Part 3

Cleft Views

He had made it to the only lecture he shared with you early just to pick the seat on the right  of you. There was a friend of yours who always sat to the left of you, but your right always had someone new sitting there who you’d never talk to so Taehyung knew that it would be open. He was ready for his chance to finally talk to you, to finally get in a four meter range of you (creepy sounding, but it’s not! He just notices these things.). 

He had planned today down to a T. 

He’d ask for a pencil from you shortly after the lecture started, be suave about it and all, slip in a tiny pick up line and a wink, and at the end of the class give it back with a sticky note attached with his phone number. You’d be so smitten with his smooth moves and text him right then and there, and THEN! His life with you would be set! You’d date for ten and a half months, move in together for both of your all’s final year as an undergrad (you were in a five year bachelors program while he was only in the normal four year masters program), be engaged before graduating, and marry and have kids exactly one year after both of you find the perfect job!

Only, today… when you came in you were talking with two other girls… who weren’t moving to sit elsewhere and undoubtedly wanted to sit together. 

But Taehyung needed this seat! If he didn’t sit here today, for this exact class, the first day of the rest of his life wouldn’t start!

Luckily, the one of your friends merely sat in front of you instead of asking for his seat, and now he was closer to your adorable laugh than ever before. Being this close he could actually also hear the very-much-present gravily undertones that were in your voice that he couldn’t hear before. 

It was… unexpected to say the least, but still amazing. He loved it and he love you, and he’d do anything for today to work.

Slowly he was working up the nerves to talk to you, to finally meet his soulmate. 

His one and only.

“Hey, uhhhh…” He gently tapped your shoulder, shocks of cold skin hitting his hand in return.

You jumped and looked directly at him with wide eyes, “Y-y-yes? H-h-how ca-can I hel-help you?” It was the first time he actually got to look at you and it was… different to say the least. There was this strange lift in your lips that connected to a large scar and there were large patches of acne that disrupted your face’s natural structure. 

“Uhhhhhh… can I borrow a pencil?” He asked, his mind completely blank of his entire plan as he watched you nod anxiously, your face seeming to redden in a blotchy manner before you jerkily moved to get a pencil and give it to him. 

When he grabbed the pencil from your hand he accidentally touched it, its coldness making him want to shrivel up. Why were you so physically cold? 

“Thank you.” He said quietly before looking back towards the front. 

That went nothing like he expected it to go…

But he wasn’t sure if that was a blessing or a curse. Would he even want to date you at this point?

He couldn’t focus during his lecture and didn’t give you your pencil back.