At least for now

The Real Final
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s her off day but Jimin can’t relax at all. It’s like her body is in her room but her mind is somewhere else. Plus, just now while having breakfast, she argued with her dad, again, for thousand times. And surprisingly, it’s the same topic over and over again.

 

“Jimin-ah, this time appa found a suitable man for you.”

“Come on, appa. Not this again.” She continued munching.

“How long you’re going to shut your heart? You’re not getting younger.”

“It’s my heart. I’ll take care of it myself.” She gave an intense glare to her dad.

“Now, now. It’s not nice to fight in front of meals.” Her mom intercepted.

“Oh really? How? Last time I know, you bawled your eyes out.”

“It’s a mistake and I’ve learnt it the hard way.” She put down her spoon now.

“An avoidable mistake, if and only if you follow my advice, my choice.”

“25 years of living, never once in my life I disobey you except THAT one. You sent me to boarding school when I was 12, without asking me did I want to go there? You want me to choose science stream even I told you many times that I like literature more. You want me to be a doctor, when you knew my dream is becoming a lecturer. I literally live my life like it’s yours and all you notice is just for THAT one mistake, just for THAT one time when I live my own life.” She scoffed.

“Oh, now you’re saying that you regret what you have now? If it’s not because of me, do you think you’ll become who you are right now? I MADE YOU WHO YOU ARE!”

 

It’s getting tense and Jimin knew, she would never win her dad. It’s no use talking about the past. What’s done was done. But she can’t held her tears, so she get up of the table, replying her dad before rushing to her room. She didn’t care of her dad heard her or not.

 

“Yes, you made me who I am today. But have you ever asked me, what kind of person did I want to be?”

 

The fights earlier get her mind messed up. She knows she can’t keep being this way, she has to control her stress. She dresses up to take some fresh air. Usually when she has a lot in her mind, she would call Ningning and Aeri and ask to meet up but unfortunately, both of them can’t make time for her. So she went alone to the one of her favourite café and there she met Minjeong. The latter on the other hand looks surprised. And one thing to add to her concern, sometimes Minjeong randomly appeared in her dream since the unexpected confession months ago. It’s worrying her because people say when you dream of someone, it’s because you had been thinking about that person subconsciously. And she always feels like someone’s defibrillating her heart whenever Minjeong secretly glancing at her or pouring her a glass of water or serving meat to her first before getting one for herself or by walking her home every single day. She always dismissed the ‘weird’ feelings she’s experiencing though. But, unexpectedly meeting her today lift her mood up.

 

“Can I sit here?” She approached her with a cup of iced vanilla latte.

“Sure.” Minjeong nodded.

“You came here often?” Jimin initiates the conversation. She doesn’t know why, she wants to hear her voice. Minjeong has the calm tone whenever she speaks. Maybe because right now she’s seeking for the calmness.

“Every weekend?”

“Wow. I didn’t know you like this café too.” She took a sip of her drink.

“I don’t.”

“Well, what a way to express, especially when you said you came here every weekend.” She tittered.

“I met my first love here.”

“Reminiscing the old times?” She is curious.

“Kind of?” Minjeong stared at the empty street through the window and the memories of Jimin laughing at her friend who left her phone in the café makes her chuckle.

 

Jimin feels uneasy with that glee. She knows she should not feel that way but she can’t help it. She is curious about her first love but at the same time she doesn’t want to keep talking about that. Wait, what is this situation called? Something started with ‘J’.

 

“Enjoying your weekend?” This time it’s Minjeong turn to ask.

“Hmm. Not really.” She sighed.

“Why? Is something bothering you?” Minjeong put her cup down, giving all attention to her. This is when Jimin feels electrified.

“No… It’s just…” She hesitated.

“Why? The bald old man still bothering you?” Minjeong frowned, acting she’s mad.

 

They recently got a new assistant coach— a guy in his mid-forties with a bald patch in the middle of the scalp. He’s married and his wife is pregnant BUT he still try to hit Jimin. They apparently didn’t like him much because of that, that’s why they often address him as the ‘bald old man’. They have complaint to authority once but the higher ups can’t seem to dismiss him because he’s good at his job. Jimin thought that she just need to bear with him but sometimes the old man is just too much. This is where Minjeong appears like a superman, saving her life. What is more touching is when Zeha accidentally tell her that Minjeong continuously brought the matter to the higher ups. Well, Minjeong is their superstar. They just can’t ignore her like that. Due to that, the assistant coach received a verbal warning and since that he has stopped bothering her, though sometimes he forgot.

 

“Hahaha. No…” She laughed.

“Thank god. If not, I’m not going to let it slide.” Minjeong clenched her fist.

“Hahaha. I’ll not let him too.”

“Is something else bothering you?”

“I fought with my dad.” She sipped her empty cup.

“Is it that bad?”

“Not that bad, I guess? I don’t know.” She kept playing with the empty cup.

“What did you guys fight about?”

“He keeps—,” she paused, glancing at Minjeong before continuing "—sending me on blind dates.” She’s expecting some kind of jealous reaction but Minjeong seems calm.

“And you didn’t like it?” Minjeong trying to guess.

“NO! I hate it. UGHHHH.” She rolled her eyes.

“You didn’t like the guy or you didn’t like it when your dad set you up?”

 

The questions makes her think hard. To be honest, all the guys that her dad introduced to her is not that bad. They have the looks and a stable career. And she always went to the blind date though almost everyone didn’t have the chance for the second date. Few guys went through the second date but that’s when all end. Yes, she has been obeying her dad all this time but why not now? Since when? She frowned as she trying to remember when did she feels annoyed with her dad.

 

Hmmm. Is it around January? She her chin.

Yeah. I think it’s. She nodded vigorously.

Wait…. Isn’t it when Kim seonsu confessed? She gasped.

 

“Why? Finally figured the answer?” Minjeong asked.

 

No. no. noooo. No way. She shook her head aggressively.

Why? Why must I hate meeting a man just because she confessed? She looked at Minjeong who’s focusing on her.

And she’s not a HE! She squashed the cup in her hand with a scowl on her face.

 

“I… S—shouldn’t ask that, right?” Minjeong gulped at the sight of her crushing the coffee cup.

“Huh? Ah. No it’s nothing.” She shook her hands.

“Okay… Em… So… You need another coffee?” Minjeong glanced at the squashed cup.

“Just plain water, thank you.”

“Noted.” Minjeong get up of her seat.

“Seriously Yu Jimin, what are you thinking????” She asked herself right after the latter left.

 

 

“Woah. So this is how studio home looks like. It’s a lot bigger than what I expected.”

 

Jimin was in awe. She looked o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter