Part 5

Cleft Views

“So, let me get this straight, you finally talked to Y/n and she acted different than what you expected?” Yoongi asked through a mouthful of lamb skewers.

“It’s not just that she stuttered and seemed very scared, hyung. She also looked so different. She was covered in acne and had this horrid scar and this large indent in her lip, had this weirdly gravelly voice, AND SHE WAS SO COLD, HYUNG! Like, I needed to sit in front of a fire for a day to warm up from how cold she was!” He cried out, taking a large sip of his soju and trying to calm down. “She is literally so different than I expected! For starters I thought she’d be warm!”

“Woah. Taehyung-ah, there’s a lot wrong with what you just said. You basically said that because of how someone looks, acts around strangers, and feels, you don’t like them? Dude, that sounds very vain if you ask me.” 

“Are you calling me vain, hyung?” Taehyung felt angry at the insinuation, but tried to stay respectful knowing how Yoongi could get.

“I’m not saying you’re vain necessarily, Taehyung-ah. Of course she isn’t what you expected and of course you are upset at this, but what did you expect to have happen? You put her on a pedestal and kept polishing that image of her. You literally made an image of her she had no way of living up to.”

Taehyung sat there in silence, his ice cold water felt like her skin under his hands. He sighed, “I guess that makes sense, but I still don’t know if I… God, I feel so vain.” He sighed, the conversation lulling as their waiter brought them more food. 

“I can imagine so.”