sitting alone at the end of the table. They smiled at each other. It was still awkward so they did not join her. She also did not say a word. Since they are still awkward with each other they just sat there, waiting for the CEO to come.

"I don't get why you are still stubborn about wanting to debut those girls?" Han Ji-ae, the company's marketing Executive, and the two CEOs had been locked in heated arguments. For the last hour the visionary CEOs had been trying to explain the change they wanted to make in the world of the idols. That they wanted to end the unnecessary suffering of young teenagers with the obsession and unreasonable standard of inhumane beauty that the industry demanded of any one brave and talented enough to even want to become an artist. But she won't even hear it. To her the idea is ridiculously stupid and not profitable.

"These are a talented group of girls. And they are beautiful just the way they are." Ji-ae rolled her eyes. "What are you talking about? Don't be naive Jin-woo. Now, you can keep the girls. But for god sake do something about their appearance?"

At that point Kim Do-hoon stood up, eyes aflamed with rage. "Miss Han Ji-ae, we are not pimps. Those girls are not for sale." "who said about selling girls..." "well you certainly sound like it. Now I will say this one last time. We will not force anyone to change their appearance for the sake of the industry. Those girls are beautiful. And they will stay that way if they want. We are here to channel their wonderful talent and energy to the world. Your job is to promote these wonderful talents to the world. If you cannot do that then just quit." Han Ji-ae stood up, met Do-hoon's eyes. "FINE! You and your idealistic goody-two shoes attitude can go down together."

The sound of the door slamming gave a fright to the girls. But it was nothing compared to Ji-ae's face as she walked past them. She snickered at the girls before continuing walking away.

"I'm sorry girls, you had to wait for so long." "It's okay boss, we just arrived here for a few minutes only. And why did Miss Ji-ae look so angry?" Jin-woo and Do-hoon looked at each other before Jin-woo continued, "ah yes. Miss Ji-ae is no longer a part of our company." Solar was about to ask another question about Miss Ji-ae but Jin-woo raised his hand to stop her, "let's not talk about it anymore. Now there are two reasons I'm calling you all today. Firstly," he beckoned at the new girl, "this is your new team member, Moonbyul. We hope you will all get along." Solar, Wheein, Hwasa and Moonbyul bow to each other in greeting.

"Secondly, since your group already has four person, we think the group is complete. So from tomorrow onward, your real idol training will begin." all the girls groan, thinking of the increased hardship they will be facing in the future. The CEOs only laugh. "Come on girls. Stay strong. We will make sure you will be the best group in the world. So hwaiting." they only laughed, watching their CEO try talking like a young person. "So if there's nothing else you could go and show Moonbyul your dorm." he turned to Moonbyul, "I hope you would be happy here. Welcome to RBW Miss Moonbyul."

Do-hoon reached for a cigarette in his pocket. He put the cigarette between his lips and snapped his finger. Magically, it lit up his thumb on fire. He lit up his cigarette and put off the flame. Jin-woo, annoyed, spoke,"No smoking in the meeting room bro." Do-hoon only laughed. "Come on bro, chill." JIn-woo said nothing. His eyes looking over the ceiling. "You think it would work?" Do-hoon look at Jin-woo. "What do you mean? The girls? Yeah i think so. They are talented. They sing well. Energetic. Even that new girl Moonbyul is great. I think it will be fine." Jin-woo shot a look at Do-hoon. "I know that. I'm with you when we audition them. What I mean is the other thing."

Do-hoon playful look seems to have stopped for a second. He took a long puff of his cigarette. As he exhale, the smoke that came out seem to be glowing. The glowing smoke shot across the room, circulating on the four girls picture on the board. Do-hoon then smiled to Jin-woo. "The energy of life never lies. The energy has chosen those girls to inherit the powers to fight evil. All we have to do is to trust it as it has entrusted us with it." Jin-woo sigh a heavy breath. "Okay fine. Now give me a cigarette."

For the rest of that year, with Moonbyul joining them, the training intensified a hundred fold. Not only are they trained in singing, dancing and acting. The agency also trained their stamina and strength. One would think they are training for the military or something. The CEOs always keep an eye on them. Making sure they are okay. Looking after their wellbeing and health. All until the break came and they got to go home.

A new year greets the agency and the group. As soon as all of them arrived at the agency they were asked to go straight to the CEO office.