Part 1

Cleft Views

Y/n

Taehyung sighed, staring dreamily at the girl of his dreams from across the cafe. He was supposed to be finishing his shift but he shared a bond with that wonderfully friendly, amazing, caring person and he just wanted to revel in it. Now, if only he knew how to start a conversation with her. He knew what would happen after talking with her, but it was sadly that initial step he couldn’t quite figure out. 

She was a year older than him and the literal backbone of school spirit (from what he’s heard, she was always the one to come up with all the amazing ideas for every cool activity the college ever had) she was smiley and friendly with everyone (but her actual friend group was on the smaller side from what he’s gathered), and she seemed to perfectly balance her social life, three clubs, badminton, and school work. 

She was literally perfect, and Taehyung was smitten.

A tiny laugh of hers flowed through the air and graced Taehyung’s ears as she sat in the most sun filled corner of the cafe as he sighed once again. He could get drunk on her laughter and high on her smiles. 

The only thing that would make it better was if he was the one causing her laughter. 

That would be--

“Earth to Taehyung!” Grubby fingers hit Taehyung’s face lightly and flailed in his personal space while trying (and failing) to snap.

“What Jungkook?! Can’t you see I’m thinking!” He whined, taking a step away from Jungkook as he looked down at his mocca brown apron angrily, a heavier sigh leaving him this time as his mind slowly came back to the real world and focused on work. 

God, he wished he didn’t have to be working right now. The morning rush was always better than the afternoon slowness he was forced to work with today.

“I know,” The taller man snickered, “That’s why I had to take out your muffins out of the oven.” He pointed towards two bakers-dozens worth of chocolate chip muffins (the special for today) that were sitting on the counter just a few feet away. “I know you only have half an hour left in your shift, but damn! Please focus, I need to not work right now. You can suffer instead.”

Taehyung laughed lightly, “I am working, besides, shouldn’t you, as my dongsaeng, be working for me?” He looked back over at Y/N who was talking with one of her friends quietly and imagined himself sitting in lieu of her friend listening to her complain about her current study buddy (not that he knew what they were talking about).

“I’m your dongsaeng, not your slave. Now work! I need a nap.” Jungkook said, waving Taehyung off with one hand and pinching the bridge of his nose tiredly with the other. Not that Jungkook was ever not tired.

“Your break doesn’t start for another thirty minutes!” Taehyung whined, hoping that for once Jungkook would actually pull his weight before his break.

“My break starts when I want it to start, hyung.” Jungkook retorted, already heading to the backroom to do something, most likely nap.